Status: sandeul is my b1a4 love and i definitely want to finish this c:

Dreaming

THE FOURTH DREAM

“No.”

“Please.”

“No.”

Junghwan looks up to the sky in frustration and sighs heavily. He doesn’t have time for this. He doesn’t have time at all. “Sunwoo,” he starts, the boy’s name coming out in a desperate exhale of air. “You don’t understand-“

“What’s there to understand?” Sunwoo says, quirking his eyebrows up. “What you want, you can’t have. It’s against the rules.”

“I know but Jinyoung-“

“I just got off probation man,” he says, looking Junghwan right in the eyes. “You don’t know what it’s fucking like down there. It’s a goddamn doghouse,” he tells him, his voice shaking. “I’m not – I won’t go back there. I won’t.”

He starts to walk past Junghwan.

“She’s sick.”

Sunwoo stops.

“She’s really sick,” Junghwan says. “She was screaming; it was my fault. I didn’t know. The nurses came in, and she started to scream louder and louder. The nurses had to use-“

“Okay.”

He looks at Sunwoo; he’s pale and shaky and knows it all too well.

“Okay,” he repeats.

Image


It’s completely dark when Miyoung wakes up, but she can’t really tell because she’s drowning. Her eyes are drowning and her mouth is gasping for air; in and out, in and out. It’s been the worst today. Thin strands of hair stick to her forehead and the back of her neck. She’s suffocating under the weight of the small blankets. With trembling hands, she fumbles to push them off.

The cool air touches her wet cheeks slowly. Wiping them with the backs of her small hands, she swallows again and again. She’s scared to death; it frightens her to even blink. Miyoung thinks that the room is too dark, that the air is too dark, and that everything is too dark and scary and endless. The darkness makes her bones grow cold. It washes over her in silence but consumes her inside out. She pushes herself up in an attempt to calm herself.

Then her eyes meet his.

He holds his breath, while praying that it worked. “Please please please please,” he says over and over again in his mind, while keeping his eyes on Miyoung’s. Her gaze is darting from his lips to his nose to his hands to his eyes.

Her lips part; he watches.

“Lee Junghwan,” she whispers.

She feels like a ticking time bomb. The air is so thick and Junghwan’s pounding heart only adds to the heaviness.

Miyoung’s eyelashes flutter against the pinks of her cheeks as she stares down at her knees, frowning. She raises her eyes up to his, before frowning again and repeating the cycle. Up and down, up and down; she looks between her knees and him. Then finally, her eyes widen. Before he knows it, Miyoung’s clambering over the railings and throwing her arms around him, burying her face into the crook of his neck.

“You came,” she whispered, so close to Junghwan’s skin that he shivers.

Image


Somewhere in the distance, Sunwoo furiously throws papers and pencils and shirts and pants into a brown duffel bag, before running with eyes closed and trailing ghosts.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments would be wonderful! c: