A Million Nights

Maybe this could be the end!

“Rita? Where are you?”

“She’s in the bedroom.” – Zacky said without looking at Annie and Brian, getting up of the couch. He was very nervous. He was paled and it was visible that he was trembling a lot.

“Did she take her breakfast already?” – Annie asked.

“No, she didn’t. She’s waiting for you because of… the test…”

“Okay! I’m coming… to the bedroom! God, I’m so nervous!” – Annie left the ‘living room’ and went to the bedroom where Rita was.
Brian approached to Zacky and sat next to him on the couch. He was standing at Zacky for a while.

“I was happy with the idea of become a dad but…”

“I’m sure you will be a great father, Zacky. Don’t worry!”

“Syn, you know me, right? I’m… Do you thing I’m prepared to be father? Do you thing that my life let me be a good father?”

“Bro, do you love Rita?”

“Of course I love her! She is… she’s everything to me!”

“And she loves you, right? I’m sure you will be a great father. It won’t be easy. We’re always travelling in tours but I’m sure you both will be very happy and this baby will have the best parents ever.”

“You’re right, man. And… I always want to be dad so…”

“And if she’s not pregnant?”

“Fuck you, Gates! She’s pregnant. I know it!”

“Calm down, man. She’s pregnant. Rita is pregnant!”

*** Rita’s POV ***

“I can’t do this, Annie.”

“Yes you can. You have to do this test, Rita. Come on. I’m here with you or do you prefer Zacky here? I can call him!”

“No, no. no. Don’t call him… I’ll do it.”

“Let’s do it!”

I took out the pregnancy test of Annie's hand and I went to the toilet. Some minutes later and I didn’t say a word. I couldn’t believe in what I was seeing. Annie start to become very nervous and I can imagine her walking through a corner of the bathroom to the other but I feel her approached to the door.

“Rita? Is everything okay?” – I didn’t replied and Annie insisted again. – “Rita? Please talk to me. Are you okay? If you still like this I will… I will break the door! I’ll count to three… if you don’t go out of there I’ll break the fucking door.” – Annie wait some seconds to me say something but I couldn’t say a word. – “Okay. One, two, two and half…” – I decided to went out of the toilet and I couldn’t help my eyes full of tears.

“I’ll be mum! I’m pregnant!” – I told her with a big smile on my face and I hug Annie. Annie didn’t say a word. She hugged me tightly until her tears began to run down her face.

“Oh my God! I don’t have words… you’ll be mum!”

“I’m so happy, Annie. I always said I won’t to be mother because I thought I wouldn’t be a good mother but… I can’t explain to you how I’m feeling… I have a baby inside of me. I have something beautiful inside of me… something that Zacky and I did. He or she is fruit of our love and I don’t know how to explain how much this is fantastic.”

“I can imagine that, sis! I’m so happy for you. My God! You’re pregnant! Let’s go… we have to tell it to Zacky! He’ll be so happy. Come on!”

“Wait. I have another thing to tell you.”

“Okay… I’m ready!”

“The test you bought me is those which say the time of pregnancy and... I am 2 months pregnant.”

“No way! 2 mouth? Oh my God, I’m so happy! 2 mouth… Jesus Christ! We have to go, Rita, I can’t help it but I wanna see you telling this to Zacky.”

“Will he be happy with the baby?”

“Of course, he will. I’m sure. You should see the glow in his eyes when he told me that he thought you were pregnant…”

I was so happy with the new. I’m pregnant! My God! I never thought in become pregnant too soon. I mean, I’m 25 years old but I’m dating Zacky for 2 mouths and... 2 mouths? That means it probably happened that night Zacky and I drank a lot... our first night together!
I started to become very nervous and when Annie and I went out of the bedroom, Zacky and Brian were sitting on the couch of the living room. Tay and Veronica were in the kitchen taking the breakfast. When Zacky saw me, he got up of the couch and went next to me. Annie went next to Brian with a big smile on her face and Brian understood the reason of that and he smile too.

“Babe… we will have a baby?”

“Zacky… let’s go to the living room.”

I decided to tell to all the group so I called them to the living room. All of them sat on the couch. I looked at all of them and fixed my eyes to Zacky. Zacky was very nervous. More than me. I saw his eyes full of tears and I can’t wait more time to tell him I’m pregnant.

