Status: On hold

Bells Ringing in the Summer Haze

Seventeen.

“Keep em closed,” Isaac whispered as his hands covered Nora’s eyes.

Her long mascara coated eyelashes fluttered against his palms. He smiled as he directed her body in the right walking direction.

“Okay, take a step, not a big step though.” She did as she was told and heard her shoe connect with wood.

“Are we on a dock?” She asked.

He stopped and looked around.

“Maybe?” He asked back. She giggled and he smiled. “Pretend to be surprised.” He whispered as they approached the big white boat.

Lights were strung everywhere, there wasn’t any sound, but Isaac knew everyone was hiding.

He led her onto the boat where the dark wood features led to an enclosed cabin.

“Surprise!” An entire group yelled as Isaac removed his hands. Nora jumped back into his body in surprise, but immediately smiled.

The music started up, and suddenly the engine roared to life, carrying the sleek white yacht out onto the open waters.

“I’m glad I decided to go over dressy,” Nora mumbled as she hugged Val. Val held her at arms length and grinned.

“You clean up nice, love that dress. I may have to steal it from you.”

The golden glittery dress had been sitting in Nora’s closet for months. She eyed it as she debated what to wear, and thought, ‘what the hell, it’s my birthday.”

The short fabric ended mid-thigh, and was strapless. It glimmered off the lights inside the cabin, and she ran her hand down the silky material. She wore her black ribbon heeled shoes, and put her long hair up into a low side bun.

She felt glamorous for a change.

“I didn’t get to tell you that you look so beautiful,” Isaac whispered.

She turned and smiled. He leaned down and gave her a small kiss. Smiling as he leaned back up.

“Aw, you two are so cute!” Valerie squealed before pulling her cousin further into the boat.

------

As the night led on, Nora lost track of Isaac. But they were on a moving boat, how much trouble could he get into.

She was talking with her mom and Val’s mom when he came up behind her. Susan, Nora’s mom smiled over Nora’s shoulder.

She turned and in turn smiled at Isaac.

“Do you mind if I steal the birthday girl for a few minutes?”

“Not at all!” Susan gushed. She grinned at her daughter and began to speak quietly to Dianna as the two walked away.

He held open the door for her, leading her to deck. She wrapped her arms around herself, until Isaac draped his suit jacket over her exposed shoulders.

“I wanted to give you your present alone,” He reached inside the jacket pocket and pulled out a black box. It was bigger than a ring box, but not too big.

“What is it?” Nora asked excitedly.

“Open it up and see babe,” he laughed.

She pulled off the white ribbon slowly, and then lifted the lid on the black velvet. Her mouth fell open and she smiled.

She pulled out a golden chain, and on the end was a small golden key. She took the whole piece of out of the box, and Isaac took the box.

“A key?” She asked as she marveled over the beautiful piece of jewelry.

“Yeah, you now have the key to my heart. I know it’s cheesy, but you once told me you liked cheesy.” He shrugged and she grinned.

Placing a hand on the back of his neck, she pulled him and down and kissed him.

“Thank you Isaac, I love it.” She turned and opened the clasp. Taking the hint, he grabbed the two ends and placed it around her delicate neck. Spinning back, he saw it fell just below her collarbone, and right above when her dress started.

“Perfect,” he whispered.

She placed her hand over it, and grinned. “I’ll wear it everyday.”

Unlocking Nora’s door, he laughed as Nora leaned against him.

“Come on princess, we’re home,” He leaned down and scooped her up. She smiled and leaned her head against the crook his neck. He felt her place a soft kiss on his skin.

“Thank you,” she whispered.

He kicked the door closed, leaned over and locked it, before heading up the stairs and to her bedroom.

“You’re staying right?” Nora asked clinging to Isaac’s neck. He tried to place her on the bed, but she wouldn’t let go.

“Nora, babe, let me take your shoes off,” she sighed and let go. He smiled at her before untying the ribbons; he placed her shoes on her hardwood. She sat up and pulled him down.

“Stay the night,” she whispered before kissing him softly.

“Yeah?” He asked as he slipped his jacket off. She began unbuttoning his dress shirt, undoing each button slowly.

“Yeah,” she nodded. She sat up on her knees and kissed his cheek, then his neck.

“Nora, what are you doing?” He held her out and arms length.

“What does it look like silly?” She said smiling.

“Are you sure, you drank a lot.”

She sat down on the mattress, “You don’t want to?” She asked with a pout.

“Oh God yes, of course I want to.” He said as he pushed hair away from her face, he tucked it behind her ear. “But I don’t want to have sex with you while you’re drunk, and then tomorrow you regret it.”

She looked at him and blinked. “I’ve thought about it, and I want to.” She whispered. He pushed her back lightly onto the mattress, and kissed her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as he slowly crawled over her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again it's a little short, but how'd you like that ending?

So I see I have some silent readers, honestly I love any type of criticism when it comes to my writing, so lay it on me. I really want to know what you readers think of this. This story is almost over and I have debating a sequel, but right now I'm leaning towards a no.