A Million Nights

The first step is the hardest one.

"Thank you guys. You were amazing and without you nothing of this would be possible. See you soon!"

The boys left the stage and the girls tried to pass through the crowd to get to go backstage. They went next a security guy so that they help. 10 minutes later the girls were already running through the corridors towards the dressing room, but suddenly someone pulls Tay into one of the rooms.
"What the fuck? Johnny?" - Tay turns and stumbles into Johnny. He was not well. Moreover, Tay had never seen Johnny like that. She looked into his eyes and she saw the suffering he was going. He was crying a lot and she didn't know what to do. He pulled her into the room hugged her too tightly. She felt his despair.

"Tay... I..."

"Johnny... I'm here. You're not alone. I'm here."

"Jimmy... he... he's dead, Tay!" - Johnny could hardly speak for crying. Tay didn't know what to say or what to do. She kept hugging Johnny showing her support but she was in shock with everything that was happening. The concert was very intense and it let everyone down. It was as if everyone had woken up from a nightmare and that nightmare was real. She tried but she couldn't fight her strong tears that were trying to get out of her eyes. Tay began to cry silently so that Johnny doesn't see her suffering. - "Thank you for being here. You're the best... thing... that happened to me this year."

"You know how much I love you, don't you? And you know I'll always be with you at all times... I always loved you, even you don't know me and I thank God to be here with you right now."

"You were the only good thing that God made to me... he had put you in my way. But why... he took Jimmy away? Why?"

"Johnny ... If God took Jimmy it's because he had fulfilled his mission. Jimmy was a little piece of heaven on earth. He gave us so much in so little time. He lived so much in so little time. We lost a great man. But he is alive in each of us. And remember what he said in ‘Fiction’: he took a bit of you with him as he left a bit of him in each of us."

"You're right ... but Tay, it kills me being on that stage and look for that drum and Jimmy is not there. It's kills me to be doing a tour and not have Jimmy with us. It's kills me be by your side and all you do makes me remind Jimmy..." - Tay was a little apprehensive, she moved away a little hearing this last sentence but she immediately understood the meaning of it. But Johnny, seeing that the words he chose was not the best ones, and he was even more nervous. - "Sorry Tay. That wasn't what I meant..."

"I realized it, Johnny. Take it easy..."

"If you realized it why you turned away from me?"

"Because I didn't understand... but then I realized what was your intention..."

"I hurt you... and you acting in a good way because you don't want to hurt me because I’m a piece of shit right now."

"That's not it, Johnny..." - Tay approaches Johnny and gives him a long kiss on the forehead. - "I know my madness and my behavior is very similar to Jimmy. I know this because I have always admired Jimmy because of his madness and I always follow his steps. I think I'm like him sometimes... but I'm being me! I was born this way! And maybe that's why I've always felt a very special bond by Jimmy but also for you. Because we are opposites of each other. You are calm, sweet, loving... and I'm crazy, I’m always doing shit, I solve all the problems with a punch... but... you complete me. I love make fun of you because I love to see you angry and pouting. Because you can you awaken in me my most sensitive and romantic side that no one ever do."
Johnny got up from the chair where he had sat before and approached Tay. He couldn't contain the tears coming out of his eyes but with all those words coming from his 'secret girlfriend' a small smile appeared on his face. When he came next to Tay, Johnny pulled her against his body and hugged each other warmly, kissing her passionately. Johnny looked in her eyes, smiling.

"You're really like me, little girl!"

"Well, you are my inspiration even for changing my look!"

"You look beautiful! Well... I guess we'd better go to the room next to them."

Tay and Johnny came out of that little dressing room and came to the dressing room next to the rest of the group.
Upon arriving there, only Annie and Brian were in the room.
Brian was devastated. His eyes were red and swollen. They were on a couch, sitting and holding hands. Brian had his head resting on the shoulder of Annie. Annie was crying too, without taking her eyes off Brian.

"Where's the rest of the group?" - Johnny asked.