“Well… I don’t know if all of you notice that I'm a bit weird in the last two months.”

“Yeah!” – All the group said.

“Oh great! Well, this morning I was looking inside of the fridge, looking for something to eat and I feel a great desire of rice. Please… I know it’s very weird and you want to talk but let me finish… so, Zacky approached to me and tell me that I’m pregnant. I couldn’t believe it but Annie and Brian were bought a pregnancy test… I did it already.”

“Please Rita… stop with this fucking conversation and tell me you’re…”

“I’m pregnant, Zacky!” – Zacky got out of the couch and went next to me, taking my hands. The entire group looked at her with an amazed look.

“You’re… you’re pregnant?”

“Yes, Zacky. We’ll have a baby! And do you know when this happened?”

“My God! When?”

“Our first night. That night we were drunks…”

“I can’t believe it! I’m so happy, baby! I mean, my babies!” – Zacky hugged me tightly and kissed me passionately!
The entire group became very happy with the news. They hugged us and the girls were very happy for me. We all take the breakfast and he left the hotel and then we drove till the airport. Annie was always reminding me I had to go to the hospital when we arrived to Madrid.

“I can’t believe Zacky will be father!” – Brian said to Annie looking at me and then at Zacky, putting his hand on Zac’s leg.

“Neither me, dude. Neither me. I had my suspicious but I never told anyone but today I just woke up and I thought in talk with Annie about that. I don’t know why but I just thought in Annie when I woke up.”

“Too late, Z. You’ll be father. You don’t have any change with me. Sorry!” – Annie said, kidding.

“What the hell? Annie, you’re my fiancée. If Rita weren’t pregnant… have you a crush for Zacky?”

“Hell no! Zacky is a beautiful and sexy boy, I can’t deny it but he’s my brother-in-law…”

“That’s right, Annie!” –Zacky said giving a kiss on Annie’s cheek.

“And… Thanks Zacky! Like I was saying… and you, Brian, you’re my sexy future husband who I really love so so so much!”

“Yeah, yeah… you’re very smart, Miss Annie!”
We all laughed because Brian began pouting till his phone started ringing.

“Hey dad, what’s up?”

“Annie is pregnant?”

“What? Pregnant? No, I guess. Annie, are you pregnant too?” – Brian asked Annie with a big smile on his face.

“Pregnant? No. The only woman pregnant here is Rita!”

“Brian, I’m talking serious!” – Papa Gates started screaming on the phone.

“No, dad. Annie’s not pregnant. Rita is. But… why are you asking this? What’s wrong?”

“Brian, I don’t know what’s going on with you but a journalist came here asking me who is your new girlfriend and he talked about a pregnancy. He showed me a photo of you two in a pharmacy.”

“Okay… And?”

“And? AND? Brian, you have your own life but Avenged Sevenfold never live scandals neither big rumors. I love Annie. I love her a lot but you have to be careful now because media are watching you. All of you are single and Michelle’s situation doesn’t help.”

“Dad, calm down, okay? I know all that. You’re right. That fucking journalist only have the photo, right?”

“Yeah…”

“So, fuck this shit! Say something funny like you usually do and… I’ll take care of this, okay?”

“Brian, Brian… well, Rita is pregnant, uh? Rita is Annie’ sister?”

“yes, she is. Zacky’s girlfriend.”

“Let me talk with him!”

“Okay, dad. Tell Mac I miss her a lot.” – Brian looked at Zacky and gave him his phone. – “Good luck, man.”

“What are you talking about?” – Zacky asked Brian looking at him with a confuse look. – “Hey Papa Gates! What’s up?”

“CONGRATULATIONS, ZACHARY! Are you ready to your new life?”

“Thanks man. Well, I have to. But… I’m really happy with the baby, you know?”

“I’m sure you are. Give a hug to Rita for me. Well, Johnny and Tay? Did they assume their big secret relationship already?”

“Not at all, Haner. You know, Johnny is completely in love with Tay!”

“Shut the fuck up!” – Johnny and Tay said giving a pouch in Zacky’s back.

“Ahahah! I see. Well, Zacky have a nice travel to Madrid. Say hello for me to the guys and give a kiss for me to the girls.”

“Papa Gates is saying HELLO!”

“HELLO PAPA GATES!” – We all said ‘Hello’ to him (yeah, I know it’s stupid but we said hello instead t say goodbye!)

