A Million Nights

The Magic of Marriage (Part II)

After the ceremony, the newly married and the guests drove towards the place where would be the reception but Annie and Brian stood there on the ‘church’. It was the opportunity they had to hug each other. Brian walked towards Annie while she was fixing her dress. Rita told her she was leaving with Zacky, Veronica and Matt and asked her if she wanted a drive.

“It’s not necessary, Rita. Annie and I go together.” – Brian said putting an arm around Zacky’s shoulders. Annie looked at Rita and showed her a naughty smile. Everybody understood what would go to happen so they left the room and Annie and Brian stayed alone there. Brian held Annie’s hand and she hugged her tightly.

“I miss you so much!”

“I miss you too, babygirl. It was so difficult to me being there in front of you without being able to hold you and kiss you.”

“It was very very difficult. But now, finally, you’re just mine!”

“And we’re in the presence of God…”

“No, Brian. I’m not talking about this.”

“Alright… we better get going.”

“Yeah. Just one more kiss.” – Brian put his hand around Annie’s waist and gave her a very deep kiss. He started to push her against his body and his hands went through her back from the shoulders to the bottom of her back. Annie’s hands travelled towards his neck and the kiss became even deeper. – “Bri, we gotta go.”

“I don’t wanna go!”

“But I’m hungry.”

“We can deal with…” – Annie moved away from Brian, took her bridal bag while she looked at Brian with a beautiful smile. He looked away from her and took a deep breath with (sex) frustration. Annie went back next him, put her hand on his pocket and took out his car keys and left the room again but this time, Brian went with her. They got into the car and drove towards the reception room. Arriving there, they were surprised for Brian’s family and Annie’s family. They were all together on the same table and Annie and Brian went to the newlyweds' table where the Tay and Johnny already were with Chris, Veronica, Matt, Rita and Zacky. The first course was served and moments later Chris stood up, hitting with a fork in the cup to draw the attention of all the guests.

“Please everybody, can I have your attention, please.” – Everybody looked at him and now it was the speech time. – “Well, I’m so proud to be here today with all of you. To be here today on Tay and Johnny’s weeding. I know Johnny and the boys for a long time ago. For who doesn’t really know Johnny, people can say is a very calm guy, the quietest guy of the group. Well, they’re wrong. But honestly, I never thought Johnny would marry with a woman like Tay. I love work with Tay. She’s an awesome girl, very talent and very very crazy, in a good way, of course. She’s completely different from Johnny. However, they were one of the perfect couple ever. So, I propose a toast to the newlyweds! To Johnny and Tay!”

“To Johnny and Tay!” – Everyone stood up and raised their glasses to toast.

“I wish you guys the best.”

“Thank you, boss.” - Tay said, with her eyes full of tears while Johnny held her hand and kissed it. Tay leaned her head over Johnny’s shoulder and now Katie, Jimmy’s sister, stoop up and everybody knew it would be a very sad speech. It was a very happy day but there’s one thing that let everybody down, especially Johnny and the guys.

“For who don’t know me, I’m Katie, Jimmy’s sister. I became very happy and proud when Johnny invited me to be his maid of honor. I know how much you wanted to have Jimmy here celebrating the marriage of Tay and Johnny. Actually, he’s here. He’s here and I’m sure he’s very happy to you, Johnny. My brother always had a special connection with Johnny. I remember Johnny’s parents going to my house to talk with my parents about the way Jimmy frightened Johnny in kindergarten. Their relationship always was like that. Fighting with each other. But, from the bottom of his heart, Jimmy loved Johnny in the same way he loved Brian, Matt or Zacky. And the prove of this is Tay. I don’t know Tay very well but all I had seen till now is, and I have to confess it made me feel very emotional, I looked at Tay and I saw the female version of my brother. Believe me, Tay. You have no idea how much you have in common with my brother. And it makes me feel very happy because you bring his happiness with you even you didn’t have the opportunity to meet my brother. I’m sure you’ll be very happy together and my brother, wherever he is, is very proud to you two. I love you both and I’m wishing you the best.”

