Status: VERY slow updates. Don't read if you're too impatient. Feedback appreciated :)

South Ithilien High School

10.3 - Homecoming - Part Three

Rosie and I were going on a double date with Mr. Frodo and his date, Primrose. I had already picked them up at Frodo's house, as he lived next door, and I was headed towards Rosie's. The two cuddled in the backseat on the way to her house, talking quietly to each other. Frodo put a pretty flower in her hair and kissed her cheek. I parked in Rosie's driveway and adjusted my tie nervously before picking up the bouquet beside me and walking up to her door. I knocked shyly and was greeted with a beautiful sight. Rosie, with her hair loose around her shoulders, in a pretty blue sundress.

"Hi, Sam!" she smiled happily. "Oh! Are those for me? They're lovely!"

"H-Hi Rosie," I stuttered as I handed her the flowers. She smelled them and smiled sweetly to herself. I blushed. "Y-You look pretty."

"Oh, thank you," she giggled. "You look very handsome." She reached over and carefully fixed my tie. "It was a little crooked," she winked.

I blushed and offered her my arm and opened her door for her. She smiled again and got in the car, closing the door behind her. I got in and drove to the dance. We met up with our friends and danced together in a group for all the upbeat songs before splitting up for drinks and slow dances. I sat down at a nearby table for the first song and Rosie sat close beside me, giving me this amused look. Finally I got the hint and blushed.

"O-Oh! Rosie...? W-Would you like to dance with me?" I stuttered. She giggled and jumped up in a mess of bouncy curls and whooshing fabric, then took my hand.

"I would love to," she smiled sweetly and my heart fluttered in my chest as I followed her out to the dance floor and held her close. She was the most beautiful hobbit girl I had ever seen and I felt lucky to be with her. The dance seemed to end too soon and we were back in the car. Frodo and Primrose were cuddling in the backseat again, but upon a closer glance I noticed Primrose had fallen asleep in Frodo's arms. I parked in Rosie's driveway and walked her to the door.

"Goodnight, Rosie," I said shyly.

"Goodnight, Sam," she smiled and her eyes sparkled with the reflection of the moonlight. She surprised me with a gentle kiss, which, after a moment, I returned just as gently. Her lips were soft and warm, just as I'd imagined they were. I blushed as we broke apart, and with another small smile, she disappeared into the house.

I went back to the car and dropped off Frodo and Primrose before settling in to my own house. I was happy and sad at the same time. Sad that the best night of my life was over, but happy that I had spent it with Rosie.