Zacky hung up the phone call and we were already on the airport.
We arrived to Madrid at 12:30pm. We went to the hotel to lunch. The band would have a interview at 15:00pm about the tour and about the new album ‘Nightmare’.

*** Annie’s POV ***

“Brian? Brian? BRIAN?”

“WHAT?”

“What are you doing? Are you crazy?”

“ANNIE… Wow, Annie! I really need your help!”

“Are you kidding me, right? I hope you won’t to ask me to tidy up all your clothes!”

“No. I’ll tidy up this later. I need your help. I don’t know what to wear to the interview.”

“Oh God… I forgot you’re Synyster Gates!”

“So funny, my babygirl! Can you help me or not? If you don’t help me I’ll go naked…”

“You what?” – I run next to Brian and I jump to him. He grabbed me and we fell in that bed full of ‘Syn Gates’ clothes.

“You’re so lucky, Annie!”

“I know! I’m the luckiest girl in the earth because I have the best boy… the best fiancé ever!” – Brian gave me a big kiss on my lips and then he began to lick all my face. – “Bri, please stop it!”

“No, I can’t stop. I just can’t stop loving you!”

“Yeah, Brian. Good way to show me how much you love me. You could show me in different ways.”

“Oh really? How?”

“Like… I don’t know! Surprise me!”

“I don’t have much time and I need to choose something to wear so… I’ll do a strip tease to you!”

“What? A strip tease? To show me how much you love me? And to choose what you’ll wear to the interview?”

“Annie, listen to me! I never did a strip tease before. You’re the first one seeing me doing it and you’ll be the only one seeing it. So I’m showing you how much I love you. And I’ll be starting with a strip and then I’ll wear some clothes and you’ll give me your opinion.”

“Oh babe… I can’t!”

“Why?”

“I can help you, of course but the strip tease…” – That idea could be great if Brian didn’t have just an hour to wear himself and leave the hotel. – “Do you think I can resist you?”

“You’re right, babygirl. I’m irresistible!”

“Yes, you are, Gates! Now, let’s see what you have here!”

Brian and I started a big fight with his clothes. 15 or 20 minutes later, he was ready to go.
Zacky was very excited but not with the interview but with the news of being a father. He and Rita hugged each other and loved see Zacky putting his hand in Rita’s belly, fondle it, like he was saying goodbye to the baby.
Tay and Johnny disappeared but I bet Tay would go to wish luck to Johnny in a very ‘romantic’ way.

“I’m sure Zacky will talk about the news in the interview.” - Brian said, grabbing me for behind and putting his hands on my belly.

“About the baby?”

“Yes. But we will another subject to talk about.”

“My pregnancy, right?”

“Yeah. Your pregnancy! Well babygirl, I have to go… Thanks for the help. I love you!”

“I love you too, Syn. Good luck!”

*** Third’s POV ***

Avenged Sevenfold would have an interview in live on a TV Spanish Channel. They arrived to the studio and quickly they bring together with the guy who will do the interview. They started talking about the questions and 15 minutes later the interview started.

“¡Hola! ¿Qué tal están hoy? Yo soy Paco y hoy tenemos aquí con nosotros unos convidados muy especiales, una de las mejores bandas de Rock: Avenged Sevenfold! La banda está en tour en la Europa y el primer concierto fue en Londres anoche y fue un concierto absolutamente fantástico y lleno de emociones fuertes. Fue el primer concierto sin uno de los mejores bateristas del mundo: The Rev. Hello guys, welcome to our program.”

“Thanks, man!”

“So guys, first of all I want to congratulate all of you for the awesome show last night in London!”

“Thank you. And thanks to all the fans. Without them it would be very very very difficult but they showed us all their support and love. They really miss The Rev. He was a wonderful drummer, a wonderful musician and without him Avenged Sevenfold would be nothing. I’m saying this because Jimmy is still with us, not physically but in our heart.” – Matt said.

“It’s very difficult live without one of our best friends. But I’m sure Jimmy won’t be forgotten for you and for the fans.” – Zacky said.

“You also are having the help of Mike Portnoy.”

“It’s true. He is being amazing with us and he is essential in this tour and in the ‘Nightmare’ album. He’s always saying he is doing this in memory of one of his idols and this is very important to us.” – Johnny said.

