Status: Feedback makes me update faster!

Passenger Seat

Girl please come back from the place that you hide

I had fallen in love with Los Angeles.

After we all had a big breakfast with the lads. They were off to interviews and promo, while the girls and I went sightseeing.

I had been in every record store we passed and had bought way too many for Blue and my collection. Speaking of, I had called my lovely best friend as we were out and I was feeling a bit homesick. I wanted her here with me. So to make up for my unnecessary guilt I had, I had bought her a bunch of stuff!

Danielle and Eleanor dragged me into so many hip clothing stores, it was mental. They insisted I try things on and even convinced me to buy a few things. Things that I’d wear eventually I guessed; a few tanktops and a long flowy skirt.

Spending the day with them was so much fun. Well, aside from being gawked at my One Direction fans. It was so weird that they got this noticed for who they were dating. “They’re recognizing you two love,” Dani said once I’d voiced my thoughts. That shocked me, but really that should have already occurred to me.

As the sun was setting we managed to make our way to the beach to see a ‘true California sunset’ on the beach. It was beautiful. I was so happy to be here, in California, with these lovely ladies, but again, I got the pang of homesickness and wishing Blue and aunt Jenny were with me. Maybe we could all take a trip here someday?

Niall called while we were sitting in the sand, “Where are you?” his tone was light and airy, like he was tired.

“At the beach watching the sunset,” I bit my lip, “I think I’m in love with this city.”

I heard his smile in his voice, “I felt like that my first time too. Something about this place.”

“The sunset is beautiful.”

“Not as beautiful as you,” he argued.

I laughed, “Cheesy.”

“That I am. Are you coming back soon? I wanna get dinner before we have to go to this party.”

“Yeah, we’re leaving in a few minutes.”

“Okay. Be safe, yeah? I love you.”

“I love you too Nialler.”

*****

The party was boring. It was pretty much one big press promo. Dani, El and I spend most of the night alone at a table, drinking virgin cocktails (well El and I did, Dani was lucky enough to be of age in America. Twat) and people watching the celebrities we saw.

Other than that, not much happened. Well, aside from Harry having a laugh with Taylor Swift.

“Uh oh,” El had said, “She’s going to write a song about this.”

”What is he doing? He and Kota just broke up!” Dani added.

We watched as Taylor flirted shamelessly with him- arm grazes and all, and laughing at everything that came out of his mouth. “It’s like watching an American tellie show,” I said, “She’s the stereotypical girl at a party.”

“Do we get a veto on this? I think we have a right to tell him not to go for it,” Eleanor said, not taking her eyes off the two.

Dani waved off her comment, “Not like he’d listen. I bet he sleeps with her.”

“Wait, this could get interesting,” Eleanor smiled, “I bet she latches on like a leech. Not many Americans can resist the accent and Harry’s got dimples. That ups the appeal.”

I looked between the two girls, “Are you really betting on this?”

They nodded, “Of course. Why not have a little fun with this possible train wreck?” El argued.

“Hey now,” Dani interjected, “Let’s not get catty just because we’re team Dakota.”

El scoffed, “It’s Taylor Swift, even if they date, which I hope to god they don’t, it’ll last a month tops.”

“Is that your bet then?” Dani smiled.

She nodded, “Yes. I bet, that if they date, it only lasts a month.”

“You’re on. I vote he just sleeps with her,” Dani said turning back to look at Harry and Taylor. Her hand was on his arm again.

“What about you Ayden? Want in?”

I shook my head, “No, I think I’ll sit this one out.”

They both shrugged, “That’s fine,” El said, “You can make sure one of us gets our money.”

“Shouldn’t you have ground rules or something?” I asked, “Like the bet doesn’t start until they start dating? Or are we starting from this moment?”

Danielle smiled at me, “Oh, you’re good. Okay, bet officially starts as soon as they date or she latches on.” She turned to El, “I bet you 20 pounds that Harry just sleeps with her before he gets tired of her.”

