She's Hiding Something...

6

(Annabeth)
"I don't want to be here." I whine as I pace back and forth across the cavern floor. That's Hell in one word. Cavern. Red rock, hot to the touch and the stone columns burst into flame at random moments.

"You will stay. Besides, we've already woken them. You can't leave." God says, folding his arms across his chest, twirling the end of his white beard with his index finger. Lucifer, who stands beside him, nods.

"Well where are they? I have to get back to Elizabeth!" I huff, glaring at the two of them.

"Do not worry. Elizabeth is being taken care of by your parents." God replies coolly. I flinch at the term 'parents'. I don't have parents. They're not even real, the ones taking care of Beth. But she'll never know. It's best she doesn't.

I sigh as the door behind us swings open and I turn to see four people walk into the room. The first is a tall pale woman, dressed in a light pink summer dress with several flowers wound into her long brown hair. Second is a short man, only around five feet in height, with fiery ginger hair that sticks out at all angles, his tanned face covered in freckles, and he is dressed in nothing but a pair of bright red Capri shorts. Behind him is another woman, wearing a pair of old, worn overalls over her ebony skin. Atop her head is a wreath of withering orange maple leaves. Last to pass through the door is an extremely tall, lanky man, his skin of a grey tone, with pure white hair and piercing blue eyes, dressed in a dark blue vest, suit bottoms and black boots.

"Ah, Seasons. Good to see you." Lucifer sneers, but God hushes him.

"Do you know why you are here?" God asks. Everyone shakes their heads 'no', except from Autumn, she smirks.

"Than I shall tell you. Annabeth here has fallen for a human. Again."

I fold my arms angrily as everyone stares at me, eyes wide in shock, but Winter just laughs.

"The Blood Baby has found love!" he exclaims.

I snarl and snap back, "Watch it, Icy!"

Winter narrows his eyes, but before he can reply Lucifer steps in. "Alright, everyone calm down! No bickering. Now, Annabeth. How are you going to tell him?"

I frown. "I was hoping one you would give me that answer."

"Does she have to tell him?" Spring asks, looking up. "I mean, she already has the Elizabeth problem."

"Thanks to you." I grin evilly at God, but he waves it off.

"You have one month. Halloween is your deadline, to tell him both about your daughter and about you, well, you know, being the Blood Baby."

"Fine. Can I go now?" I groan.

God nods, and with that I let the teleportation take over, feeling my body evaporate into thin air and then it building itself again in my apartment, just in time for there to be a loud knocking at my door.

I open it to find Elizabeth staring up at me, reaching her arms up and blinks sleepily. I swoop her up into my chest and she waves lazily at her 'grandparents' who evaporate much like I just did when she's not looking before she falls completely asleep on my shoulder. Poor baby.

I lay her down gently onto her bed, tucking her under the blue covers, removing her coat in the process and hang it on the back of her door and shut it behind me before I walk into my room. I collapse in the chair before my desk and rest my head in my hands.

How am I going to tell him about Elizabeth? Most eligible men don't expect a twenty-four year old Victorian Goth woman to be the mother of a four year old child! And certainly not Angelo. Will he accept me? Will he still want to see me afterwards? I want to see him. I'm falling for him. Me, the Blood Baby, is falling for a human. Again. It's happened before, and it only ended in tragedy.

Then there's the bigger problem. How am I supposed to tell him about what I am? Will he even believe me? I don't know. Fuck my life.

There's a quiet rapping at my window. Oh, who this time? Megan? One of the Seasons? Sure enough, there's Spring. She's the friendly, shy sort, and is always trying to help others. Did she hear me? As if she' read my thoughts, she points to my phone which is laying next to my elbow, and mouths 'Angelo'. Then, she lets the wind carry her away, one piece at a time.

Should I? Yes. I pick up the phone and dial Ange's number. I'm scared. Will I even get a chance to tell him this month? He's in a band, he's going to have a busy schedule. He picks up before I can think anything else.

"Hey Anna! Is everything all right?"

"Yeah, um, when's the next time you're free?"

"Tomorrow, why?"

"I uh, I need to talk to you about something. Big."

"Um, okay. Do you want to come here to talk or...?"

"Would you please come to mine? It's better."

"See you."

"Bye."

"Love you babe."

"Love you too."

With that I hang up and stare at the wall. I'm doomed.

Before I go any further, let me explain to you what a blood baby is.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will continue this, give me until tomorrow. So what do you think? What is a Blood Baby? I want your ideas!!!