She's Hiding Something...

11

(Annabeth)
I watch in horror as Elizabeth topples over the edge of the building and disappears over the side. She's laughing and smiling. Most children who fall off buildings don't giggle! Something is wrong here.

I have mere seconds to decide. Angel, demon or harpy? Those are the three things that have wings that I can think of. The angel wings are huge though, I might be spotted, the demon wings are made of fire, so ditto and the harpy me is big, black raven wings sprouting from my shoulderblades and lots of fangs. I decide the harpy is best. While it might scare her, the wings are significantly smaller and easier to hide.

In the alley below I can see Megan waiting, arms outstretched in a desperate attempt to catch Liz. Did I mention she's a demon? Well she is, but not like the others. She saved a man instead of killing him like Lucifer had ordered, so God rewarded her and let her come to Earth as a human, while still retaining her powers.

In three steps I leap off the apartment complex and wince as my wings and talons take the place of my arms and lower legs. Out of the blue Autumn appears and winks at me, before vanishing and reappearing again below Liz and catching her. I let out a sigh of relief and swoop over to Autumn, but there is more to come.

Something is happening to Elizabeth. And she's... enjoying it.... Weirdness overload right now. Grey feathered wings are sprouting from her back, ripping holes in her dress. Grey wings, not angel or demon, I'm starting to get really confused now. They're big too, so they're angel sized, and now I look closely I can see her fingers are sparking. Demon behavior.

Autumn, seeing the sparks, panics and lets her go, so I fly down and grab her with one of my talons, causing her to giggle hysterically. I shake my head and heave her back up to the roof, setting her down gently and wait for Autumn and Megan to appear.

When they do, I hand Liz over to Megan, who takes her hand and grips it tightly while I change back into my human form.

"What the hell just happened?!" I shriek, taking Elizabeth back and holding her close to me.

"Don't ask me!" Autumn cries before vanishing, and Megan just shrugs. Exasperated, I snap my fingers and appear in Heaven, towing Elizabeth behind me, but I hand her off to an angel named Marnie who's a friend of mine before bursting into God's chamber, where he's waiting for me.

"Explain. Now." I growl, folding my arms and frowning as the ends of my hair start to burn and burst into flame.

"You know what, Annabeth. Calm down." My hair instead turns silver with ice and I scream in frustration, tears leaking down my face.

"You can't do this to her! She'll die!" I scream, hurling a piece of white rock at him. He coolly catches it and tosses it aside.

He's made her a Cursed Child. Half demon, half angel. They have until the age of ten to appease him, if the majority of their actions are bad then they become evil monsters of the Underworld, if they are good then they become angels. Most Cursed Children don't make it, because they're still too young to understand good from bad. And once they do, it's too late.

But I can't let Elizabeth become one of them. If I do, she'll die. I can't do that to her.

"Bye." I mutter, hanging my head as I trudge out and take Elizabeth's hand so I can take her home. We reappear in the living room and I lock myself in my room, collapsing on the bed and crying. I'm going to lose Elizabeth. What will Angelo think if in six years time my only daughter is dead?

I don't know. I give up. Kill me now. Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm fucking immortal. Damn me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Confession time!

Alright, the supernatural part of the plot wasn't my original idea. I actually took it out of the comments, so please take a moment or two to thank my lovely commenters for providing me with inspiration and ideas.

I hope you guys all like it. I've noticed my readers are decreasing by about ten people each chapter, and that's worrying me.

But anyway, enjoy and tell me what you think!

-Marsi xx