Sequel: Oh, Catastrophe
Status: 6/1/2013 Completed.

Immaculate Misconceptions

Final Act; Act Eighteen: It is Finished.

“Freeze! FBI! Don’t move!”

The words came slow and took a moment for Chris to register. He wasn’t sure why everything seemed like it was in slow motion but those simple words made his heart flutter. Perhaps, if he were to die today, he wouldn’t have to die alone.
Taking a long painful breath, he worked up the strength to lift on his head once more; opening his swollen eyes in attempt to focus on the several figures hidden within the brush. 2 officers pointed their weapons directly at Blue Jeans and behind them lay 3 more timid figures clad in black clothes. His lips twitched in a pathetic smile, those were his friend. But which ones? He wasn’t sure. But his friends were here and he wasn’t alone... He would’ve much preferred his death to have been witnessed completely differently but at this point he was just extremely grateful for his friends presence among these strangers.

Upon seeing the guns the crowd of people that had followed him here let out cries of surprise. Mothers clutched their children in fear and the men stepped forward to become a human shield around the women.

Blue Jeans let out a small laugh and gazed at the Officers and the group behind them with an eerie smile, “Welcome! Come to see the downfall of a Sinner?”
“I said Don’t Move!” The Officer repeated, “Put down the matches. We can all walk away from this without hurting anyway.”
Blue Jeans laughed even louder causing Chris’ head to thud, “Oh, I don’t believe this one would be walking anytime soon.” He spat on the ground and some members of the crowd even dared to chuckle.
“Come on man, we don’t want to shoot you.”
“We all know that you won’t because you can’t. There’s gasoline in the air gentlemen! No matter how big the space you’re close enough to set this whole area ablaze.”
“And what do you think that match is gonna do? Huh? Just a small flame can set off the fumes.”
“Ah, but it’ll be controlled.” He looked back at Chris with a small smile, “Well will you look at that. There actually ARE people who would want you to live. How... brave.”

The Officers knew they were running out of time so they quickly returned to negotiation mode,
“Let’s just talk this out ok? Nothing irrational.” He lowered his weapon while the other officer only let his hang loosely from his belt so at any moment he could grasp it once more, “I’m sure we can come to some sort of agreement ok?”
Blue Jeans watched them curiously, letting his arms fall to his sides. “What is your name?”
“I’m officer Michael and this is Officer Johnson.”
“Michael... A holy name.”
The Officer had to pause before nodded slowly in agreement, “My mother gave it to me. She was a good Christian women-”
“Then you understand what must be done.” Blue Jeans went back to strike the match but paused again.
“What’s your name!” The Officer called out.
There was silence and for a second it seemed like Blue Jeans was afraid to answer... “Thomas. Thomas Thatcher.”

Chris managed to groan, his body aching. So badly he just wanted this to end one way or another. He focused his blurry eyes on the ones he would recognize as his friends.
Angelo’s heart skipped a beat as they watched Chris. It seemed like he was focusing on him, Ricky, and Kuza.
“Chris! We’re here buddy! Everything’s gonna be alright!” Angelo yelled out.

Angelo. Angelo was here.
Chris felt himself sigh with some comfort. But he was still curious as to who else was around...

“I did not give you permission to address the sinner!” Thatcher snapped.
Angelo was about to reply when Officer Michael cut him off, “We apologize! We didn’t know we needed to ask.”
Thatcher inclined his head, “There’s no more negotiating here anymore.”
“Wait! Come on Thatcher, you can stop this all right now. We can strike a deal. Either way you’re going down.” Officer Michael’s jaw flexed. The tension could be cut with a knife. Even Ricky’s stomach began to churn uneasily.

Chris inhaled deeply, trying to stay conscious as he was being drained. He felt so useless in this situation... He had to do something. Yet all he could do was stare at Angelo.
And Angelo stared back. Something about the look of Chris spoke to him and he knew what he was being asked to do. But would he do it?

