Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel :)

One Hundred Sleepless Nights

You're My Kryptonite

Cassandra


“Seriously, I don’t want to stay here longer than 30 minutes. Is that a deal?”

Today, for the first time ever, Tony decided to come with me to the grocery store and help me prepare tonight’s dinner. I really have to thank Jaime for talking to Tony, ever since the talk I had with him a few days ago Tony has really come around. Yesterday he picked me up from the office and took me out for lunch, he also have been spending more time at home with his mom so I don’t have to go there every day to take care of her.

Tonight all the guys are going to come over with their girlfriends for dinner, it’s nothing special or festive, it’s just what the guys do after a long tour. The last time they had a post–tour dinner was at Vic’s and Rachel did all the cooking, this time it’s Tony’s turn to host the dinner and of course, the feast will be made by yours truly.

“30 minutes? Are you kidding me? Clearly you’ve never shop for a dinner party” I rolled my eyes and continue pushing the cart through the isles.

“I hate grocery shopping, there’s too many things to choose from it’s horrifying and don’t you tell me to get something alone, this place is fucking huge and I don’t wanna lose you here”

I laughed and shook my head, he grabbed my waist and we both continue browsing the racks. I can’t help myself for being nervous around Tony, especially now when he’s being really close to me like this. I can smell the faint scent of cigarettes and cologne on his black OBEY shirt, and for some reason he looks more attractive than he usually is (as if that’s even remotely possible).

“Hello? Earth to Cassie” I snapped back to reality when I saw Tony waving his hand in front of my face impatiently.

“What?”

“I asked you, do we need more barbeque sauce or not. Stop spacing out or we’ll take forever to finish this”

“Yeah sorry, I was thinking about something. Get two bottles of that Kraft sauce, I’m gonna get the cheese dip”

I turned to the cheese section, I closed my eyes and I sighed. This is not healthy, he is making me stupid and I hate it when this happens. I hate that he has that power over me, it’s like… He’s my kryptonite.

“What else do we need?” I turned back to the cart after grabbing a couple jars of cheese dip.

“We’re going to get some chicken and then we’ll get more beers,” I said as I cross out the list I brought.

“Fuck yeah! Now that’s what I’m talking about” Tony shouted, a little too loud, and punched the air.

I shook my head and smiled, he is so fucking adorable it’s ridiculous.

***


“Can you please turn down that music and help me with the oven?” I peeked over to the living room and saw Tony bobbing his head to Wiz Khalifa, he turned his head to me and grinned.

He skipped his way to the kitchen. “What’s wrong with the oven?”

“I can’t turn it on and I only have 2 hours to cook this damn chicken, can you fix it or something?”

“Sure, anything for you” He pinched my cheek and squatted down to check the oven.

“Why are you so… Happy? It’s creepy”

“I just am” He smiled and he stood up, flicking the switch to the oven and sparked the fire. “There! It’s fixed, I’m going to take a shower, just yell if you need help” I nodded and continue focusing on marinating the chicken.

About one and a half hour later, Vic and Rachel came with a bottle of wine. Vic went to the backyard to chat with Tony and Rachel joined me in the kitchen. By 8 PM, all the guys were there with their girlfriends or wives. Even Casey and Dave from the crew were there with their wives to join the dinner.

“Dinner is ready!” I shouted as I come out from the kitchen, with a hot barbequed oven-grilled chicken cradled on my arm.

Literally every single person there rushed to the dining table and gather around to see the food I’ve set up on the table. I made the chicken as the main course with potatoes, pasta and rise as side dishes; I also made a blue velvet cake for dessert.

The dinner went absolutely perfect, it was fun, and the food was (I gotta say) really successful. Everybody’s plates were clean and shockingly there were no leftovers!

“Thank you for this awesome dinner Tone, the food was incredible! Ugh, I’m so full I think y’all need a crane to lift me back home” Dave rubbed his belly and everybody burst into laughter, including me.

