Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

Imprinting

~Matt’s POV~

I climbed the stairs of the stage, following the rest of the guys closely. The place was packed and buzzing with noise. I begun to mentally brace myself as I clutched my drumsticks tightly. As soon as Derek stepped out onto the stage and in view of the crowd they exploded into a burst of screams and whistles.

We line up to make it easier for Derek to introduce us. I scratch the back of my head nervously before twirling my drumsticks between my fingers. I hear him introduce me and I wave, smiling sheepishly as screams erupt from several different spots in the arena.

I scrutinize the crowd and am thankful for such a great turn out. I’m about to spin around and head for my drum set when I spot her. Big, stunning brown eyes stared back at me. She had an innocent, beautiful baby doll face that was framed by long ringlets of dark hair.

It felt like she was staring into my very soul and I felt compelled to run up to her. I wanted to smell her scent, to memorize it. I wanted so badly to run my fingers across her silky smooth skin. I see her lips part and make an ‘o’ shape as she continued to gaze back at me.

I tensed and realized what had happened. All I wanted to do was protect her from the world, from everything. I wanted her to be safe and secure. For her to love me.

“Fuck,” I curse and Derek turns to me confused forcing me to break eye-contact with the breath-taking girl. I turn to Derek with wild eyes, willing myself to stay where I was because the guys were relying on me.

“Matt, dude. You look high as fuck,” Simon states while putting his guitar on.

“She’s in the crowd.” My voice sounded odd, distant and breathy.

“Who Matt?” Derek goads.

“My imprint,” I groan in frustration and shuffle backwards before heading to my drums. Hoping to calm down my sudden arousal from finally laying eyes on my imprint.

I see the guys give each other ‘the look’ and turn back to me worried. I ignored them and began taking even breaths to refocus myself. Derek turned back to the crowd and begin talking to them and within a few minutes I was somewhat focused enough to begin.

I signaled the guys and we kicked off. I put all my attention into drumming, focusing intensely so I wouldn't get distracted by her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed :3

Edited and Proofread 11/12/13