Status: Don't be afraid of what others think of you.(:

Just Love Me For Me.

Four.

"Dani! Dani! Dani!" Damion yelled, running down the hall to my room. He bust open the door and jumped onto my bed. Today our three year old sister's, Dannettia, birthday.

"What do you want, D? I was about to get dressed." I said pulling my shirt back down.

"Marlee is coming over tonight, right?! You did say she was coming!" He raced through his words.

"Damion. She is seventeen. You are fourteen." I laughed.

"So what? I'm turning fifteen in two months! It's only two years difference! Plus I'm only a grade younger. It's totally legal!" He argued.

"You are never going to give up are you?" He shook his head violently. I just laughed. "Yes, Marlee is coming over tonight."

"YES!" He shot both of his fists into the air and fell backwards onto my pillows.

"Zoey and Brett are coming, too." I groaned slightly.

"Oh shit... I wonder how this is going to turn out."

"I'm not to thrilled to find out..." Damion got off my bed and hugged me.

"It'll be okay, Dani." He said, smiling. "I better go. Mom already bitched at me because I still haven't hung up the streamers. " He let me go and headed for the door.

"Marlee isn't your lover!" I teased him.

"Not yet but, she will be soon! Very soon!" He called back. I laughed and closed my door. Neither Brett or Zoey have said anything about each other but, I know both of them aren't thrilled. Especially Brett since Marlee and Zoey are staying the night.

***

"Happy birthday dear Netta. Happy birthday to you." Everybody sang. Everybody being Mom, Dad, Damion, Cameron, Marlee, Zoey, Brett, and myself. Dannettia pretty much spit on her cake as she blew out the candle shaped like a three.

"Who wants some slobbered on cake?" Mom laughed. Everyone's hand shot into the air. Well, everyone's but Brett. His hands stayed protectively on my hips where they've been glued since he got here.

"Babe? Do you want cake?" I asked, just in case he didn't hear my mom.

"Um, no. I'm good." He said.

"Party pooper." Zoey teased. He shot her daggers then, looked at the T.V.

"Here, Marlee. I picked out this piece for you." Damion winked as he handed her a piece of chocolate cake with a blue flower on top. Blue is Marlee's favorite color.

"Awe. Thank you, D. You're so sweet." She said and pecked his cheek. Damion instantly turned into a cherry.

"Dude! You're blushing!" Cameron yelled, laughing.

"Shut up, Cam!" Damion yelled, punching his best friend in the arm.

"Hey, Mom. Is it okay if we go hang out in the basement?" I asked as sweetly as possible.

"Yeah, that's fine. Just please don't make a huge mess." She smiled.

"And you two aren't allowed to make out." Dad decided to add, glaring at Brett and I.

"We promise." I said and dragged everyone to the basement.

I tried to sit on the couch but, Brett pulled me back, sat down, then pulled me onto his lap. Zoey sat next to us and, Cameron sat next to her. Marlee sat on the ground in front of Brett and I and, Damion sat beside her. He gave her a charming smile, then put his arm around her slim shoulders. Marlee gave him a confused look but, she shrugged it off.

"So, whats are we gonna do?" Zoey asked, sending me a breath taking smile. Brett's grip got tighter.

"Let's watch The Hangover; Part Two!" Damion yelled.

"Way to read my mind, little bro." I laughed and scrolled through our DVR list to find it. Damion hopped up to dim the lights. Cameron attempted to put his arm around Zoey but, she slapped him away. I giggled and attempted to get off Brett's lap so I could go to the bathroom but, his grip didn't loosen.

"Hi. Am I allowed to pee by myself or do you need to go with me to make sure there aren't any potty monsters?" I asked him.

"I'll go with you." He said.

"I was kidding! Let me go!" I snapped. He dropped his grip immediately. Zoey softly snickered and everyone else had a slight smile on their face.

As I'm coming back downstairs, I could hear loud, angry whispers. I slowly crept around the corner so I could see everybody but, they couldn't see me. Brett and Zoey were going at it. Figures. Couldn't have one peaceful night now could we?

"Why don't you understand that she is mine?!" Brett growled.

"She is a human being, not a personal possession that you let sit on a shelf to collect dust! You can't claim her!" Zoey snapped back.

"She is my girlfriend! So yeah, I do claim her!" Brett's voice rose slightly.

"Guys, stop! Dani will be down here any second and if she sees this... I don't even want to know. You both promised her you would be good!" Marlee said, trying to calm them down.

"Yeah. You both did promise that, didn't you?" I said, finally stepping out of the shadows. Everyone turned ghost white. "Plus, if I am remembering correctly, you told me you weren't going to let your jealousy get the best of you. Right, Brett?" You could hear a pin drop in that room.

"Zoey told me that I was a clingy, lost puppy!" Brett whined, breaking the silence.

"Are you two fucking years old?!" I barked. "Since when did we get transported back to kindergarten when being a tattletale was the cool thing?! God, Brett! And you are being incredibly clingy! You haven't let me go until I had to force you to let me go so I could fucking pee!"

"I was ju-"

"No more!" I roared. "I'm done with this bullshit! I think it is time for you to leave, Brett."

"Danielle!" He screeched.

"LEAVE!" I screamed. He slowly got off the couch and walked toward me.

"How can you be yelling at me when she promised you the exact same thing." He asked.

"She isn't the one acting like a kindergartner. Damion, please walk him out." Damion hopped up and led Brett out of the house. Everyone else stayed totally silent. I walked over and sat next to Marlee. She wrapped her thin arms around my torso. Tears started pricking my eyes.

Zoey slid off the couch and sat in front of me, grabbing my hand. "I am so sorry, Dani. I never should have instigated the fight." She said, sincerely.

Single tears slid down my face. "I'm so done with the fighting. Either you two learn to get along or neither of you are going to be in my life."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Sorry no update for awhile. Been a busy person.
Yeah I'm totally kidding. I've just been grounded.
So what do you think of the new chapter?
I would like to knooow(:
Thanks,
Taylor Elizabeth<3