Status: Feedback makes me update faster!

Passenger Seat

Out of our minds and out of time wishin' I could be with you

His hands were up my shirt as his body pressed mine firmly against my bed. Fall Out Boy was playing from the speakers, masking the noise of smacking lips and soft moans. Over the last few days of Niall and I being… more than friends (we haven’t had that boy/girlfriend conversation yet), we’ve been doing a lot of this. Kissing and touching. God he was an amazing kisser.

All we’d done is make out, sometimes (more like every time) Niall’s shirt came off, while mine just bunched up around my chest. We hadn’t gone much further, but god did I want too.

But we hadn’t been doing this long, so I had to shut my hormones up for now.

He slowly trailed kisses from my lips, down my jaw to my neck where he bit down playfully. “Don’t give me another hickey,” I warned, but arched my neck to give him better access.

His breath ghosted across my neck as he laughed, “But it’s so much fun.” His tongue skirted across my neck causing me to whimper it felt so good.

“They’re tacky,” I reasoned.

He clamped his lips down one more time before his lips were back on mine, “No they aren’t.”

Our tongues fought for dominance for a moment, “They so are,” I said against his lips.

He pulled back and looked down at my neck and smirked, “Well, too late.”

I rolled my eyes and flipped us over so I was on top, “If I’m marked, you’re marked,” I stated right before I started assaulting his neck.

He hissed when I bit down on the crook of his neck. His fingers pressed into my hips as his grinded into me. Jesus, I wanted him. And his sighing and soft moaning as I worked on his neck wasn’t helping me try to shut down my hormones that kept screaming at me to get naked with him.

I grinded back into him and trailed my hand up and down his bare chest as I continued to suck and nibble on his neck, determined to leave a good sized mark since he was starting to make a habit of giving them to me. I could usually hide them by pulling my hair to the side, but when I was at the bakery I had to have my hair up. And let me tell you that it is the most embarrassing thing ever when your aunt points out a love bite!

After what I figured was a long enough time to leave a hickey, I sat up on him and looked over my work. I brushed my fingers over the red spot that was slowly getting darker, “There. We’re even.”

Niall smirked up at me, running his hands up and down my thighs, “If you say so.” God he was hot laying under me.

I leaned down and reattached out lips. I could kiss him all day honestly. But right when his hands started making their way back up my shirt, there was banging on my bedroom door, “I’m home now! So if you’re having sex keep it down, Fall Out Boy can only drown out so much!” Blue yelled.

Niall and I started laughing, and I rolled off of him, “Way to kill the mood,” he commented.

“Sorry,” I smiled over at him.

He leaned over and kissed me again, “its okay.” He looked over at my alarm clock, “I should probably get going anyway,” He sat up slowly, “I’ve got a meeting in an hour. Lost track of time,” he laughed.

I sat up and fixed my shirt and hair, and shutting off my iPod. “Yeah, we tend to do that I noticed.”

“So…” he said looking down at his hands as he messed with a loose string on my bedspread, “Have any plans tonight?”

I smiled at his nervousness, “Not that I know of. Why do you ask?”

He glanced at me, “You want to have dinner with me and my band tonight? We’re all going over to Harry’s and he’s cooking. He’s a right good cook yeah? And Danielle, Eleanor, Perrie and Dakota are gonna be there too. You’ll like them, they’re lovely. And-”

“Niall, you’re rambling,” I cut him off. I reached over grabbing one of his hands, “I’d love to come and meet your friends,” I knew the girls must be everyone’s girlfriends, but aside from Perrie, I had no idea who was who’s.

He kissed me cheek, “Thank you. You’ll have fun. They’ll love you.”

“Well who wouldn’t?” I joked.

He laughed as he stood up and started looking around, “Where’s my shirt?” I stood up and moved a blanket where I found his shirt and tossed it to him, “Thanks love.”

When he was dressed and fixed his wild hair as much as he could, we walked out of my room and found Blue in the living room sitting with a smug smile, “Well hello there Niall, nice to see you.”

“You alright Blue?” He smiled at my best friend as he rubbed his neck awkwardly.

“I’m fantastic. I’d as how you were, but judging by the matching hickey’s I’d say you were good, yeah?”

I grabbed a throw pillow and chucked it at her as Niall turned bright red, “Shut up Blue!”

Niall cleared his throat, trying to shake the embarrassment off, “Well I’ve got to get going.” He brought a hand to my hip, pulling me closer to him, “I’ll see you tonight, yeah?”

“Yep.”

He smiled before he leaned in, giving me a quick kiss, before saying goodbye to me and Blue and leaving our flat.

As soon as the door shut Blue was off the couch, “What’s tonight?”

I shrugged like it wasn’t a big deal, “I’m having dinner with him and his friends.”

“Oh, meeting his friends for the first time. It’s getting serious!” She laughed.

“Oh sod off, yeah?”

She shrugged walking to the kitchen, I followed, “Where you going for dinner?”

“Harry’s. Apparently the kids an amazing cook.”

She grabbed a pop out of the fridge, “That sounds fun. Chill night with One Direction!”

I rolled my eyes, but couldn’t keep the smile off my face, “You’ve been waiting to say that haven’t you?”

“Oh yeah,” She said before taking a sip.

I huffed as I leaned against the counter, “So what should I wear?”

She sent me a confused look, “What’s wrong with what you usually wear? It’s just dinner at a mates house.”

“Yeah, but like… I don’t know. I feel like I have to step up my game. The other girls are like, model gorgeous!”

Blue rolled her eyes, “So are you babe. Just be yourself. Exchange a band tee for a cute blouse or something if you’re that worried.”

I nodded, “Yeah, okay.”

She set her can down and closed the gap between us and grabbed my shoulders, “Love, Niall likes you for you. You don’t have to change your wardrobe to impress his mates.”

I nodded. She was right, just being myself will be enough. I was just over reacting because I’m nervous. “You’re right. But I’m still going to go dig through my closet if you want to sit on my bed and help me.”

She gave me a bright smile, “Of course!” We started walking to my room, “Oh by the way, the Drop Dead spread comes out next week… and I got a few mini posters of you.”

I stopped in my tracks, “What!?”

She shrugged and dragged me into my room, “I got mini posters of everyone. It’s my first big spread, I’m excited. And you looks amazing, so it’ll make our living room amazing.”

“No, they are not going in our living room.”

She scoffed, “They are. I’m getting them all framed, and it’ll look super classy.”

I just rolled my eyes, not in the mood to argue on it, “Whatever. Now what top should I wear?” I asked throwing open my closet.

*****

When Niall picked me up a few hours later i had finally decided on what to wear. It wasn’t a band shirt, but it was also completely me. I left my naturally wavy hair down too and just did some simple eyeliner, as I always did.

“You look beautiful love,” Niall said kissing my cheek as we walked out my door. “You didn’t have to change though, I like your band shirts.”

I blushed like mad, pulling my bottom lip between my teeth, “Yeah, but I just wanted to look nice for your friends.”

He laced our fingers together as we entered the lift, “They don’t care what you wear love. They’ll love you for you, I know it.”

I leaned into him when he said that. Pulling his hand behind my back so his arm was around me, and rested my forehead on his shoulder. I breathed in his sent. It was becoming my favorite sent- like old spice with a hint of smoke and… just Niall. There was no other way to explain it.

When the doors opened though we pulled apart. He gave me the basic rundown of how we’d have to act in public at this point, if we were to keep our relationship private from the world. On the rare occasions we had been in public (so like two times max) together the past few days, we never touched. You never knew if someone with a camera or camera phone was around. I was fine with it. I wanted to keep the attention off me as much as possible. Being in the spotlight was never on my list of things to do.

When we got into his Range Rover, and he started it up, music blasted around us. “You’re listening to Go Radio?” I smiled as he turned it down a bit.

“It’s the mix you dropped in my mailbox babe. It’s probably my favorite CD right now,” he smiled.

I blushed, “Oh. Well you’re welcome.”

He held my hand the whole way to Harry’s house. Which was massive… and had photographers across the street and some fans out front.

He let go of my hand as he pulled up to park on the street. “You alright?”

I sent him a soft smile, “Yeah. It’s fine.”

When we got out, the photographers started shouting his name, and even mine. Which kind of surprised me when they did that, but I ignored them, like Niall told me to do.