“Thank you, Katie. It’s very important to me, and of course, to Tay, your present here. We all know Jimmy is always with us. Like he said, he took a piece of us with him but he also let a piece of him with us. This is the happiest day of my life but I’m not completely happy. I’m feeling empty, actually. It has been very difficult to us living without Jimmy near us. It’s very hard in our day by day but in this kind of celebration it’s even more difficult to us. But, apart, we feel him every day and we know he’s protecting us always and forever. So, I invite all of you to do a toast to our good friend Jimmy Sullivan.” – Johnny got up, helping Tay with her dress. They took their glasses and rose their glasses one more time to do a toast. This time everybody was almost crying. Talking about Jimmy was a very sensitive subject yet. After the toast, everybody started to applaud in memory of Jimmy. Johnny, Matt, Brian and Zacky hugged each other, making a circle. They leaned their heads and stood for a few moments like that. Nobody knew what they told to each other but, honestly, nobody wanted to know, or rather, everyone knew it was a moment for them. A moment between them and Jimmy. they returned to their sits and after Johnny’s family, Tay’s family and the group’s speeches, it was Brian and Annie’s turn. They got up of the chair, Brian took his glass and Annie walked towards the stage where the musicians were.

“It’s everything ready?” – Annie murmured to the bandmaster and he said yes nodding his head. A young boy brought a chair and put it in the middle of the stage where also was a classic guitar. Brian approached near Annie, fastening the buttons of his Tuxedo jacket, and she, looking at him with a sexy look, said something on his ear.

“You look so fucking sexy when you’re trying being serious.” – He was very embarrassed, without knowing what to say. His cheeks were like two red tomatoes and everybody started laughing. Annie approached Brian, trying to hide an innocent smile. Brian looked at her, looked at the guests and then he looked again to Annie.

“You have no idea what is going to happen with you.”

“The bathroom is back there.”

“Annie, stop!”

“I’ll stop just because everybody is looking at us like if we’re insane.”

“Thank God! I’m almost losing my mind.”

“I’m waiting for you to lose it.”

“Annie, please. I don’t wanna rape you here in front of these people.”

“Neither do I. So, start talking.” – Brian started to feel a little weird and Annie understood that. Her eyes moved to Brian’s pants but quickly he put his hands, holding them, in front of that special place. Annie was staring at Brian and he became laughing, trying not look at Annie. After a few moments of concentration, Brian started his speech.

“I apologize for the delay but Annie and I had a situation here and... we were just having some difficulties to deal with it, but finally everything's okay.” – everyone who was in the room understood what was the situation and they started laughing, including Annie.

“Believe me, it’s a very huge problem!” – Everybody laughed even more.

“Annie!”

“What? Will you deny it?”

“No, but…” – Brian started murmuring. – “Why are you still teasing me?”

“I’m not teasing you! I’m just… I miss you, okay? I can’t control my mind when it’s saying me to rape you!”

“I swear to God, babygirl. if you’re still saying this, I’ll bring you with me to nowhere and…”

“Hey, sis! Johnny and I are waiting. Come on! We don’t wanna see you rape each other on my stage!” – Tay yelled and finally Brian and Annie got ready to started talking.

“Well, Annie and I prepared a little speech to you guys. It’s something simple but every single word which is in the piece of paper has true feelings and its meaning comes from the bottom of our hearts, especially for you two.” – Brian took a paper from his coat pocket and unfolded it. – “Johnny, you’re the one of my best friends. Everyone knows that. But, there are things that just we, the group, know. When Jimmy passed away, we all became even closer. After Jimmy’s dead, bad things started to happen to all of us. Every single day was a different bad thing. But there was one particular day that changed the lives of all of us. The day I met the woman who is here beside me. This woman, Annie, became my best friend, the love of my life in just a few hours. There was something between us that till today we can't explain. We didn't give the telephone number or address to each other, nothing. We only knew the name of each other. We decided if we would return to find each other again, destiny would handle it. And it happened. The next day, we met ourselves in the same place, at same time. A restaurant near the mall. It was there Zacky met Rita. And now, they're waiting little Kelly. The next day, Johnny called me asking for help. I won't talk about the reasons that led him to this. It’s a personal matter and despite everyone knowing what happened, I'd rather not talk about it. Anyway, Johnny was so stressed that he decided to get a tattoo. I went with him to Chris' store and who was there? Annie and Tay. I don't believe in these things and I'm always denying it but... some people, like Annie, believe it was destiny!”

“Liar!” – Annie, Tay, Veronica and Rita said at the same time. Everyone started laughing harder. Brian just laughed and looked at Annie and put his arm around her waist.