“Deal,” Eleanor smiled, “20 pounds say he puts up with her for a month.”

After that the party just seemed to drag on. When the boys decided to call it a night we were ecstatic!

When I woke up the next morning, I turned in Niall’s arms to see he was already awake, staring up at the ceiling. “Morning,” he said as I turned.

“Morning. Excited about tonight?”

He smiled massively at me before kissing my cheek, “Unbelievably!”

I giggled, “So am I. I can’t wait to see you lot perform. It’s my first time.”

“Ah, poppin your cherry at the VMA’s.”

I nudged him, “You had too didn’t you?”

“Yep.”

The day flew by with nerves and excitement from everyone. We milled around our hotel rooms, the boys going off for a few hours in the morning to do sound check for their performance while Danielle and Eleanor and I hang out at the hotel and just getting mentally ready for the VMA’s tonight.

We took over Liam and Danielle’s room to get ready that night.

“Ayd, you look so cute in that dress!” Dani gushed.

I bit my lip out of nerves glancing down at my dress, “Thanks. Kota insisted I buy it.”

“Well you need to thank her, because you look amazing,” El said as she finished up her hair.

They both looked amazing. Dani was in the floor length black dress that hung her curves in all the right places. Her hair was big and beautiful, making me jealous again of her curls. El was wearing this short gold dress that was skin tight, and made me wish I had her body and fashion sense.

“Not that I don’t love the pink converse you’re wearing,” Eleanor said walking out of the bathroom, looking down at my feet, “but are you sure you don’t wanna borrow some heels? I brought an extra pair, and we’re about the same size.”

I shook my head, “No thanks. Heels are just not my thing. I suck at walking in them.”

“Practice love,” Dani sang, “Practice.”

“Says the one that dances in them,” I shot with a smirk.

She laughed, “Again, practice!”

After last minute checks in the mirror, we exited the hotel room and walked down the hall to the hotel suit the boys had for radio interviews, and to get ready where Lou had set up her makeup and hair stations… they pretty much booked this whole floor with all the crew and stuff.

When we walked in, Zayn was in a chair as Lou worked on his hair, and the other boys were around in different stages of dress. When Niall and I locked eyes, everyone else in the room was lost on me. He was dressed, in black jeans, and a white button up with a read jumper over it.

When he saw me he instantly started making his way to me, “Whoa,” he breathed as he placed his hands on my waist.

“Is that a good ‘whoa’?” I smirked.

“Definitely,” he smiled, “You look amazing.”

I placed my hands on his shoulders, “Thank you. You look pretty fit yourself.”

He smirked before he leaned in, placing a kiss on my lips. When he pulled away he made a face, “Lip gloss,” he moaned as he whipped at his lips.

“You’re lucky it wasn’t lipstick,” I laughed, “I contemplated that.”

“Lipstick isn’t gooey!”

“Depends on the brand,” El said as she walked passed us.

Paul walked into the room then, “Alright everyone. When we get to the venue, you guys are going to be dropped at the front, to do the red carpet,” he said to all of One Direction. “And you ladies, are going to be dropped at the door, where you’ll be ushered to your seats.”

Niall pulled me against him more, “Sucks you can’t sit with us.”

I kissed his cheek, “Us unimportant people don’t get extravagant entrances, or good seats.”

He rolled his eyes, “You’re important to me,” he whined.

“Thanks babe.”

Once Lou was sure the boys looked their very best, we were ushered down into the limo and were off to the VMA’s.

“What after party are we going too?” Louis said as soon as the limo started to move.

Liam shrugged, “We have a few options.”

“I vote we go to one where we can drink,” Niall said.

“Of course that’s your vote,” Harry said, nudging my boyfriends shoulder.

“Like you don’t want to drink tonight!” he argued.

Harry shrugged, “Never said I didn’t.”

*****

When we got to the venue, we said goodbye to the boys as they got dropped off on the red carpet. We were driven around to the side and were escorted to our seats.

