Status: Feedback makes me update faster!

Passenger Seat

Anything you say can and will be held against you. So only say my name

“We just got to the hotel in LA. Did you watch the Australia X-Factor?” Niall asked through the phone almost a week later.

“Not yet, I have it up so it can load though. I’ll watch it in a bit. How was the rest of the week?”

“It was fun. I love that country, there’s always something to do.”

I smiled at his enthusiasm, “You sound like you’re enjoying yourself.”

“I am. Wish you were with me though.”

I groaned softly, “I’m sorry I’m not. Maybe someday though, who knows?”

“I know,” he insisted. “I’ll take you all over the world one day, I can promise you that.”

I rolled my eyes at his declarations, “Okay Nialler.”

“I’m gonna try and nap while I can. I just wanted to call you and hear your voice. I’ll call you when I can, yeah?”

“Alright. Sleep well. I love you.”

“I love you too babe. Bye.”

“Bye.”

My heart always felt empty every time we hung up. I sighed and leaned back to get comfortable on my bed and balanced my laptop on my knees to start watching X-Factor.

*****

Over the next week I was almost too busy to miss Niall. Not that I didn’t. But I was working a lot, and when I wasn’t working I was doing photo shoots with Blue for Drop Dead, or Down But Not Out since Josh finally talked me into shooting for his clothing line. I was also considering doing a video or two for some of the bands that were asking. Which lead to me looking for a manager. Me, having a manager! Like, how did this happen?! Danielle was in the process of hooking me up with hers, which I was eternally grateful for seeing as I had no idea what to look for in a good manager.

They day that Niall came home I couldn’t be at the airport to meet him because I was doing a Drop Dead spread. I was out of it the whole time, feeling guilty for not being there to greet him, even though he swore he was fine with it and he understood.

“Just a few more Ayd, then we’re done,” Tom promised. He was shooting me today while Blue was shooting another model.

I sent him a grateful smile, “Finally.” I was tired from being here all day and hungry and I really wanted to see Niall. I was not looking forward to the 2 hours drive home.

After a few more shots, Tommy deemed me done for the day to which I ran off set to change back into my own clothes.

“You staying at Niall’s tonight?” Blue asked as I emerged from the dressing room.

I nodded, “Do you even have to ask?” I smirked.

“Use protection,” she cracked.

“That’s what birth control is for silly!” I shot back as I kissed her cheek in farewell.

After I hoped in the car to head back to London I sent Niall a text telling him I was on my way. He replied instantly that he’d be waiting for me with food.

The drive felt so much longer than usual, even with the new All Time Low blasting. By the time I pulled into the carpark of Niall’s building I was even more exhausted then when I first left. My tummy was growling with hunger and my heart was pulling for the boy upstairs.

After I raced up to his flat I stood there for a moment debating if I should knock or just walk in with my key. After a few fleeting thoughts I just let myself in. I could hear the tellie which was on what I guessed was some football game, typical.

When I walked in further I spotted Niall lying on the couch- passed out. My heart rate picked up just at the sight of him. I dropped my bag as I kicked off my shoes and slowly and quietly made my way over to the couch before I carefully climbed on top of my boy and laid on top of him. I buried my face in his neck, taking in his scent that I’d missed so much, as he took a deep breath as he woke up.

His arms wrapped themselves around my waist moments after, “Hey,” he said in a thick sleep voice, “Did you just get in?”

“Yeah,” I said against his skin and leaving a soft kiss there.

He hummed in delight, “I didn’t mean to fall asleep, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, you had a long flight.”

He angled his face to kiss my shoulder, “But I was supposed to get food.”

“We can get take away,” I assured lifting my head up to stare into his blue eyes that I loved so much.

He smiled up at me, his eyes still full of sleep. He reached up and brushed some of my hair behind my ear, “I missed you.”

“I could have gone a few more days without you,” I smirked. He squeezed my sides to tickle me in response. It was his go-to move when I was being cheeky.

“Come here,” he said as his hand cupped the back of my neck to pull me down to him where his lips eagerly met mine.

When his tongue met mine I let out a content hum the same time he did causing us both to start laughing. “Wow, that happened,” I giggled.

“It’s because we’re both on that same content level.” He reached up and kissed me again, “Wanna order food?”

I kissed his nose, “Yes please.”

Niall got up and ordered us a pizza, and then we cuddled into each other on the couch while we waited for its arrival. He told me about his week in America as we watched the end of the football game, and I also filled him in on my modeling… which was still weird for me to talk about. I mean… I’m a model? How?