When he stopped to greet the fans, I slowly made my way to the porch. When a few asked who I was and if I was his girlfriend, he shook his head and instantly said that we were just friends.

Even though when he said that he wasn’t lying (because I wasn’t officially his girlfriend) tt was weird hearing him say that, even though I knew he was doing it for a reason and we had talked about it. It was just like… I don’t know, can’t explain it. Like we were so much more than just friends, yet not exactly boyfriend and girlfriend, it was probably written all over our faces.

After he had greeted every single fan outside he finally met me at the door, “You ready?” he whispered.

I took a deep breath, “As I’ll ever be.”

*****

Meeting Niall’s friends was… intense. But not in a bad way, there were just a lot of them all at once.

Perrie and Zayn had greeted me first, seeing as we’d met before. Zayn politely kissed me on the cheek, then Perrie pulled me into a massive hug, and complimented me on my sweater.

“Thanks. You know, I really love your purple hair. It makes me want to dye mine so bad,” I laughed.
She ran her finger through her hair, “Thanks love. You should try it, it’s fun!”

Meeting the rest of them was an experience, for lack of a better word. Harry introduced me to his girlfriend Dakota, who was this blonde little hyper thing with a pixie hair cut- it completely fit her personality. She was much like Louis in a sense I noticed (who wasted no time pointing out the hickeys Niall and I had), who was just as energetic when he introduced himself and his bird Eleanor. Eleanor, “call me El,” was beautiful! I thought my hair looked good wavy, but she took it to a whole other level! And she was dressed in a dark blue skater dress with black tights and heels- Danielle, Perrie and Dakota were just as dressed up. I felt super out of place, but I tried not to let it show.
Danielle and Liam were the sweetest people I think I’ve ever met. Danielle was this bubbly, smiley girl, with a head full of curls that made me jealous I could never pull them off. And the way Liam looked at her like she was his world was almost to intimate to witness!

After the first introductions, we all sat around the living room, except for Harry and Dakota who went back to finish making dinner- which was spaghetti, and we all talked and I got to know them.

Niall sat right next to me on one of the couches, with his arm securely around me. I noticed, that even though we were acting super couple-y, he never once introduced me as his girlfriend. Just Ayden.

I was fine with it, but I was just curious to know what his friends knew about us, or were they just as lost as I was?

I got into a conversation with Danielle and Perrie about the tours they were getting ready to head out on. Danielle leaving to be a dancer for Girls Aloud, and Perrie on Little Mix’s first headlining tour.

“Oh, you’ll have to come out to one of the shows!” Perrie said excitedly.

“I’d love too! I wasn’t lying when I said I loved Little Mix.”

“You can come with me when I go,” El volunteered, “I’ve driving up with Zayn,” she said nudging the lad next to her.

I glanced at Niall to make sure I wasn’t over stepping, but he just smiled down at me like he was proud. “Yeah, sure,” I replied. “Just let me know which date so I can take time off work.”

“Oh yeah, you work at the bakery Niall swears by, yeah?” Louis asked.

I nodded, “Yep. My aunt owns it, so I help her out.

“Haz used to work at a bakery,” Dakota said, walking into the room, “Foods done by the way.”

We all filed our way into the kitchen, where we found Harry setting down a stack of plates. “So you used to work at a bakery too?” I asked as I grabbed a plate from him.

“Yeah,” he smiled, “Was shit at baking though. Mostly worked the register.”

“Ah, baking’s not for everyone.”

“Your cupcakes are mental!” Liam said as he grabbed a piece of bread.

“Thanks,” I said, genuinely happy he said that, “Took me forever to prefect the recipes.

“You came up with all of them?” Danielle asked.

I nodded, “Yeah, with the help of my aunt.”

“She makes this wicked peanut butter and jelly one,” Niall said, “God they’re my favorite.”

We all loaded our plates and went back and sat around the living room, where they continued to get to know me and vice versa. You could tell how close this group of people was. Like they’re own little family, like they’d known each other all their lives or something. It was new to me to see. I’d always had a small group of friends. Mainly just Blue, and recently the guys in You Me At Six, but I was never as close to anyone like the way I was to Blue. But here in this room, you could tell everyone genuinely cared about everyone. Even their girlfriends were a part of this little One Direction family.

And they had no problem making me feel welcome.

