Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel :)

One Hundred Sleepless Nights

And It's Good Enough To Make Me Wanna Fall In Love

Tony


I have been spending a lot of time with Cassie, mostly because she comes by the place everyday to see my mom but that gave me plenty of opportunity to hang out with her. Usually after she helped my mom bathe and eat she would hang out in the TV area and watch movies with me. She would bring microwave popcorns and I would supply the beers.

Today was no different, it was around 4 in the afternoon and we were sitting on the couch closely while watching Bride Wars, keep in mind that this was her choice, not mine.

“Ugh, are people usually this crazy when planning their weddings? I’m so not going to be involved in any of this” Cassie said with annoyance after the movie finished.

“Why are we even watching this?” I chuckled; Cassie had brought this DVD and begged me to play this.

“Because I love Kate Hudson and I don’t hate this movie, I think its pretty funny. It’s just… This movie makes me really scared of Brides,” She laughed and her body shook under my arm.

“I could picture you in a wedding dress, I think you would look beautiful” I said without thinking and immediately regretting it when I felt her body tensed up.

“Nah, I don’t think I’ll ever be in a wedding dress. At least not anytime soon” She wiggles her body out of my arm and walked towards the DVD player. She took out Bride Wars and put in Prometheus.

Halfway through the movie, I heard my mom call out Cassie’s name. She was about to get up and go to her but I pulled her back and she fell on the couch.

“I’ll do it, you just stay here”

I stood up and walked to my mom’s room, it turns out she was bored and wants to watch the movie with us. I pushed her out of her room and to the TV room, I saw Cassie sitting cross-legged with the bowl of popcorn on her lap. She turned her head when she heard the sound of the chair rolling and smiled wide.

“Hey Mrs. P, come and join us!” She waved her hands excitedly

“Hey Cassie, would you be a dear and get me some orange juice? And maybe some cookies from the cabinet?”

“Sure! You can change the movie too if you want, I know you don’t like sci-fi and all that stuff” She grinned and walked towards the kitchen.

I picked up my mom and placed her on the couch and offered her a blanket, she got herself confortable and I sat down next to her.

“Tony”

I turned around and saw her looking at me with a worried face. “What’s wrong ma?”

She shook her head. “Nothing, baby. I’m just… You know you’re getting old right?”

I laughed, “Yes, I’m aware of that mom. What do you mean by that?”

“It’s just, with you touring all the time when are you going to have time to find someone? You’ve been single for quite some time and I don’t want you to grow old alone”

I sighed; I hate it when my mom brought up this kind of stuff. She’s saying it as if I choose to be this way but I don’t. I just happen to be single and it just happens that I haven’t found anyone.

“I realize that mom, it’s just with the band stuff I really don’t have the time to be in a relationship. You know what happened with Stephanie right? I don’t want that to happen again, I’ll find someone when its time” I took her hand and gave it a little squeeze, trying to assure her.

“Why don’t you just go out with Cassie? You guys are basically together, you see each other everyday and she’s a great girl. Where else would you find someone who is willing to drop everything and move to San Diego for her sister? And someone who is willing to take care of an old fart like me?”

I froze.

I know from the hints that she dropped a few times that she wanted me to get together with Cassie, it took me by surprise that she would actually be this blunt about the whole thing.

“Cassie is my best friend mom, I would never thought of it that way”

“But you guys are basically in love with one another, I see the way you look at her Tony. It’s not something that you give to random people”

I froze again, this time not because of what my mom had said, but because Cassie was standing behind her, wide-eyed and pale-faced.

“Here you go Mrs. P” She handed my mom a plate of chocolate chip cookies and placed a glass of orange juice on the table beside her, completely avoiding eye contact with me.

“Thank you dear”

I had my gaze fixed on Cassie, but not once she looked over my way. She plopped herself down on the couch, resume the movie and continue watching like nothing happened.

***


Cassandra


I sighed as I wiped the kitchen counter clean. I had just finished washing the dishes at Tony’s place and now preparing Mrs. P’s lunch and medicine. The last time I saw Tony was two days ago when we had the movie marathon.

Well maybe it is my fault since I completely ignored Tony right after what Mrs. Perry had said, it just kind of threw me off for a bit. I mean, I get that a lot from other people, especially Jaime and Kristin, but I never thought that his own mom would notice it as well.

I checked the clock, it was 2 PM. Tony was gone when I got here to make breakfast and all that stuff, not that I’m upset or anything, its just he would usually text me to let me know where he’s going. I feel like I might have messed things up by ignoring Tony, but would it be awkward for me to just come up to him and talk about it all?

“Hey Cassie! Are you there?” I snapped back to reality when I heard Jaime’s voice outside the door. I quickly walked towards the front door and smiled in delight when I opened the door and saw my sister and Jaime standing there with a six-pack and some Cheetos.

“Hey! What are you guys doing here? Come in, come in” I opened the door wide and they all walked to the TV room.

“I miss you cause we haven’t been hanging out much and Avela here wants to borrow something from Tony” Jaime said as he set down the six-pack on the table.
“Well Tony is currently out so you guys can hangout here if you want” Avela and Jaime took a seat; I was about to when I heard Mrs. Perry calling my name.

“Hey Cass, let me do it. You just hang here” Avela stood up and I smiled at her, I am pretty exhausted after cleaning and cooking.

“So, how’s it going with the Tone – Bone?” Jaime opened a bottle and sat back, smirking at me.

“Why is your first instinct to ask me that? Is it really that obvious?”

Jaime shrugged and chuckled. “So? What’s up with the both of you?”

I sighed. “It’s weird… Especially since two days ago”

Apart from Kristin and Tony, Jaime is the only person I’m comfortable talking to about my problems, especially Tony problems. Ever since my move here to San Diego, Jaime was always there to hear me out when I’m feeling something that I can’t say to Tony or when Kristin was too busy. A lot of people are saying that I should get together with Tony and stuff, but only Jaime knows the truth.

The real truth about my feelings towards Tony.

He sat up, his eyebrows raised. “What happened two days ago? You guys didn’t… Ya know?” He wiggles his eyebrows when he said the last part of the sentence.

“What? NO! No! Nothing happened, nothing like that. A couple of days ago I was here with Tony having our usual movie marathon and Mrs. P decided to join us…” I told him everything; about what Mrs. P had said, about me hearing everything and about the way I acted afterwards.

“Hm… Look, I don’t really know what’s going on with him but if it will make you feel better, I’ll talk to him about it. Is that cool?”

“What are you going to say? Don’t make this any awkward than it already is Hime”

“No! Oh God woman, do you think this is my first time? Relax, I’ll try and fix all this thing between you and lover boy” He winked.

“Fine, thanks Hime”

Hell, now I’m more nervous than ever. A part of me is still denying the fact that I have feelings towards Tony but another part of me is sure that I’m in love with that precious little turtle. I’m just scared that all I’m going to get in the end is another disappointment and heartbreak.

Cause I can’t take another disappointment
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiiiiiiiii all you wonderful people!! Sorry for not updating for like... A week or so, I've just been really swamped with college stuff. Plus, my boyfriend is being a class-A prick so my mind is very much occupied.

I know that this story is too... Sweet and cheesy... But I swear drama is coming soon! So please bear with me guys. And to all my fellow silent readers, PLEAASEEE GIVE COMMENTS! Cause comments make me happy and happy me = faster updates hohoho. Oh! And recommendations too! :D