Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

Boiling Blood

~Matt’s POV~

I walked down the busy street, passing varieties of different shops filled with pre-occupied people. I grin, my headset blasting music into my ears and at the moment I was positive that I was the happiest guy on earth. Evie had said yes, she wanted to at least get to know me.

But as happy as I was, I still had two problems stopping me from being with my imprint. One, I’d have to figure out a way to explain the whole me being a werewolf situation. Pray to God above she doesn’t freak out and run away which made me laugh aloud; she’d more than likely head for the hills once she heard my secret. But I wasn’t going to hide the truth from her either.

My second problem was Will. Surely it wouldn’t be that hard to tell him that Evie wasn’t interested in being his girlfriend anymore. However I doubted he’d take the hint. Evie had made it clear that she’s tried several times to end the relationship but he’d become possessive and abusive. He’s hit her, more than once.

“What is that?” I had pointed at her upper back as she had turned away from me.
“Nothing” She had stuttered, trying to cover her back from my view. I was quicker to respond and I had pinned her gently down and taken a closer look. She hadn’t tried to struggle which I assumed meant that she had gained trust in me.

I examined the recent scars, they were different sizes and shapes. Out of curiosity I had asked her to explain how she’s gotten them.
“I told Will I wanted to break-up with him after I caught him kissing another girl. He got mad and started throwing dinner plates at me.” She speaks softly and my enhanced hearing picked up on her every bitter word.


I recalled that moment with ease because I had been so outraged. I was surprised that all my anger towards her boyfriend hadn’t caused me to turn yet because learning that he was nothing but a spoilt douchebag sure boiled my already hot blood. I wasn’t dumb enough to lose control though and I was going to look at this rationally. No need to scare Evie, not yet anyway.

I walk into my favourite café and pull out my wallet.
“The usual please Zoe” I smile at the familiar faced cashier and she writes down my usual order and hands it to the barista. After paying I turn around. While waiting for my order I survey the people in the café. I hear a guy laughing obnoxiously with a girl and I immediately recognized Evie’s boyfriend, Will. He was clearly flirting with the girl but it wasn’t Evie sitting across from him.

My eyes narrow and I let a snarl slither up from the pit of my chest and escape my scowling mouth. On the bright side it looked like Evie would be single earlier than she had expected. I crack my neck and approached him cautiously.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked this one ^_^ Sorry for the cliffhanger but I'm calling it a night so I can get up and write more tomorrow when I'm fully rested.

Please, please, pleasssse comment, I'll update faster if I get more comments that motivate me cx thanks for reading :)

Bye x