“Hey, these aren’t so bad,” Eleanor said as we took our seats. We were in the first row of the second level. We could see down to where all the celebrities were sitting/going to be sat.

We spend the next hour just chatting and killing time. I took some pictures of the stage and texted them to Blue. I really wished she was here with me.

“Hey, let’s take a picture!” El said. She pulled out her iPhone and held it out in front of her as Dani and I leaned into her sides. “Aw, this is a great picture,” she said as she viewed it, “I’m tweeting it!”

“You and twitter,” I scoffed with smirk.

“Hey,” she defended, “The fans already talk shit, might as well rub it in sometimes.” Her comment caused meand Dani to laugh.

“Oh look! There are the lads!” Eleanor pointed excitedly. Sure enough there they were, walking down the aisle to their seats. Louis spotted us and started waving obnoxiously. That got the other guys attention and they too waved at us, which we returned the gesture.

“I hope they start soon,” El sighed as the lads sat down, “Getting bored.”

I nodded and looked around at all the people that came in. There were a lot of people I recognized; Adele, Chris Brown (sigh), The Wanted, The Kardashians, Fun., Blink 182 was even in attendance, which I was most excited to notice. I saw Alex and Jack from All Time Low, they were sitting a few rows behind us, I waved as they made their way past us. I loved that some of the bands I had met through You Me At Six were here. I wanted nothing more than to have all of them take over the industry, but I think that was more of a pipe dream really. I felt slightly guilty thinking that. Mostly because I was dating a boy band member…

“Ah, I was wondering when Demi Lovato would b-line it for the lads,” Dani said in a flat tone. I turned my attention down to where One Direction was. They were all standing around the pop star, greeting and laughing with her. Her interaction with Niall did not go unnoticed.

It wasn’t because I was jealous, it really wasn’t. But seeing her lean in to talk to my boyfriend, with her arm around him rubbed, me the wrong way. That, and the way he was looking at her. I felt sick.

I felt a hand on my arm and turned to see El and Dani giving me sympathetic looks, “You’ve got nothing to worry about, yeah?”

I sighed and nodded, turning back to Niall. I watched him lean in and whisper something in her ear, causing her to laugh. His arm was around her waist too. It hurt, but I didn’t want it too.

I dragged my gaze from them and caught Harry’s eye. His face looked sympathetic too, which slightly irritated me. I didn’t want anyone’s sympathy, I shouldn’t need it. He nodded in my direction before he walked around the group and stopped my Niall and Demi, squeezing his way between them. As much as his look had irritated me, I wanted nothing more than to hug him right now.

“Can always count on Hazza,” Dani said smiling over at me.

*****

The award show was entertaining. The boys put on an amazing performance, and they won 2 moon men!

I had decided, during the show, that I was just going to forget about the Demi thing. I was probably seeing things anyways, and there was no reason to be annoyed.

At the end of the show we walked down and met the lads in the aisle as we made our way out, “Congrats guys!” we cheered. I hugged all the guys before Niall pulled me into him.

“Did you enjoy the show?”

He and Demi flashed in my mind, but I shoved it away, “I did. You smashed your performance. It was mental!” He laced his hand with mine as we made it out to the limbo.

“So where we headed?” Dani asked.

“Justin Bieber invited us to his after party,” Zayn said. “A bunch of people are gonna be there. And we can drink!”

I suppressed a groan. I’m sure Justin was a nice lad, I just couldn’t stand his music, and he came off as a little shit in the press. But I shouldn’t judge. That’s what I kept saying in my mind over and over again on our way to his party.

“Let’s start now!” Louis said as he pulled out a bottle of champagne from the limo’s ice chest.

We went through 3 bottles before we made it to the Biebs. Well Louis, Niall and Zayn had most of it. The rest of us had only 2 glasses. Except Liam, who had one like the good little lad he is.

When we got to the massive house, there were lots of people already there. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot! Niall, Zayn and Louis were already on their way to drunk as soon as we stepped out of the limo.