“You would kill a man in front of children? I think not.” He pressed the match against the box.
“We’ll do what we can to end this.” Michael warned but it went upon deaf ears.

Angelo continue to stare... waiting.

“And I will end this!” Thatcher roared.
“No! Wait!”

Chris dipped his head in a sad nod.

“IT. IS. FINISHE-”

The shot rung through the trees and Thomas Thatcher fell to the ground with a thump. But Angelo was just a second too late... His body quivered as the gun fell from his hands and he fell to his knees. He felt cold even as the Officer he stole the weapon from cuffed him to restrain him.

Chris panicked on the inside as the match began to eat away at the gasoline of the wood below him as it inched his was up to his feet.
Was this it?
No... Something cool and thick hit his body causing him to shiver at how icy it felt. The feeling of heat vanished as quickly as it came.

“NO BODY MOVE! FBI! STAY WHERE YOU ARE!” Police poured in from all parts of the trees, weapons ready and dog barking in order to herd the crowd of followers, ensuring none got away. The Priest would clutch his bible in shock as he stared down at Thatcher’s body.

Devin was frozen in place, Josh not too short behind him as they watched officers put out the fire that nearly consumed that who was Christopher Cerulli. They’re best friend almost unrecognizable.

“Someone call a medic!”

Chris can’t remember everything... He was so weak. He was so tired yet he was so grateful. The odd feeling of tugging on his hands and feet were gone and he felt the cross being laid on the ground underneath him. So many voices talking yet he couldn’t make out what they were saying.
Bright light flashing in his eyes, was he responding?
“It’s gonna be alright buddy...” Josh was here.
“Come on man! Stay with us!” Cold fingers touched his and Ricky’s voice filled his ears. He did his best to squeeze the hand that held his but it was so faint, “That’s it buddy! Come on! Stay with us!”
“Come on Chris! Don’t do this man!” Cool air was rushing by and he didn’t even realize that he was no longer attached to the cross. Devin’s voice was rough but he wanted to smile knowing that they were all here... Some pieces were missing but he would hear them soon enough.

“Get this thing off him!” Kuza was here? Why was he here? How did he get involved?
“We can’t!”

Come on Cerulli. Breathe.
But it hurts.
Breathe.
I can’t.
Yes you can.
How much longer?
Just a bit more.

“Chris!” Ryan but where’s Angelo? “Where’s Ang?” Yes, where’s Ang?
“The cops are with him! We’ll explain later-”
“MY BABY!” Mama. It was his mother. Pieces of his heart slowly stitching back together but I’m sorry it’s not enough.
“Oh Christopher!” And there was his dad... he was so content. Just hearing their voices... Voices he never thought he’d ever be able to hear again.

How much time has passed? Where was he now?

He felt so heavy. So numb.
It was nice. It was beautiful. It was peaceful.

And then he saw his grandfather. Surrounded by a halo of light... He reached out for him but he seemed so far away.

“Breathe!”

Shock-waves filled his vision but they didn’t bother him.
His grandfather smiled, “Sleep now, Chris. It’ll all be alright... Sleep.”

“Breathe!”

“Sleep now.”

“Breathe!”

Chris would smile inwardly to himself. A calm and peaceful smile, shedding the dread of his past ordeals.
“Sleep.”

Chris let out one long final exhale, the noises around him slowly fading away.

It is finished.
And he is at Peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
It is finished.

Stay tuned for the Epilogue, a possibly explanation of the stories background (if any of you actually ever wanted to know that, let me know and I'll gladly include it), the story's final farewell and a whole lot of thank you's :)

Final comments? Questions? Final recommendations? (final comments and recs gets your username listed in the thank yous. since I can't see who's subscribed I'd like to get almost everyone in there.. ha) Everything is highly appreciated.
This was an awesome journey and I'm glad so many of you decided to stick around.
Thank you so much for reading.
The Epilogue will be up tomorrow. Possibly in the afternoon or night (EST). I promise you won't be disappointed.