Status: VERY slow updates. Don't read if you're too impatient. Feedback appreciated :)

South Ithilien High School

17 - Concerns

Boromir's POV

Isilwen had been joining us for lunch again lately and hid behind Legolas or myself when Elerossë would look over. Her actions were concerning in themselves, but when she tucked her hair behind her ear and I saw a bruise I had finally had enough. I shooed the others from the table so I could talk to her somewhat privately.

"Isilwen, what happened?" I asked, taking her hands. She looked at me, confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"How did you get this?" I touched her cheek gently and she pulled away quickly.

"I bumped into a door," she said quickly. "It's nothing."

"If it was nothing you wouldn't be lying," I shot back.

"It's nothing," she repeated. She got up and left the table quickly. I felt someone watching me and when I looked up, I met Elerossë's cold green eyes. I narrowed my own at him before leaving the lunch room as well.

~~~~

I spent the rest of the day distracted and worried for Isilwen. After Mr. Tierno yelled at me for the fifth time I left the class to go talk to Mr. Gandalf. There was no point in staying if I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing anyway.

I walked downstairs to his office and knocked on the door. "Mr. Gandalf? Are you busy?"

The door opened and he smiled. "No, I'm not busy. What can I do for you, Boromir?" he asked, letting me in and offering a chair.

I sighed softly. "I'm... I'm worried about a friend..." I explained what I had seen and sat back in the seat and watched his troubled face.

"Alright... was anyone else around while this happened that you know of?" he asked.

"I... I think Legolas picked her up..." I said.

"Alright... thank you Boromir. Go back to class. I'll call them down for a chat okay? Don't worry, I'll make sure your friend is alright," he reassured me. I hesitated, but followed his advice and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
*old lady voice* Back in my day, there were NINE planets!