We walked in and Taylor Swift was instantly at Harry’s side, dragging him off. Dani and El exchanged smirks before giggling.

*****

The amount of people in this house was mental. I’ve seen way too many of young Hollywood to last me awhile. I met Singer from The Cab thanks to Zayn, as well as Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. And I’ll be honest, Justin wasn’t a total twat, but I don’t think I’ll be going out of my way to hang out with him. After that though, I got separated from Niall when he went off to get drinks, and never made it back. Then got separated from everyone else when I went to find the bathroom. I had been walking around this place for an hour trying to find someone I knew.

I saw Harry and Taylor swift up in one of the upstairs living rooms chatting it up. I didn’t bother going over too them, did not want to get involved.

“Ayden!” I heard someone call. I turned to see Louis and El waving me over, “Do a shot with us!” he said thrusting a shot glass into my hand. I cheered with them before throwing it back. The burn of vodka made it down my throat.

“Have you seen anyone else? I can’t find Niall.”

They both shook their head, “No, we haven’t seen anyone since we all got separated,” El said, “This house is packed!”

I nodded, “I know it’s almost too crowded.”

Louis threw his arm around my shoulder, “Relax Ayd. Have a drink, enjoy the night. Celebrate!” Oh, he was so drunk, it was adorable.

I laughed as I ducked from under his arm and pushed him to lean back on his bird, “I’ll do that. Just as soon as I find my boyfriend.”

“Ah young love. You and Nialler are so cute,” Louis hiccupped.

I rolled my eyes, “Thanks. I’ll see you lot later.”

I started making my way through the crowd again keeping an eye out for any blonde, Irish lad. I was looking over some heads when I walked into someone. I jumped back right before their drink could spill on me. “I’m so sorry! I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

“’S’all right love,” said an English accent. I glanced up and Jay from The Wanted was smiling curiously at me, “Wait, you’re Niall Horan bird yeah?”

I nodded, “Ayden. And you’re Jay from The Wanted.”

“Ah, I see my reputation perceives me,” he smirks.

“Hardly,” I laughed, “I have your album.”

He looked at me surprised, “A One Direction girlfriend has a Wanted album? Blasphemy!”

I smirked, “I just love my boy bands. I refuse to take sides!”

Somehow, I spent a good 20 minutes talking to Jay. He was a real proper lad, and easy to talk too. He told me about him and vise versa. It was refreshing after hearing mostly negative things from One Direction. Boy band feuds. Please.

“So, you staying with them the rest of the week?”

I shook my head, “No, I’ve got work to get back to, I leave early Tuesday morning. Tomorrow’s my last full day here”

“Right. The real world you live in,” he sighed.

I rolled my eyes, “We can’t all be international pop stars. Speaking of, have you seen Niall anywhere?”

“Ummm I think I remember seeing him in the backyard about a half hour ago. He may still be there.”

“Thanks. I should continue on my search to find him.”

He nodded, “Well it was nice meeting you Ayden.”

“You too Jay. Have a nice rest of your night.”

“Give Niall my best.”

I waved as I made my way past him to get to the backyard. There were tons of people out in the backyard too. The deck and pool were flooded with bodies, some people I recognized from pop culture. It was weird being at a party full of A-listers. Talk about not fitting in.

I finally spotted Niall as I made my way further into the massive back year. My heart stopped when I saw him. Of course he was with Demi, because that was the kind of night I was having. There were sharing a pool chair. Yes, sharing a fucking pool chair. Granted they were both just sitting on the long leg rest, but still, were there no other chairs she could sit on? And did they have to sit that close?

I was livid. I hadn’t seen him for like, two hours and he was off with her? I was officially done with this party. I needed to get out of here.

I whipped around and started making my way through the crowd to get back in the house. I needed to get out of the house and call a cab or something.

As I was shoving my way through the living room, someone caught my arm, “Ayden, where are you going?” It was Harry. Without Taylor Swift surprisingly.

“Back to the hotel.”

He looked at me confused, “Alone? Where’s Niall?”