“Forgetting what these beautiful ladies said… you all know I don’t like Tay, neither Tay likes me. But… if any of you ask me who would be the perfect woman to Johnny… I have no doubts I would say: Tay. They complete each other and I’m able to say I never saw Johnny so happy as he is. During this last two months, we were on tour. Johnny never was so excited to come back home. He was very nervous, it’s true but every time he talked with Tay on the phone, every time we were preparing the things to the wedding… he seemed a girl. Really. This marriage… I believe this is the first time Johnny have no doubts about something. Nothing lasts forever, it’s a fact but… you guys take the risk and you both believe in your love from each other so… I’m sure you’ll be very happy today, tomorrow and till the end of your lives. I love you guys.” – Johnny and Tay got up of the chairs and walked towards the stage and hugged Brian. Tay was crying like a little baby. Annie looked at her in a weird and surprised way because she never saw Tay acting like this.

“I really hate you, Brian. But I also believe you’re the right person to Annie. Thank you!” – Tay said putting her arms around Brian and leaning her head on his chest.

“Oh! I hate you too, Tay. From the bottom of my heart!”

“Asshole!”

“Bitch!” - After some insults between Brian and Tay, she moved away from him and walked towards Annie. Then, Johnny hugged tightly Brian.

“Thanks man. You’ve been being a very good friend.”

“Thanks to you, Johnny. We’re brothers, remember?”

“I know bro. Forever.”

“Forever.” – They hugged each other again and everybody started applauding once again. Brian walked towards the microphone, putting one arms around Tay’s shoulders and the other one around Johnny’s shoulders. – “Please, ladies and gentlemen. Now, it’s Annie’s turn and she has an amazing surprise to the newlyweds. I ask for your attention to listen to the voice of this wonderful princess.” – Brian, Tay and Johnny left the stage and now all eyes were on Annie. She began to feel very nervous and started looking at everyone who was in front of her until she found Brian's eyes.

"You can do this!" - He said, whispering. She took a deep breath and started her speech.

“I’m so nervous right now… it’s seems I’m not a teacher who deals with lots of people in front of her every day.”

“You can do this, Annie!” – Brian’s dad yelled in the middle of the room, leaning on the table with the support of Mac cheering while showing a big smile to Annie. Annie feeling the support of their 'future' family looked at the piece of paper she had in her hands and looked back at the guests.

“Thank you, guys. Like Brian said, everything started with us. And I’m very proud of that. But what made me so proud of being here was that I always believe in your love. You guys always deny you were falling in love. It was just… good times, right Tay?” - Tay looked at Annie and said yes nodding her head while Johnny gave her a kiss on her cheek. – “good times like make love on a phone booth, being arrested, make love on the jail… well, just good times! But… what Johnny never knew was that Tay always loves him. When she met the work of Avenged Sevenfold, she fell in love with Johnny. She didn’t know him as she knows him now but… she really sighed for him all the time. Now, I see my crazier friend marry Johnny Christ, her idol. And it’s one of the most wonderful feelings on the Earth. I’m truly happy for you two, guys. Well, but now, I have to confess one thing. I've been searching something in the middle of your things, Tay, and I found a letter you wrote to Johnny before getting to know him.”

“YOU WHAT? I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU!”- Tay yelled.

“I know, Tay. But first of all, I have to marry Brian.” – Saying this, Brian looked deeply at Annie, with a very serious look. She looked at him too and she showed him a lovely smile. He didn’t react for a seconds. Johnny put his hand on Brian’s shoulder.

“Is she being serious?”

“What do you think, Gates?”

“I hope she is. I love her so much and if this time she’s really talking serious I can die now because I’ll die happy.”

“We’ll see when I throw the bouquet!” – Tay said.

“I am hopeful this bouquet fall in love with me. But anyway, like I was saying, I found a piece of paper which was a lyrics or something on it. I gave it a title: ‘You’ and I do a song with it. I hope you guys like it.” – Annie walked towards the chair, sitting on it and took the guitar. So, she started singing.

‘You don’t want me, no
You don’t need me.
Like I want you, no
Like I need you.
And I want you in my life.
And I need you in my life.
You can’t see me, no.
Like I see you.
I can’t have you, no.
Like you have me.
And I want you in my life.
And I need you in my life.
Love, love, love.
Love, love, love.
You can’t feel me, no
Like I feel you.
I can’t steal you, no
Like you stool me.
And I want you in my life.
And I need you in my life.’

When Annie finished the song, she looked at Tay and Tay started running towards her and almost crushed Annie against her body. – “You’re my best friend ever, Annie. I love you so much!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Song that Annie sings: 'You' bu The Pretty Reckless.