Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

Perfect

“And do you Matthew Gibbs take Evelyn Dante to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

“I do.” I grin, my earlier nerves slowly fading away as I stare at Evie.

A mixture of feelings swelled up in the pit of my stomach. I felt wary as friends and family stared intensely at Evie and I as we stood at the altar, and then I feel happy that after so much planning, today was the day we tied the knot, that I could call Evie my wife.

“You may now kiss the bride!”

I blinked back into reality before pulling Evie into me and stooping down to meet her soft lips. The kiss lasted but a few seconds before we pulled away and everyone stood to clap. Taking Evie’s hand we walked back down the aisle. Friends smacked me on the back while congratulating me and mum was bawling her eyes out as she hugged Evie tightly.

“Mum! You’ll smear your make-up all over Evie’s wedding dress if you keep that up.” I warned in a light tone, reminding me of when mum first met Evie. I shook my head lightly and laughed as we all moved venue to the reception.

Everything was a blur, it felt like only yesterday I had met Evie, but at the same time I felt like I’ve known her for a life time.

“Matt, are you okay?” I zoned back in to see Evie looking at me from her seat beside me.

“Oh, sorry, I’m just having a hard time believing this is really happening,” I laugh “It’s so surreal.” I take her hand and kiss her knuckles gently and take her in again, her hair was done up and adorned fresh flowers, the dress she wore made her look even more gorgeous. I didn’t want to be the time of guy to gush like some love sick puppy…. well, except I was a love sick puppy.

I force myself to peel my eyes off of Evie and turn back to watch everyone dance and enjoy themselves. I couldn’t ask for a better day, everything had gone so smoothly and I felt relieved and happy. I’d been worried that something would happen to ruin the day but clearly I was just being negative.

I relaxed and when I was offered a beer I shook my head, I didn’t need to drink any alcohol to enjoy myself this evening. I wanted to remember this night for as long as I could because I’ve been dreaming of my wedding day for a long time now and everything was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated this in over a year. This is kinda short but it's only meant to be a filler for what's to come ^-^'

Thoughts?