Status: Hiatus

With You Is Where I Want to Be

Cassandra Forest

When a nurse came in to check on me one last time, I was finally able to go home. My mom took me home since my dad had to leave for work; since he just got relocated he could not take a day off just yet. Though my mom also had to leave and drop me off at home, since she could not take off at her new job as well. Thus I was left home alone because I was not able to go to school today, I was told to take it easy by my doctor and my parents. However I felt fine, I did not think I needed this day off from school and from Stiles. I wanted to hang out with him and actually possibly have a normal life. Therefore I threw a scarf over my bruised neck and left the house, a walk around town was not going to kill me.

Beacon Hills was actually a pretty small town, well the smallest town I have ever lived in. I walked into the main part of town which was where the high school was located; I noticed that this town had a variety of local owned shops. Though I did not go into any shops, because I did not want anyone to notice that I was neither at home or at school. In a hurry I turned back around to head back home, I was scared that someone might tell my parents where I have been. My dad has connections in every place we have moved to, I would not be surprised if he already knows someone in Beacon Hills.

As soon as I reached my house I realized that I lived right in front of a forest of some sort, which made me curious. Without thinking I approached the backyard and entered into the thicket. It was beautiful, trees and all sorts of different colors of leaves were surrounding me in the forest. I looked up and closed my eyes; I could hear various noises throughout the forest. Insects buzzing, birds chirping, and even the leaves were rustling in the wind. I opened my eyes continuing to walk further into the forest knowing that I should not, because I knew I could easily get lost out here. Though through the millions of tree trunks I saw what looked like an old abandoned house, bruised and blackened.

"Aw, sweet," I thought out loud to myself, knowing that there was no one out here to hear me. I quickly jogged forward towards the house, I really wanted to go inside and explore. It was one of the characteristics I inherited from both my mom and dad. This is why I believe we move around a lot, besides my dad's very important job. I can say that my parents have almost been to all of the states in America and even a few overseas countries as well.

Without thinking on it I walked up the rickety stairs of the abandoned house and opened the door, which barely swung forward on its old hinges. I walked forward into the house, almost sneezing because of the high dust count. I looked around, whatever was in the house before destroyed everything. The wooden floors were scratched with claw marks and even some of the abandoned furniture was tortured, a wild animal must have broken into the house for shelter at some point. Walking further into the house, I heard a creaking noise coming from the upstairs. I turned around in a circle as I looked up at the ceiling; it was probably a mouse, although I was still a little apprehensive.

"Who's there?" I asked looking around the room I was in, which looked like a kitchen. I heard the same creaking noise again; it was like someone was walking around in the house.

"What are you doing in here?" A particular guy asked who I happened to know the name of. I quickly turned around seeing Derek Hale standing in the threshold between both of the rooms, he had his arms crossed. Taking a deep breath out he uncrossed his arms, "Oh, it's just you."

"Yes, though what are you doing here?" I said, Derek walked into the room.

"This use to be my house as a child, but there was a fire."

"Oh."

He looked away from me; he obviously did not want to talk about it.

"But why are you here?" Derek asked again.

"I was just exploring, I was bored."

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"No, I have the day off," I explained looking around the kitchen, touching things I probably was not supposed to be. I quickly stopped myself and looked over at Derek, his arms were crossed again.

"So you're skipping?"

"No, I really do have the day off. Though it's a long story."

"I'll tell you my story, if you tell me yours. But how about we go somewhere else first?" Derek approached me, smiling while I began to nod my head.

"Sure, but you have to tell me your story first."

"Fine, let's go."

Derek drove me around in his black Camaro again, though this time he parked in a gravel parking lot. I looked out the window and noticed he had parked in front of a trail that led into the same forest. It was probably made for bird watchers, campers, hikers, and hunters. Though right before the entrance was a bold sign that read, Beware of Wild Animals.
♠ ♠ ♠
Teen Wolf Season 3 previews have been released recently, go here to watch them: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

Click here to see Derek's outfit.

Click here to see Jessica's outfit.

Click here to see Stiles' outfit.

Fact #17: The forest Jessica entered behind her house was called the Cassandra Forest.