Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

The Truth

~Evie’s POV~

I dreamt of a wolf, the creature stared me directly in the eyes, giving me a grief-stricken look before turning to the rising moon and let out a mournful howl as if in pain. I awoke with a jolt and sat upright. My heart hammered against my chest and my breathing was ragged. My eyes survey my surroundings and I calm down when I see that I’m in my own bed, safely in my own room.

I pull my duvet off myself and stand up slowly, momentarily looking down to see myself dressed in one of my slack t-shirts and boxers. I remember what had occurred before I had fainted and decide to find Matt and demand for a good explanation. Did werewolves really exist or had I imagined the whole scene?

I tiptoed down the hallway and passed the front door. I crept up to it and made sure it was locked before proceeding to the lounge. I stuck my head around the corner and spotted Matt with his back turned to me. He was staring out the window absentmindedly while leaning on the back of my couch. There was no trace of him being a werewolf at all and I started thinking that maybe I had been dreaming.
“Matt?” I advanced toward him but he doesn’t turn to acknowledge me.

I place my small hand on his well-developed shoulder. He snaps his head to face me and I assume he hadn’t heard me at all. He gave me a sorrowful look, the same look the wolf in my dreams had given me.
“I’m so sorry Evie” His apology takes me by surprise.
“Um, what for?” I gave him a perplexed expression and he sighs softly.
“I shouldn’t have gotten you involved; I’ve put you in dangerous situa-”

I cut him off “Can you bear me the Edward Cullen break-up speech please Matt” He stands up at full height so I have to gaze up at him. It was hard to be intimidating now that he was at least one and a half heads taller than me.
“This isn’t a joking matter Evie, I’m a werewolf. Sure most of the time I can control my anger but there are some moments were I can’t and I could have hurt you because you were in my way.”

I purse my lips together tightly and gave him a glare. “But you didn’t hurt me. I’m right here, unharmed, so what’s the issue,” My voice becomes icy and calculated as I continue to make my point. “You’ve been a werewolf this whole time and just because I’m suddenly aware of your secret doesn’t mean anything has to change.” I folded my arms over my chest and let out a huff of air.

Matt opens and closes his mouth but is so stunned by my words that he can’t form a coherent word.
“How- …you’re okay?! With me being a werewolf and everything?!”
I nod my head slowly and meekly to his question before answering “I’m still trying to wrap my head around the whole concept and it might take awhile… but you haven’t… hurt me yet and you could have before when you had the chance but you didn’t…” My sentences came out in a slow awkward mess but he seemed to understand me.

He brings me into a sudden hug and I’m caught of guard but I relax and wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him back.
“Imprint” He nuzzle my ear and murmurs that word quietly.
“Pardon?” I pull back but we’re still in the hug.
“You said you didn’t believe in soul mates but what we have isn’t that. It’s something much stronger, you’re my imprint. I imprinted on you.” He explained to me and I blushed.
He had remembered what I’d told him when we first met, that I didn’t believe in soul mates.

I glanced up at him shyly before uttering “Then I’m glad you imprinted on me”
I lean in and slide my eyes shut. Our lips meet in a soft embrace and my cheeks grow redder. His lips were warm and the kiss was surreal.
‘This should have been my first kiss’ I sigh inwardly in bliss. Savouring this perfect moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ngwaaaa Matt and Evie's first kiss! :) Happy New Years my lovely's ^.^ I hope this did you all justice :3