Status: On hold

Bells Ringing in the Summer Haze

Seven.

The wedding was two months away, and Nora’s store was on track to open in one. The store was painted a light yellow, with white window seats that faced the street in front of the store, the dressing room doors looked like they were gates leading to the garden, and the shelves were a light green.

The register was being delivered that week, and she was going to set up her office once she got some new employees.

Nora smiled as she looked around her creation was almost done. She had ordered clothes, with Val’s help, and the boxes were in the back, she had started receiving them, and today she needed to start hiring people.

“Hey, I came as fast as I could,” Val said as she plopped her red leather bag onto the table.

Nora shrugged, “It’s fine, how did choosing music go?”

“It’s good, we have the DJ set, we picked our song, and we told them the song for the bridal part to come into. And we got the pianist and violinist to start the march for when I enter.” Val smiled and sighed.

“I told you we’d figure it out. And tomorrow I am going to get favors and table numbers and I am meeting the girls to start them.”

“I mean, Isaac really did all the work.” Val said and was about to continue when Nora interrupted her.

“Isaac helped?”

“Well yeah, he knew the musicians we hired, and his friend is a DJ from school. So we also got awesome discounts.”

Nora nodded and took a drink of her coffee. “That’s good.”

“And Friday is the bachelorette party,” Val winked. Nora smiled and nodded.

“Right, but you don’t’ know all the details. And it better stay that way.”

“You know I hate surprises!” Nora grinned and turned towards the opening door. A short blonde hair teenager walked in, and smiled at the sight of Nora and Val.

“Hello, can I help you?” Nora asked walking over to the girl.

“I’m here to fill out an application.” The girl smiled and looked around. “I think you should just hire me though, and here’s why.”

-------

“So since I was thinking that we ordered a billion mason jars, we should use some for the gifts,” Brianna said as she carried a case into Nora’s apartment.

“I was thinking that too,” Nora mumbled before sipping her coffee. “What if we did like a snack thing, and had Val write up a thank you note. We could tie a ribbon around it with the note attached? Then place them all on a table near the front door, so people see them before they leave?”

Claire grinned. “I love that, what is their favorite snack?”

Rachel grinned at them. “S'mores, obviously. You know Val loves her chocolate.”

“We could totally do that,” The girls all nodded before grabbing their bags and heading out to the store.

------

“Can you move a little to the right?” Claire asked as she brought the Nikon up to her eye. She clicked the shutter, taking a few pictures. “Okay good, let’s go back towards the barn.”

Nora sat against her car and watched as Val and Brian looked at each and smiled. She found them looking at one another every few seconds, and felt herself smile.

Val choose a light green sundress that made her eyes pop. Her long blonde hair was wavy, and she was wearing her signature wedges. Brian was a tall guy, but with heels Val almost matched him. She didn’t care though, and he loved anything she wore.

His short brown hair stood out against the rustic red doors of the barn. He was leaning against the wall and she laughed at his joke. His hand hung inside his dark denim jeans while the other rested on her waist.

Nora loved watching how happy her cousin was, but she also felt the missing part of her life. She wanted to have someone to share moments like that with.

“Hey Nora can you grab me the fish eye lens?” Nora turned, went to the trunk of Claire’s car and grabbed the lens. “Thanks, you’re the best.”

“Anytime, these are great.”

The girls had come up with the idea to have Rachel take pictures of the two of them for the wedding tables. They were each holding different numbers.

Rachel looked at her and smiled. “Thanks,” brushing her hair away from her face. “How many tables are there?”

“Twenty-five.” Nora said as she watched them pick up the thirteen. “I was thinking you could take a couple extras in case they want to use some for a guestbook, then they can hang them in the new house.”

“Yeah, that’s awesome.”

-------

“We need to get the straws for the Mason jar cups, and I am getting the ribbon and paper for the favors, hold on there is a knock at the door.”

Nora put down the phone and went to her front door, looked through the peephole and unlocked it.

“Isaac,” she moved aside and watched as he carried a box inside. “What are those?”

“I have more jars, and there are a few boxes of straws outside in my car.”

“That was nice of you.”

“Val asked me to do it,” she pointed to the guest room in her apartment, where the rest of the reception things were.

“Oh yeah,” she said to him as he passed by.

She then went back to her phone and picked up. “Never mind on the straws, Isaac just got them. I’ll call you later about the photos.”

She put the phone down and watched as he carried the rest of the boxes inside. He wiped his hands along his shorts and looked at her.

Her white tee shirt was baggy, but it was her day off and she wanted to relax. She had cut offs on, and the frays from the denim tickled her skin.

“Alright well I’ll see you tonight right?” She asked him and watched as he nodded then headed towards the door.

“Isaac?” He stopped and turned. “Where’ve you been?” She felt self-conscious. He was watching her, his eyebrows raised.

“What do you mean?” He rubbed the back of his neck.

“I haven’t seen you in three weeks, and when we were planning the bachelor/bachelorette party you gave me one word answers.”

“We aren’t friends, remember?”

She gulped down a lot of air, and nodded. He turned and closed the door a little harder than necessary.

“How could I forget?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said there was Isaac in this one, and he is. BUT don't you worry there will be more next time. And I know it's not a happy chapter, but just wait and see :)

Thanks to Aubs for the really long and amazing comment :)

I encourage any comment, even if you are just telling me there is a spelling error.

And thanks to my subscribers!

I am going to post again soon, classes start up next week and I will be super busy so I am getting as much done as I can before then!