“Don’t thank me, thank this amazing girl right here. Without her, we would all be eating Chinese take-outs and having fortune cookies for dessert” Tony grabbed my arm and gave it a squeeze.

“Well, thank you Cassie for being an amazing cook. Probably one of the best dinners I’ve had in a while” Casey raised his glass and soon everybody followed, my face was bright red by now.

“Naw, stop it! It’s nothing really, I had fun setting up all this” I waved them off

“Alright, now the dinner is done, LET’S DRINK!” Jaime clapped his hand soon everybody dispersed from the table and they all went to the backyard, except for Tony and I.

“Why don’t you go out back? I’m just going to clean up the table and I’ll be right there” I said as I stood up, collecting all the plates.

“No, no. You cook, I’ll clean. Okay?”

I smiled, nodded and went out back to have drinks with the rest of the gang. Jaime and Avela kept giving me looks and smiles, so did Rachel and Frenchi. I sat on the pool chairs listening to the guys swapping stories and telling us girls all about the tour.

“…I swear! Tony was so drunk he literally fell facedown from his bunk” Jaime was telling the girls about their show in Atlanta during their day off and Tony got hammered drunk. I know exactly how bad it was because he drunk-dialed me a couple of times at 2 in the morning.

“Hey, speaking of Tony, where is he Cass?” Vic asked and everybody’s head turned towards my direction.

“I don’t know, he’s in the kitchen maybe. I’ll go check on him” I put down my beer and head over to the kitchen, completely ignoring the catcalls the guys are doing.

I spotted Tony in the kitchen with his arm shoved down his pocket, he was on the phone with someone and he was smiling. I crept up behind him, wanting to spook him.

“Yeah, well we’ve been hanging out for quite a long time now” He said to the guy on the phone.

Who was he talking about?

“Oh, she’s gorgeous man. I think I’m going to ask her out soon”

My mouth was gaping wide. Right then and there, if I didn’t have my grip on something I would have fallen over and died on the spot.

Was he talking about me? Is he going to ask me out?

I staggered back to the backyard and threw myself onto the pool chair; I was staring blankly into space, still trying to process what I just heard. My heart was beating hard against my ribcage and I’m pretty sure soon I’m going to need a heart transplant. I was breathing slowly to slow down my heartbeat before I really pass out.

“Hey, you okay? You don’t look so good” I felt a tap on my shoulder, I looked up and I saw Tony looking down on me with a worried look on his face.

Fuck you Tony!

“I’m fine, don’t worry. Just a bit lightheaded”

He nodded and took a seat on my chair, pulling me close and leaned back. Jaime was winking to me and I closed my eyes.

“Hey Cass, can I ask you something?” Tony spoke softly next to me

As if it was possible, my heart started to beat even faster.

“Sure”

“Let’s say a guy asks you out, what would you want the date to be?”

Holy mother of God, now I’m getting sweaty. Literally.

“Well, I don’t really like those fancy restaurants and stuff, so I think I would love to go to the beach or stuff like that, or you can never go wrong with Disneyland” We both laughed at my answer.

“Do you think flowers are cheesy?”

“No! Not at all, it’s a classic move! Any girl would love to get flowers”

“Are you sure? You’re not being sarcastic or anything right?”

I laughed. “No! For real, girls love flowers, well… At least I do”

“What’s your favorite flower then?”

“I love white roses, there’s just something about it that’s so pure”

He didn’t say anything after that, he just nodded and smiled.

“Why are you asking me all these questions?”

“Nothing, I was just wondering” He winked and swung his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close.

Oh this is going to keep me awake all night
♠ ♠ ♠
MIBBA IS FUCKING UP! I posted this chapter 3 minutes ago and it just disappeared, so I'm posting this again...

Sorry if the chapters are a bit dragging, I'm not in the best mood to write but I just want to get this chapter out as soon as possible!

If you guys have any suggestions or critics, please feel free to leave comments! And I do insist... *evil smirk* but other than that, enjoy lovelies!

Oh! Don't you just love this picture of Tony???? He looks like he haven't shaved :3 Me likey~

Image