“With Demi,” I scoffed. His face instantly fell into sympathy, “Don’t do that,” I snapped. I pulled out of his grasp and made my way out of the house.

“Wait,” He called, following after me, “I’ll come with you.”

I pulled my phone out to call information for a cab, “You don’t have too, I can handle getting back myself,” I said over my shoulder.

“Who are you calling?”

“A cab,” I snapped. I got connected to a cab and gave them the address to the Biebs’ gated community.

“We could take the limo you know,” I heard from behind me.

I sighed, turning around, “Go back to the party Harry, I don’t need a babysitter.”

“I never said you did. Doesn’t mean I’m not going back with you.”

I groaned, “Why’d your mother raise you right?”

“Ask her about that,” he shrugged. “But as I said before, we can take the limo, it’ll come back for the others.”

“Are you afraid of public transportation Styles? Are you too good for a taxi?”

“No, I was just saying.”

I crossed my arms over my chest and turned back to the driveway, “Well I’m taking a cab. You can come if you want,” I said as I started walking down the long driveway to make my way out of this expensive gated community. I could hear Harry following close behind me but I didn’t bother acknowledging him.

When we got to the entrance gate I went to step outside the gate but he stopped me, “Oi, you’re just going to walk out on some random street in Los Angeles?”

I scoffed at his ridiculous, “Relax Haz. We’re in a rich suburb of LA, I think we’ll survive stepping outside the gate. The cab will be here in a few minutes anyway.”

He sighed but followed me through the gate. I kept my arms crossed because I was freezing in this dress. Reason number 556 of why I hate wearing dresses- not enough coverage. “Here,” he said. I looked over and he was shrugging off his blazer.

He dropped it over my shoulders. For a second I thought about protesting, but I was cold and the jacket was helping to warm me up a bit so I just gave him a small smile in thanks. “So, why are we leaving exactly?”

I sighed, looking down the road, “Well I don’t know why you’re leaving, but I’m leaving because I haven’t seen my boyfriend since we got to this party because he’s been off with his ex, or whatever she is, and I wasn’t having much fun by myself.”

Harry was silent for a moment, “You don’t have to worry about-”

“I know what I saw Harry,” I snapped. “I saw the way he looked at her at the VMA’s. And how close they were in that backyard. You didn’t see it.”

He was going to say something, but right then the taxi pulled up. We jumped into the backseat, spouting off the hotel address before he talked again, “I don’t know what you think you saw, or even if you did see something, I was there at the award show, and I can tell you right now, that even if he did look at her a certain way, it wasn’t anything like the way he looks at you.” I didn’t know what to say to that so I just stayed quiet. When he realized I wasn’t going to say anything, he continued, “Niall is so in love with you Ayden. I’m not saying he’s not being a huge twat right now, but he does. Just remember that when you yell at him later, yeah?”

I sighed, “Alright.” I glanced at him and he was staring off out the window, “Can I ask you something?”

He turned to me, “Of course.”

I bit my lip as I tried to figure out how to word my thoughts, “What were Dami and Niall? He’s only mentioned her once and didn’t say much. Other than that, I’ll I know is what I’ve seen online.”

Harry ran his hand through his hair shrugging, “I think they hooked up a few times. But it was only a handful of times, other than that there wasn’t much. I know he really liked her, but she was always jerking him around.” He shrugged again, “One day he just decided he was over it. Then a few months later you two started hanging out.”

I nodded, “I’m not jealous, you know? I don’t care if they’re still friends. I’m just bothered with the way he reacts around her. And ditching me at a party is not cool. I’d never do that to him.”

“I understand. I don’t like that he did that to you either. Just, get a good yell in, then work though it. Something like this isn’t worth ruining the greatness that you two have.”

I blushed at his words, “Thanks Harry.”

When we pulled up to the hotel, there were fans waiting outside. Not many, about 10. The diehard ones that will wait out in the cold at 2am, “I’ll meet you at the lifts,” Harry sighed.