“By the way, since Jimmy’s death, your life changed completely…”

“For sure!” – Brian said with a smile on his lips.

“We can start with you, Gates. What happened with Michelle?”

“I don’t talk about my personal life but nothing lasts forever. It’s normal.”

“But she was arrested!”

“Yeah. I was arrested too in past for being drunk, you know?”

“Me too, dude. Me too. But a paparazzi took a photo of you…”

“Stupid paparazzi!” – Brian said joking, making all laugh!

“He took a photo of you with a girl…”

“With Annie!”

“Who’s Annie?”

“Annie is the woman of my life. She’s really important to me and I love her with all my heart.”

“Ladies and Gentleman, Synyster Gates!” – Zacky said making fun of Brian.

“Yeah, I’m such a romantic!”

“But about the photo… the paparazzi said you and this girl, Annie, was in a pharmacy buying a pregnancy test. Is she pregnant?”

“If we were buying a pregnancy test…”

“Well girl, it seems Synyster Gates will be father!”

“Yeah, someday!”

“He isn’t the only one!” – Zacky said giving a pouch in Brian’s harm.

“Wow, Zacky Vengeance will be father too?”

“Yeah! I find it out this morning. He or she will be the first little avenger.”

“Congratulations, dude. Congratulations to you too, Gates!”

“Thank you!” – Matt and Johnny were laughing a lot, almost laughing themselves to tears because of Brian. He was being very convincing.

“And you, Shadows? How’s going your life?”

“Veronica… Veronica…” – Brian said with a joke tone.

“Veronica is a good friend of mine and I love her very much but she’s is just that. A friend. But Johnny…”

“Johnny, talk me about that!”

“All I can say is: this interview seems like an Oprah’s ones!” – Everybody laughed. – “I’m single too.”

“Tell the truth, Johnny Christ!” – Zacky and Brian said looking at Johnny with killer eyes.

“Stop! Okay… I meet a very special person. She’s Tay but she’s not my girlfriend! I really love her and she’s very similar with me. She also has a pricked hair. She’s very beautiful, believe me!”

“I believe, Johnny. Now talking about work, tonight you’ll be on stage again. How will it be?”

“It will be difficult like the last one. It’s very sad to be on the stage without Jimmy. I don’t have words but this time we are more relax and prepared to do this. We felt the love of the kids and it was awesome, like shadows said before. We really love them. Thank you, guys!” – Brian said.

“And it was good to see the enclosure with thousands and thousands of people. I thought Jimmy’s death would do our fans forget us but it didn’t happen. They were amazing and I’m sure they will be great tonight.” – Zacky said.

“I’m your fan and I was in London and I’ll see you again tonight and I’m telling you: this album is absolutely amazing! It’s great! Good luck guys and thank you very much for this interview. Gracias a todos por asistir a otro programa y no faltes, esta noche, quien tiene las entradas, más un gran concierto de la magnífica banda: Avenged Sevenfold. ¡Hasta la vista!”

The program finished and Paco thanked the guys for the interview and then they went with the girls to the enclosure where the show would be.
The show was awesome, calmer than the first one. The next day, the band and the girls flied to Portugal.
Arriving to Lisbon, Rita and Zacky went to the hospital to be sure everything is okay with the baby. They were quickly assisted.

“Rita… então, segundo as tuas contas e o teste de gravidez, estás grávida de dois meses.”

“Sim. Penso que sim.”

“Mas como sabes é melhor fazer exames à urina e ao sangue. Vou já tirar sangue e tens aqui a caixinha para a urina.”

“A doutora vai-me fazer a ecografia?”

“Sim. Como vou ter os resultados daqui a pouco, podemos fazer a primeira ecografia daqui a pouco!” – Rita looked at Zacky and smiled.

“What is she saying?”

“She will take me blood and I have to piss in this… box… she will do all the necessary exam tests and then we will do our first echography!”

“Really? Will we see our baby?”

“Yes, you will. I didn’t know you don’t speak Portuguese. I’ll speak English from now!”

“Oh, thank you! I’m really excited with our baby!” – Zacky said looking at Rita.

“I know, I know. Rita, the toilet is there. I need your urine. Did you take the breakfast?”

“No. But I’m so hungry!” – Rita was to the toilet and some minutes later the doctor had the results of the exam tests.

