An Unchecked Love Story

Rules

In the morning, my mother made me breakfast, I had sunny-side-up eggs, toast, and bacon. My mother placed my dish in front of me, “There you go sweetie.”

“Thanks mom.”
“You’re welcome.” She said taking a seat in front of me, “So, Isabelle, I’m really glad your father and I don’t have to hide anything from you anymore.”
“Mhmm.” I said, not really knowing how to respond to her statement.
“I’m sorry that you can’t see Auden anymore either.” She added.
“Mom, you do know that Auden’s not a werewolf, right?”
“I guess, but his parents are, and we shouldn’t associate with our enemies.”
“Mom! Stop it! Stop saying ‘our’ and ‘we’! There is no ‘our’ and ‘we’! It’s you and dad. I don’t get why I can’t see Auden, he’s the only one that makes me happy and it’s sad how you guys will take away my happiness just ‘cause you two don’t get along with his parents! It’s just not fair.” I stopped myself, if I kept ranting about it, it’d only make me madder and the result would be me, bawling my eyes.
“Honey, stop, stop, stop. You don’t get it, do you?”
“No, mom, I really don’t.”
“Your father and I have rules to abide to.”
“And what exactly are those rules?”
“The rules say that we can’t let you see Auden.”
“Oh my God! Leave me alone! I’m sick of all this.” I said, leaving the table and running to my room.

I heard her call my name, but I just blocked her out like a cork.

I opened my door only to find my model-like boyfriend.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

His face looked very tense. Auden was in his pajamas and a white t-shirt, it looked like he just woke up. His hair was perfectly messy –he could still do a run way looking like that. He bent over and wrapped his arms around me. My head barely reaching his shoulder, I rested my head near his heart, hearing every beat clearly.

“I love you.” He whispered softly into my ear.
“I love you forever.” I replied.

He finally let go of me, after what seemed to be hours. It looked like tears were about to roll down his face.

“Isabelle…” He drifted off, his voice was breaking, “You mean the absolute world to me, you know that.”
“Of course I know that.” I said, still confused. I couldn’t make out what he was trying to say.
“I’m… moving.” He said, as tears dripped down his face.

I stared at him blankly; I didn’t know what to say. My eyes created waterfalls to match his.

“Come here.” He said, pulling me closer to him, soaking his white t-shirt.
“You can’t.” I managed to say. “You can’t…”
“I’m not moving till a couple of months. We have time to sort things out.”
“I don’t want you to go anywhere.”
“I’m not.” He said, running his hands up and down my back. “I’m staying right here.”
I pulled away from him, “What do you mean? You just said you were moving.”
“I am. Right now, I’m staying here with you. I’m not going to waste anytime I have to spend with you.”
“Auden, I don’t want it to be like this. I don’t want to keep trying to outrun the clock. It’s only going to set me up for disappointment. You’re moving; I’m not. You’re leaving; I’m staying. The more I spend time with you, the more I’m going to miss you when you’re away. I can’t do this.”

The words were running out of my mouth, trying to win a race. As well as my tears.

“Isabelle,” He said, putting my face in his palms, “You’re thinking too far ahead. Just stop, just stop and live in the moment. Stop living for the moment. Because that moment is never happening. What did I say earlier, when we discussed this?”
“Um, I can’t remember.” My mind was empty.
“I said, I could never keep myself away from you.” His words slowly appeared back into my memory. “And I intend to keep my word.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure where to go after this ...