"Zacky and Rita are in the bathroom. Rita felt sick again... Veronica was with them and Matt was with Jason I don't know where..." - Annie replied never looking up.

"Rita threw up again? Is not it better to go to a doctor? She's like this almost two months ago."

"She doesn't want, Tay... we can't compel her..."

However, Rita, Veronica, Zacky and Matt come into the room. Rita was white, pale and helpless. We saw in her gait that she was weak and tired. As Brian and Johnny, Zacky and Matt were shattered.
Also came into the room the rest of the band members, including Mike, and some technicians. Jason approached the boys and looked at the group with a smile. Jason had met the girls right before the concert start at dinner.

"Jimmy must be laughing up at this moment staring at all of you. How is it possible you guys from the band Avenged Sevenfold, in this condition, being with these girls? If they were ugly, I couldn't understand... but this is not the case!"

"Hey, Jay. Take it easy, man! I don't want you to look at my future wife like that! "- Brian said, this time with a calmer look.

"Future wife?" - Matt asked in shock. Apparently, he was better about Annie but his reaction proved that Annie was not indifferent. - "Will you marry each other?"

"Yes, we will. I haven't made a formal propose yet but is coming soon..." - Brian answered, looking at Annie. She smiled but she was a little disturbed by the reaction of Matt.

"But... it's not too early for that? Syn, you aren't divorced yet from Michelle and now you are getting into a new marriage?"

"I will not marry again with Michelle. I will marry a very different person. I'll marry Annie and I think I don't need to say anything else."

"Of course not. Well... let's go to hotel. I think we all need sleep!" - Matt said and he was immediately interrupted by Jason.

"Calm down people. I wanted to say something to you. I want to tell you that it was a amazing concert. After all... it was very difficult for all of us but you were great. Mike, thank you very much once again. You have been fantastic. A great help!" - Jason said putting his hand on Mike's shoulder. -

"Now! Let's go to sleep."
The whole group went to the van and drove to the hotel. Once there, the group took a shower and then went to sleep.

*** Annie’s POV ***

Brian and I had just taken a shower and we were ready to go to sleep. I was lying in bed waiting for Brian. He had gone to smoke with Zacky. It had been a night full of emotions and I was tracked and even worse knew that Brian was heartbroken. I never thought I'd see him like this someday. I didn't get to meet Jimmy. I never thought I would ever meet Avenged Sevenfold... but I missed Jimmy. We all miss Jimmy. We are fans and it was very difficult to see them on stage without Jimmy.
However, Brian was back. He opened the door and looked at me with sad eyes. See Brian that way it's like I was ripping out my heart of my chest with cold blood. He lay beside me and hugged me, resting his head on my chest.

"How are you, Bri?"

"I'm better now that I'm alone with you. Did you enjoy the concert?"

"I loved it. You was great. All of you were great. I knew you'd get it."

"I'm glad you liked it. It was so hard..."

"I know, Brian. I know ... But Jimmy is very, very proud of you. We all feel his presence on that stage. He was there."

"He was right there, Annie. He was there... But talking about other things... Rita is not any better."

"Why do you say that? She was throwing up again?"

"No... but she was asking Zacky for ice cream of cherry and coffee."

"Ice cream of cherry and coffee?"

"I think Zacky did something he shouldn't do..."

"What do you mean, Bri?"

"Nothing, babygirl. Never mind! Let's sleep? I'm tired and tomorrow we have another trip to do... next stop: Madrid! "

"Okay, okay... but tomorrow you'll have to justify you."

"Sleep well, Annie Haner."

"In your arms, I'll sleep well, for sure, Synyster Gates."
Brian had some difficulties sleeping but finally both fell asleep. The alarm was set for 6:30 am but Annie woke at 6 am to go to the bathroom. Opening her eyes stumbles into Zacky, only with boxers, sitting in a chair looking at her. Annie rubbed her eyes to see better.

"Zacky? What are you doing here?"