“Well, well. It’s everything okay with you and you are really pregnant. Yeah! Are you ready to see your baby for the first time?”

“Sure!”

“So, please Rita lie down here.” – Rita lay down in the stretcher and Zacky sat next to her. – “I’ll put this gel in your belly. It’s a little bit cold!”

“Gosh!” – Rita screamed and made Zacky laugh.

“Now… we can see the baby!” – Rita and Zacky looked confused to the little screen. – “I know it’s a little…”

“It’s so weird… but in a wonderful way! Is it our baby?” – Zacky said with his big green eyes so open with curiosity.

“Can you see if it’s a boy or a girl?” – Rita asked never taking her eyes away of the screen.

“No. it’s too soon, Rita. But… here he or she is!” – The image started to be more focused and Rita and Zacky saw, for the first time, their little baby.
Rita began crying and the she looked at Zacky and he was already crying too.

“My God, Rita! It’s our baby!” – Rita smiled at Zacky and looked again to the screen.

“It’s everything okay with the baby but now we’ll hear his or her heart beat.”
Rita and Zacky heard the heart beat of their baby. That fast heart beat made Rita and Zacky stopped for some seconds but with so much feeling inside them, they cried even more. Zacky squeeze Rita’s hand and kiss it lots and lots of times with emotion. The doctor stopped the echography and cleaned Rita’s belly.

“Are you living here?”

“No. I’m living in California. We’re here on tour.”

“Wow. Do you have a band?”

“I have. Avenged Sevenfold. We’ll do the show tonight.” – Zacky answered, very excited.

“Yeah! I know you! My son loves you a lot. He’ll see you tonight.”

“Really? As you show me the best thing I have in life… Do you have a pen and a piece of paper?”

“Sure!” – The doctor gave a pen and a paper to Zacky and he wrote something there and gave it to her. – “‘Thanks to your mum for this! I’ll call you in the show tonight. See you soon! Zacky V.’ Thank you, Zacky!”

“You’re welcome. Thank to you! Really… I’m so so so happy! By the way, what’s your son name?”

“Duarte!”

“Du…”

“Duarte, Z. I’ll teach how to say it returning home. Thank you very much for all!”

“Good luck to the future! Oh! It’s very important to make an appointment with the doctor when you return to America.”

Rita and Zacky left the hospital and returned home. They are in a house Annie bough when she was studding in Lisbon. It was a very big house so all the guys staid there.
Brian, Johnny and Matt were in the living room making a trial, a little one, and talking about the stuff of the show.

Annie, Tay and Veronica were in the kitchen making the lunch or thinking about something to eat.

“Maybe we should order some food. Like Chinese or pizza…” – Veronica suggested while she was looking at the fridge.

“Yeah! I won’t cook to all this people! Are you crazy or what?” – Tay looked at Annie and she saw that something was wrong with her. – “Annie? ANNIE?”

“Uh? Wow, sure! Order some food, of course!” – Annie answered while she looked for the ‘Pizza Hut’ number. - “It should be here!”

“Annie? What happen?” – Tay approached to Annie and moved her closer putting her hands on Annie’s shoulders. – “You’re strange… weird!”

“What are you talking about?”

“You’re strange. You’re strange with Brian. Look at him. He’s sad because of you!” – Veronica said taking her phone to call to ‘Pizza Hut’.

“Because of me? I didn’t do anything!”
“Annie, Annie… when Zacky and Rita left, Brian tried to hug you but you run away from him saying you were tired and you would rest a bit. Come on! What happened?” – Tay said, sitting next to Annie.

“I don’t know… I love Brian! I really love him as everybody can see but… Rita’s pregnancy gave me some doubts…”

“Doubts? Doubts about Brian?”

“No, Tay. I look at Rita and… she’s dating Zacky at the same time as I’m dating Brian. 2 mouths and something… And she’s already pregnant. I think… It’s awesome but… Don’t you think it’s…”

“You don’t want to marry yet, do you?”

“I’m not ready to marry, Tay! I’m not ready and I’m afraid something going wrong…”

“But you love Brian…”

“I love Brian with all my heart and soul and I want to marry him but… but not now!”

“You should talk to him…”

“How will I tell Brian I don’t want to marry him yet?”

“It’s not necessary, Annie… You told me that already!”