Status: First main; Very slowly active

Hutch or Peck?

Chapter 4

When we entered our mini-mansion, our mom stood at the foot of the stairs in pajamas and a robe, her hair tied up in a tight bun.

Oh crap. I thought in my mind knowing my twin was thinking the same.

We approached her slowly and hadn’t even made it halfway to her when she spoke.

“Do you realize what time it is?!” she exclaimed loudly, not caring that her voice echoed loudly in the empty house.

“Sorry, Mom. We were at Josh’s party-,” I began, but she cut across me.

“Do you realize how worried I was about you two?! Now what am I going to tell the producers and other people when you two are sluggish or look tired in the morning?” she nearly yelled.

“Mom, it’s not that serious. We’ve had worse-,” Sam began, but she cut across her just as quickly as she did me.

“Just shut up and take your asses to bed!” she ordered putting a hand on her head most likely from the alcohol still getting to her.

We quietly went up the few steps and went into our respective rooms, but not before Sam spoke to me once we were out of earshot.

“I get so sick of her bullshit! She’s gonna make me say something one day,” she said heatedly.

“I know, sis, but what will that prove? Arguing with her won’t solve anything,” I said with a sigh.

“Allowing her to walk all over us won’t help, either. It’s only a matter of time before all of that bad karma comes back and bites her in the ass,” she concluded before hugging me.

I hugged her back just as much and we kissed each other on our cheeks saying our goodnights to one another, my feet officially killing me from keeping the heels on for a full 5 hours. I checked my phone as I slipped the heels off and put them in my walk-in closet before choosing my pajamas.

Once I reached my bed I gratefully climbed in, but not before plugging my phone in the charger.

Just as I did so, my phone rung playing one of my sister’s songs. Her name in a text box flashed on the screen just as I got one from Hutch.

Mel, are we gonna talk or just text?

I had a great time with you tonight. Maybe I can see you tomorrow?

My heartbeat increased as I responded to both of them, my sister first of course.

It doesn’t matter to me, really. What did you want to ask?

And then I responded to Hutch.

So did I. Sorry we had to leave abruptly like that, but we were tired anyway. I don’t know if tomorrow’s good. Would have to check my schedule first.

I got a knock on my door before it opened with Sammie in her pajamas. She walked to my bed and plopped on the right side, but was faced towards me.

“Soooo what’s going on with you?” she asked with a small smile.

It was routine for us to sleep in each other’s bed from time to time especially when we knew the other needed or wanted to talk about something. I smiled, but Sam was the one who pulled out her iPod and plugged it into the stand and let it play some random song, pushing the stand which was on a small table, towards the door.

This was another one of our routines. To avoid being overheard, we’d play music to drown out anyone trying to listen from the other side of the door.

“Well,” I began before telling her everything that happened with Hutch.

Naturally, Sam’s laughter filled the air, but was cut abruptly when I spoke.

“That’s not funny, missy. Especially not the way you were moaning in the bathroom with Sean,” I teased.

Sam’s mouth dropped as a small gasp came from her.

“You heard that?” she asked. When I nodded as a laugh escaped me, she buried her face with her hands.

“You weren’t supposed to,” she groaned entirely embarrassed now.

“Meh. I don’t know what you two were doing, but did you guys use protection at least?” I asked squinting my eyes at my sister.

Her brown orbs met mine as her brows wrinkled.

“Things didn’t go that far, Mel. Jeez,” she said in a serious tone as she flung a pillow at me as my laughter filled the air.

“But anyways what about you and Josh? He kissed you once and made your brain malfunction,” she retorted to my laughter which ended from her comment as I blushed like mad.

“I don’t know. He’s cute, but I don’t really know him. The fact alone that we kissed and got close like that so quickly still scares me cause I went to the party to support my best friend and ended up spending practically no time with him. I guess I have to move on. He’ll never see me as someone worthy of dating,” I said sadly.

Sam sighed as she wrapped an arm around me. I didn’t cry or anything, but I did need a hug.

“Like I said, M, he’s four years older than you,” she said in a slightly harsh tone as I pulled away.

“Age is nothing but a number,” I said with a sly smile, but I was in pain underneath it.

“Yeah it is, Mel. He’s like 20 and you’re 16. He most likely doesn’t like you like that. I’m sorry, but it’s the truth. Just give the other Josh a chance. Maybe you guys will spark something there,” she suggested.

“But he’s going to be filming a movie soon,” I whined.

“Well, spend time with him until he leaves and see where that goes,” she concluded, giving me a kiss on the forehead as she got up, unplugged her iPod, moved the table, and exited the room.

My phone went off as I received another text from the very person she was talking about.

I’m getting tired, but I’ll see you tomorrow? Goodnight. :D

I didn’t bother responding and instead curled up under the covers as my mind swam with thoughts to the point in which I passed out quickly.

~~~

The next morning arrived all too soon as my alarm clock went off at 7am causing me to groan as I shut it off. As soon as I did so, there was a loud banging at the door.

“MELANIE, GET UP!” my mom bellowed, but not angrily.

I soon heard the loud banging at Sam’s door as my mom said the same, but different name. I walked to my door almost dragging my body sleepily as I opened my door, seeing my twin do the same, but it was wrenched open. She was livid.

Mom had disappeared elsewhere and I could have sworn I heard Sam curse under her breath before we walked in sync towards each other. No words were said because when Sam gets angry at our mom, she usually gets it out with her music, but it was too early.

We headed down the steps and into our kitchen as our eyes landed on someone we didn’t expect to see; Hutch.

“W-what are you doing here?” I asked feeling self-conscious about my clothes.

Sam looked weirded out, but not because she felt self-conscious; just because of the fact she was thinking the same about his presence.

We heard footsteps and soon, our mom came down the stairs, sunglasses on her forehead as she swiftly walked into the kitchen.

“Josh is here because he wanted to see you, dear,” she forced out as she quickly pulled out a couple of plates and cups.

Sam followed her into the kitchen, an angry breath escaping her before she spoke.

“Mom, what are you doing?” she asked, but received a glare in response.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed the microwaveable pancakes from the freezer and took over just as mom’s phone went off.

She took it out of her purse and waved to Hutch and went outside.

“What the hell was that?” I asked Sam, but she shrugged.

“What was what?” Hutch asked, but I bit my lip knowing Sam was ready to speak especially to him.

“Why are you here?” she asked blatantly.

Her eyes were cold to him and he got out a laugh, but it was forced.

“I don’t know how, but my agent said that Mel and I have a photo shoot together. I asked Josh for your address and he said you’d usually be up anyway so here I am,” he explained.

Sam squinted her eyes before they met mine. The microwave interrupted our mental conversation. She grabbed her plate and went to the farthest side of the table before digging in. I grabbed my own plate before speaking to Hutch myself.

“Oh, really?” I asked in shock. He nodded.

“Is your sister OK?” he asked and we saw her practically stabbing her fork into the bites of pancakes she had cut up.

“She’s angry,” I got out in a nutshell.

He wrinkled his brows in confusion as I put my plate in the microwave wishing that this morning would be over sooner than it began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 4!

Odd turn of events, isn't it?

Please don't forget to comment, recommend, and subscribe.