"Rita is pregnant!"
Annie got a few seconds to look at Zacky absorbing those three words that had come out of Zacky's mouth. She got up and went running to the bathroom and Zacky was behind her. She went into the bathroom, closed the door and Zacky leaned against it. Annie came out shortly after and stared at the Zacky waiting for him to say something else.

"Annie, Rita is pregnant!"

"Did she the test?"

"No, she didn't. But I know she is pregnant. "

"I suspected a few times but she had said that..."

"Annie... Am I the father?"

"Are you kidding me? Of course you are the father!"

"Zacky is the father? You're pregnant of Zacky?" - Brian was awake and saw that Annie was not by his side. He had thought that perhaps Annie was preparing breakfast and he went to the bathroom to get ready. When he comes to the bathroom, he found Annie and Zacky talking about an alleged pregnancy.

"What? No, Brian! what the fuck? Zacky and I think Rita is pregnant and I don't know why Zacky has doubts that he is the father."

"Annie, I have no doubt that I am the father... but I'm confused!"

"Rita is pregnant? How did that happen?" - Brian asked with a big smile on his face.

"Would I even explain t you how it happened, Syn?" - Zacky said crossing his arms.

"No, it isn't necessary. Annie and I take care of it soon."

"Brian!" - Annie gives a little punch in the arm of Brian.

"Guys, can you give me a little attention? I'm gonna be a dad! And you have to help me convince Rita to go to the doctor."

"Of course we'll help you. I talk to her!" - Annie said while she washed her teeth.

"Thank you, Annie."

Zacky left the room and returned to his bedroom. When he was leaving the room, he saw Rita in the kitchen. Rita was there with the fridge open looking inside of it.

"There's nothing I can eat at this hotel!"

"Good morning, babe. What's going on?"

"Good morning, Z. There's nothing for me to eat."

"Are you talking about...? You have cereal in the cupboard, milk, yogurts here, eggs, bacon..."

"But I don't want nothing of that. I want... I want... I want rice!"

"Rice?"

"Yes, Zacky. I want rice! I want rice I don't know why."

"Didn't you know?"

"What do you mean, Zacky?"

"Rita... you are not well! For almost two months you're always throwing up, you are always hungry, you're always going to the bathroom... "

"Zacky, I'm not sick!"

"Sure you're not sick. You're pregnant!"

"I'm what?"

"Rita, of course you're pregnant. You have all the pregnancy symptoms, including pain in the breasts, your belly is harder and a little more... "

"Are you saying I'm fat?" - Rita panics and starts to cry.

"No, I'm not. I'm saying that you are pregnant. Please Rita, don't cry!" - Zacky hugs Rita and gives her little kisses on the forehead. - "See? Another symptom. You are more sensitive."

"Did I really am pregnant?"

"How about we go to the doctor when we get to Madrid?"

"No, no, no. You won't wait until we get to Madrid. Brian and I go now to a pharmacy to buy a pregnancy test." - Annie said as she comes into the kitchen along with Brian.

"No, sis. I will not do any test!"

"You'll do a pregnancy test because if you don't know it's not advisable for a pregnant woman travel in an airplane"

"And the test was going to change something?"

"Sure, Rita. I don't want anything to happen to my son or you." - Zacky said, showing concern.

"Rita, I'll buy the test, don't worry. Brian, can we go?"

"Come on! We'll be uncles, Annie! It's so fucking amazing!"

"It will be a girl!"

"Girl? It will be a boy to be a great guitarist like Uncle Gates. "
Annie and Brian left the hotel room and went to the pharmacy that was in a street near the hotel.
Brian went with a hat and sunglasses so as not to be recognized. But that didn't stop the worst happens up.
They came into the pharmacy and are quickly met. Annie comes to the front and asks for a pregnancy test. A man stood behind them. He had a photographic machine around his neck and to hear the request of Annie, he retreated and left the pharmacy.

"Media will love it. Synyster Gates impregnates another woman after broke up with Michelle." - Said the man taking on his camera and photographing the couple.