“I’m so proud of you Ayd,” he said after I told him about the shoot today. “You took a risk like we all told you too, and you’re actually enjoying it. Can I say ‘I told you so’?”

“Oh shut up!”

He pulled me into him more, “My girl’s a model,” he cooed into my neck. “Blue better give me more of your pictures, I’ve started a nice collection in my room.”

I grimaced at his comment, “It’s so weird to me that you have me on your wall.”

“How? You look amazing, of course I want you all over my flat.”

“Normal couples have pictures of them together on their walls,” I giggled.

He shrugged, “Yeah, well we’re not normal. And I have pictures of us, thank you very much,” he said motioning to a picture on the mantel above the tellie.

Before he could say more the doorbell rang signaling the pizza had arrived.

*****

We were lying contently naked in his bed later that night. Niall running his hands hand up and down my bare back. I turned my head to look at up him. He was propped up on his elbow as he stared at his hand drawing shapes on my skin. “I miss then when I’m gone,” he said softly.

“So do I.”

“I don’t know how I’m going to get by when the world tour starts,” he groaned, flopping back against the mattress, pulling me into his side.

My heart dropped when he brought up the world tour. I wrapped my arm across his middle, “Just… don’t think about it.”

“It’s all I do think about,” he sighed. “I don’t want to leave you.”

I feel like we’ve both had this conversation with each other many times. It’s like a circle, one person gets stuck in their head and the other has to reassure them that it’ll be fine. “Hey,” I said running my fingers through his hair to turn his face to mine, “We’ll be fine. I’ll visit.”

“I know, I’m just worried you’ll realize it’s not worth it and end it while I’m gone.”

I sat up on my elbow then and looked down at him, “You really think I’d do that?”

“Realize you can do better? Yeah, all the time.”

I couldn’t help it, but I felt angry when he said that, “Why would you think that?” I snapped.

“Don’t get mad,” his fingers brushed my shoulder, “That’s not that I think you’ll just leave, it’s just that I know you can do better.”

I scoffed, “I don’t want to talk about this, and it’s just going to piss me off.”

He looked wounded, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s just,” I sighed, “You’re amazing Ni, you really are. I couldn’t ask for someone better to be with and you should know that!”

He shrugged, “That’s how I feel about you.”

“Then you get it,” I snapped, “So stop with this ‘you can do better’ shit.”

A smile ghosted his lips, “Alright.”

Content that he wasn’t going to talk about such crap anymore, I lowered myself against his again, getting comfortable. “I love you,” I stated.

“I love you too,” he kissed my shoulder. We sat in silence for a while until he talked again, “How’s Dakota doing?”

I shrugged, “Same as before really, but I haven’t seen a whole lot of her.”

“Yeah,” he sighed, “I thought so.”

“What’s going on with Harry? I haven’t really talked to him a whole lot since you guys left.”

He shrugged, “I don’t know. I think he and Taylor are becoming something.”

“Oh yeah, I saw some random article about them at X-Factor,” I reached my hand up to play with the ends of his hair at the back of his neck.

“I don’t approve,” he stated simply.

I shrugged, “You don’t have too, but you gotta let him do his thing Ni.”

“I know.”

I placed a kiss against his bare chest, “You care so much about your band mates.”

“They’re family.”

I looked up at him, “I know, that’s what I love about you lot.”

“They love you too,” he said softly. I smiled at his comment. He started playing with our fingers, sighing contently, “So my brother’s coming up for the weekend next week. He wants to meet you.”

Nerves shot through me, “He does?” I squeaked.

He chuckled, “Don’t sound so nervous, he’s gonna love you. My whole family will. Mom says she thinks she already knows you with how much I talk about you.

A blush rushed to my cheeks, “Well I’d love to meet your brother. I can’t wait to meet your parents too.”

He rolled us over so I was on my back and he was almost on top of me. He was leaned over pressing kisses down my ribs and stomach, “I can’t wait for you to meet them too,” he said between kisses, “To show you off to everyone.”

I hissed as his bit down on my hip. There were things I wanted to say back to him, like how I was excited to meet his family and how flattered I was that he wanted to ‘show me off,’ but it was hard to form words while he lips and teeth ran across my skin. When he lowered the sheet more I found my voice, “Aren’t you tired?”

“Knackered,” he confirmed. “But I want you more.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i apologize if there are more errors than usual, i'm exhausted!
but i wanted to get this out for you ASAP.
hope you enjoy!