“Oh Ayden, it was so lovely to meet you!” Danielle gushed as Niall and I got set to leave.

When she pulled me into a hug, I had no problem returning it, “It was lovely to meet you too, all of you,” I said as I pulled back.

“You’ll have to come hang out with us soon! We can go shopping or something!” Dakota said as she kissed my cheek.

“Maybe something not so public yet,” Niall interjected, “We’re trying to keep this hidden from the paps as long as possible.”

Louis laughed sarcastically, “Good luck with that one!”

I made my rounds, saying goodbye to the boys and El and Perrie, “But really, what Kota said, you’ll have to come hang out with us!” Eleanor said grasping my hand lightly.

“Yeah, we’d love to have someone else around to complain about these lads with,” Perrie added.

“Hey!” All the boys yelled, causing us girls to laugh.

When Niall laced his hand in mine, nudging his head in the direction of the door I said my final goodbye, “Thanks for having me. I had fun!”

“Come again love. Don’t let Niall hide you away from us anymore,” Liam joked. Niall flipped him off as we left.

We dethatched out hands as we walked to his car. There wasn’t anyone around at this time of night, but we weren’t taking any chances.

The ride back to my flat was calm. The radio was on a random station as he held my hand again the whole drive, and we made small talk here and there.

“Are you coming up?” I asked as he parked.

“I’ll walk you up, but I can’t stay,” I pouted when he said that, “I’ve got an early radio interview,” he laughed at me.

When we were in the lift he pulled me into him, “I told you they’d love you,” he said resting his forehead on mine.

“I liked them. They’re an amazing bunch.”

He laughed, “That’s one way to put it,” he said as he pulled completely away from me as the lift doors opened.

“Come inside for a minute?” I said softly looking up at him through my lashes.

He sighed dramatically, “I guess I can do that.”

When we walked into my flat, it was quiet and the only light of was the hall light. We stayed by the door, because he really did have to leave.

“I really did have fun tonight,” I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me against him. “You’re all so close, I’m glad you have friends like that.”

“They can be your friends too,” he said against my ear before nuzzling into my neck.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, “Yeah, maybe.”

He pulled back then and wasted no time planting his lips on mine. He slowly pressed me against the door and I ran my hands though his hair as I opened my mouth to him to deepen the kiss. Which he did with no hesitation.

“I really have to go,” He said after a long, long, moment of kissing.

“Okay,” I said between him leaving little butterfly kisses on my mouth.

“Yeah,” he said before he went full force back into kissing me, which caused me to embarrassingly moan into his mouth. He had me trapped against the door by his lips and pelvis, which pressed into mine in such a good way.

When he started kissing down my neck I knew I should say something again because what started out as a short goodbye was turning into a 15 minute make out session, “You should really do Ni.”

He stopped kissing me groaned into my neck, “Yeah, I know.” He kissed me neck slowly again, “But I don’t want too.”

“You said you had to get up early,” I reminded trying to catch my breath.

He sighed dramatically and pulled back and looked down at me, “Okay. You’re right.” He leaned in and left one final, long kiss on my lips, “I’ll see you later yeah?”

“Yeah.” I opened the door and let her get around me. He kissed my cheek before he finally headed out.

When he entered the lift and I couldn’t see him anymore I finally shut my door. I sighed and leaned against it like every love sick dramatic girl in movies.

“What is he doing to me?” I muttered as a giant smiled slowly made its way onto my face.

“I don’t know, but that was one hot kiss!” I jumped when I hear Blue’s voice. She came out from around the hall corner.

“You scared the shit out of me! Were you there the whole time?”

“No,” she scoffed,” I came out cause I thought I heard you come in, but then I found you and Niall practically having sex on the door!” She laughed.

My face heated up in embarrassment, “Sorry about that.”

She waved me off, “Don’t be. You’ve caught Max and I in similar situations.”

I laughed lightly, “That I have. I’m going for a shower, yeah?”

“Alright, but when you get back, I want to hear all about your night!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to get this out yesterday, but that obviously didn't happen.
writing her meeting everyone was such a pain in the ass, even with me cutting corners!
but i hope you liked it!

next chapter if more fluff, but some drama is coming. fair warning!

and omg this story as 96 subscribers! you guys are awesome!