A Million Nights

It was too good!

“Michelle? What do you want?”

“We have to talk Brian! You know I love you more than everything!”

“No, you don’t! Leave me alone, Michelle. I’m trying to move on. Do the same!”

“And do not hang up the phone on my face!”

“What will you do?”

“If you don’t come back to me I’ll do everything to my sister leave Matt!”

“What? Are you insane? You can’t do this!”

“Bitch! She hung up!”

“What’s wrong, Syn?”

“I can believe it! Johnny, Michelle called me saying if I didn’t come back to her that she will be everything to Val break up with Matt!”

“You have to talk with Matt, dude.”

“Let me tell you… this girl is crazier than me!”

“Tay! Shut up! It’s not your business!”

“But it’s yours. That bitch wants to ruin your relationship (or future relationship) with Brian. You should do something.”

“Tay is right! In the bar, when Rita and Zacky arrived the bar, Val became suspicious when she saw that you were not there. She did not say much all night long and she was always arguing with Matt.”

“You’re right, guys! I just know that she will ruin the relationship of Matt. and I don't want it."

"Brian maybe its better we move away from each other for a while. I won't be a problem for you. Tay, let's go.

"Annie, don't! Don't do that. I'll talk with Matt and Val. we don't have to move away to each other!”

"Brian. I don't wanna do it but it's the best for us. And for Val and Matt. Call me when everything goes well. Come on, Tay."

"Annie, don't do this to me."

"Bye, Brian. Nice to meet you, Johnny. See you around."
Annie took the hand of Tay and left the cafe almost running. She had her eyes full of tears and she was about to explode. On the other hand, Brian and Johnny were still in the bar.

"Why? Why that bitch didn't leave me alone!"

"Syn you have to talk with Matt. Don't let Michelle do shit Matt's relation and much less, don't let her move away Annie from you."

"She won't do it. I'll talk to Matt. Do you come with me?"

"Sure!"

Brian rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door. Until Matt appeared.

"Hey guys. Please, come in."

"Matt, I know it's not the best time but I need to talk with you and Val"

"You are the worst friend ever, Brian! You should have shame on your face. What are you doing here?"

"Val, I have no idea what are you talking about. But I came here to talk with you about your sister."

"To talk about my sister? How could you? You broke with her because you're in love with me and you have the nerve to come here..."

"Hey, hey! I'm in love with you? You know exactly why I broke with her. Who tell you this bullshit?

"Michelle came here last night and she said that you're in love with Val."

"Matt you know she's lying."

"I'm trying to say that to Val but she doesn't hear me."

"My sister is not a liar."

"Val, Brian is saying the true..."

"Shut up, Johnny! It's not your business!"

"I won't shut up till you hear what I have to say. Syn and I went to a bar with his two friends. And he
is in love with one of them. Your dear sister called him to say that if he wouldn't go back to her that she would do everything to Matt brake up with you!"

"I don't believe in every single word that you are saying!"

"It's enough, Val. I'm sick of this. Brian is innocent. Brian isn't in love with you, ok? And you know that! If you wanna believe in your crazy sister, ok! Believe in her. But I won't turn my back to one of my best friends. You can't do it because I know he's innocent!"

“Wow, are you choosing your friend instead of choose me? I’m getting out of here!”

“Val, don’t do that! It’s what you sister wants to. Matt loves you a lot. You know she’s wrong!”

“No, she doesn’t! My sister never lied to me! NEVER!”
Val left the house running and slamming the door with all the strength she had. Matt sat on the couch putting his hands above his head. Brian and Johnny joined to him. They were all quietly waiting for someone to break the silence.

"So, Gates. Who is she?"

"What?"

"Johnny said that you're in love with a friend of yours. Who is she?"

"She's hot!"

"Shut the fuck up, Johnny! I told you she's mine!"

Brian told the whole story to Matt: how he met Annie, their night at Jimmy's house and all the confusion that was in the bar after the phone call from Michelle.

“Where is her house? I’ll talk with her!”

“What? Matt, it’s me who has to solve this.”

“Syn, she’s a woman. She won’t change her mind!”

“Matt is right! Syn let him talk to her. Maybe Matt can help you. Come on!”

“Ok. She lives near the bitch. Do you know where is that store where…”

Brian explained to Matt where Annie’s house was. He got into the car and drove up there. He got out of the car and rang the bell. But who opened the door was Veronica.

“Oh my God!”

“Hey… are you Annie?”

“Matt, come in!” - Rita appears behind Veronica and opens the door to Matt get inside the house.

“I’m looking for Annie!”

“Wow, Annie went to the beach. She was very sad. But I don’t know what happened!”

“Ok… I’ll look for her on the beach! Thanks. By the way, you are…”

“I’m Veronica.”

“Nice to meet you, Veronica. See you around, girls!”

Matt closed the door and went to the beach. As it was near, he was on foot. He came close to the beach and saw that there wasn't a lot of people. He looked around and saw a girl near the caves playing guitar.

"Should be her!" - He walked over and he sat beside her. - "You have a beautiful voice. Brian was right!"

"Matt? What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you. We have to talk!"

"About?"

"We have to talk about what happened in that bar."

"Look, I don't wanna talk about it. I don't get in trouble, much less with you and Val."

"But, it's not your problem. It's Michelle's problem. She’s crazy. I don't know what's wrong with her but you don't have to move away of Brian. He likes you a lot!"

"But Michelle said..."

"Annie, if Val really loves me, she won't let her sister ruin our marriage!"

"I'm sure she loves you!"

"I have my doubts. Michelle came to my house last night saying that Brian broke with her because he's in love with Val!"

"What? This is a lie!"

"But Val believes in her sister. ‘She never lied to me!'"

"I'm so sorry!"

"That's ok. I just want that you don't move away for Brian. If you'll do that, he'll die inside. Believe in me."

"Thanks for all, Matt!

Annie hugged Matt and he gave her a kiss on her cheek. They stayed a little longer at the beach singing together and talking about Brian.
It was already 7 pm. apparently they were alone on the beach. But they weren't. They weren't alone. Michelle was there, taking pictures of Matt and Annie.

"Well, Val! You're gonna have a little surprise!" - Michelle left the beach and Annie and Matt were alone.

“It’s already getting dark and I still have to prepare lessons tomorrow. Thank you for everything Matt. you are a good friend!"

"I'll go with you. I left my car next to your house."

Annie and Matt returned to her house. When they reached, they said goodbye and she went into her house.

"But are dating with Gates or Shadows?"

"I'm not dating with anybody! Now, excuse me girls but I'll go to my bedroom!"

“What's up with her?”

"A long story! Wow, I met Brian and Johnny today! Johnny is so funny! He could be smaller!"

"Tay, come on! You always loved Johnny!"

"Jesus Chr... I mean! Johnny Christ! Me? In love with little Johnny? Don't tell me!"

Annie was already in her room. she sat up in bed with her mobile phone in her hands wondering if should call Brian or not.
But her phone started ringing. and she didn't hesitate to answer!

"Hi, Brian!"

"Hey, little girl!"

"Matt came to talk to me about you!"

"Oh my God! And what is your decision? Won’t you leave me, do you?"

"Brian, don't pout!"

"I'm not pouting! I'm wishing you here with me!