I got out of the cab after him, as the fans swarmed around him. A few tried getting my attention, and asked where Niall was, I just smiled politely and made my way into the hotel. As I waited for harry to finish up with the fans, I made some hot chocolate at the little coffee stand by the lifts.

After about 15 minutes Harry came through the door, the fans still watching him through the glass, “Didn’t take too long.”

He smiled cheekily at me, “I’m a pro Ayd.”

We walked into the lift and stood in silence on our way up to the floor. “So,” I said after a moment, “What’s going on with Taylor Swift?”

He huffed out a laugh, “I was waiting for you to bring that up.” He shook his head, “Nothing. We’re just mates I guess.”

“You guess?” I smirked.

He shrugged, the smile slowly melting off his face, “Kota and I just broke up, I’m not jumping into anything right now.”

I nodded, “Do what you want pop star, it’s your life.”

He rolled his eyes at me, but there was a hint of a smile, “You don’t really mean that. I know you, Dani and El were watching me at that party last night. You’re on Kota’s side, I get it.”

“I’m not on anyone’s side Haz,” I said as the lift doors opened and we walked out into the hallway, “I want you both happy. Whichever way that is.”

“Thanks.”

I shrugged, “Don’t mentioned it. I’ll see you tomorrow yeah?” I said as I got to the door of the room I was sharing with Niall. I pulled off Harry’s blazer and handed it back to him, “Sweet dreams princess.”

He scoffed, “You’re such a twat.”

I smirked, “Always.” I walked into the empty hotel room and my negative mood returned. I wanted nothing more than to be home so I could go for a drive, or blast music, anything.

But no, I was stuck in this hotel room. All I had was and iPod, but I guess it was better than nothing.

*****

Niall came in at 3:34am, exactly. I knew because I was still awake, listening to music on my iPod. He came in looking right angry, and I could tell he was drunk.

He yelled something but I couldn’t hear until I took my ear buds out, “Why the fuck did you leave? And not tell me?”

I rolled my eyes as I wrapped my ear buds around my iPod, “When did you notice I left? When you were about to leave?” He didn’t say anything, “That’s what I thought.”

“What the fuck is wrong with you? You’re acting like a bitch!”

I sighed, “You need to calm down, first of all, and stop yelling at me. Second, you ditched me as soon as we got to the party so I didn’t think you’d care if I left.”

“That’s bullshit, I didn’t ditch you!”

“Yes you did!” I argued back. “You went off to get a drink and never came back. I looked for you all over and when I did find you, and hour and a half later I might add, you were snuggled up with Demi in the backyard!”

He scoffed, “If that what this is about? You’re jealous?”

“No that’s not it at all.”

“So you can hang out with your ex, but I can’t? How’s that fair.”

I sighed. It was like talking to a wall. He came in here looking for a fight and there was no talking to him. I got up, slipped my shoes on and grabbed my suitcase, “Where are you going?” He yelled at me as I opened the door.

“Somewhere else because you’re being a dunk asshole right now,” I said calmly before closing the door on him before he could yell at me some more.

I walked over to the room across from ours and knocked. I had to knock tree times before he opened the door, “Seriously Ayden? It’s 3:30!” Harry groaned.

“I need a favor.”

He leaned tiredly against the door frame, “What?”

“Please switch rooms with me. I’ll owe you.”

“And share a bed with Niall? Really?”

“Please?” I begged, “He came in looking for a fight and if I go back he’ll jump down my throat again.”
He looked at me with sympathy, again. Well I was certainly on a roll tonight with that. “Fine,” he said after a moment. He held the door open for me, “Let me get my things. But you do owe me. Niall’s a bed hog.”

I pushed my suit case against the wall, “Thanks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
still super bitter i can't get JLS condoms in the US. rude.

174 subscribers! you guys are awesome!
still not 100% in love with this chapter, but it's the best i can do i think. I rewrote a lot of it like 4 times. uuuuuugh.
sorry it took so long getting out. been an off week.