Sequel: Don't Fall Back
Status: Completed! Update: Congrats to Colton on the 2-year extension with the Leafs!

Insane Love

I. Saturday, February 16th, 2013.

-Mia's POV-


2nd period, 16:08.

"Mia?"

"Yeah?" I put down the towel. It was the senior medical director, Jordan, who was holding the door open behind him for the player to come in.

As soon as I saw who it was, the butterflies in my stomach were back.

"Oh of course. It's you." I gave Colton Orr a dirty look.

"Ooh baby," he laughed and came toward me. "What's with the stone cold attitude all the time?"

"Looks like you got your ass kicked there." I ignored his question.

"Actually, I won. But it's Chris Neil. He doesn't go down easy." he stated and walked on his skates and sat down on the bed.

"Suuure." I sat on the chair next to him. I soaked the cotton ball and started dabbing it on the cut that stretched along the side of his forehead, above his left eye.

"Speaking of going down easy--" he chewed on his mouth-guard. "It's just you and me in here, Mia."

"Fuck you Colton." I rolled my eyes as I knew what he was talking about.

"You wanna what?" he laughed and I felt my face turn red.

"Just don't even try." I shook my head.

I always played hard to get around him. He was the type that thought he could get any girl. Which was true, for the most part. He's a goon on the ice, and a douche-bag off the ice. For the past 5 months I made it clear that I hate him and can't stand him, but he still won't stop trying to get me. I'm only a year younger than him and he's the immature one. He bangs random puck bunnies and dates girls for a week or two and then forgets them after. It took me 2 weeks to convince him that I'm not a puck slut. I was not supposed to fall for him... but I did. He doesn't know and I refuse to ever admit it.

"So what are you doing tonight, gorgeous?" Colton smirked.

"Nothing with you." I smiled and continued wiping the blood off his face.

"What makes you think that?" he asked as he watched me take out an alcohol wipe from its package.

"I hate you." I pressed hard on the cut with the wipe.

"Ouch!" he flinched.

"Awww, did a soft piece of material hurt you?" I mocked in a voice used for children and put the wipes away.

"No it's not that." he laughed. "Hate is a strong word."

"You've heard it many times from me. You should be used to it by now."

"It hurts more every time I hear you say it." he looked at me innocently and leaned in towards me slowly.

I stared at him. I got so weak every time he got close. I pushed him back and quickly looked back down at the injury report I was filling out. "You need to get some stitches. Approximately 6 or 7."

..


3rd period, 19:34.

After 7 stitches, he was okay to go.

"Thanks babe." he stood up.

"Try not to kill yourself on the ice?" I stood as well and looked up at him.

"Well.." he put his hand on my lower back and pulled me in. "If it means that I won't be able to see you again, then I'll be more careful."

Our chests collided softly and he used his other hand to pull my head in closer to his. I fucking hated it when we got close. It always meant he had complete control over me and it made me want him even more.

"I know you want me." he pressed his forehead against mine and closed his eyes for a moment.

My heart was beating faster. "Who would want you?"

"You know you do. You just don't want to admit it." he opened his eyes and I could have sworn they were looking directly through mine. "And I don't know why."

"You toy with every girl." I swallowed hard.

"You're not like the other girls." he spun my brown straight hair around his finger.

"So what makes you think that I want you?" my voice became softer. I slid my hands around his neck and glanced at the Toronto Maple Leafs logos on the sides of his jersey.

"I just know." he said.

"Well you're wrong." I looked back at him again.

"No." he smiled.

"Yes." I rubbed my nose slowly against his.

He held me tighter and I could feel his breath on my lips as he mouthed "No."

He leaned in and closed the last inch that was between us. He kissed me gently for a few seconds and then again softly. We kissed passionately and he pushed me up against the wall. He put his hand behind my neck and we made out for a few more minutes. He was tall compared to me and he was in his equipment as well which made him even bigger. I purposely gently bit his tongue in my mouth and he pulled away for a second and we breathed heavily. My heart was pounding faster. He bit my bottom lip-- pulling me closer to him again and kissed me slowly once more.

"Colton you have to go back." I pushed him gently away from me and glanced at game on the TV screen. "There's 5 minutes left."

"They think I'm still getting treated, it's fine." he said. "I would rather be with you here anyway."

I was about to walk into his arms again and hug him until I remembered.......

"Is that what you say to all the other girls the night before you dump them?" I asked and licked my lips.

"Mia, you have to understand that those are just one night stands. Those chicks don't mean anything to me. They're just puck bunnies." Colton said firmly.

"I hate you for that."

"I can stop for you." he ran his fingers through his dirty blond hair.

"No you can't. You're Colton Orr. You'll probably be happy with me for a few days and then once you go on a roady with the boys, you'll forget about me and go get drunk somewhere in New York City and end up banging who knows how many chicks in one week. You can't handle one relationship. You just can't." I stated clearly. I swallowed and waited for him to say something.

"You know, it's too bad you think that way." he shook his head. "You think i'm just like every other guy, but here you are acting just like every other girl. Cold and stubborn. Even after what just happened here." he looked around the room.

I crossed my arms and didn't say anything.

"Forget it." Colton added. I watched him walk out and head down the hall into the Leafs locker room.

I sat down and tried to get my emotions together. I cupped my face in my hands and closed my eyes for a bit. "He's just playing with me. It's the plan." I said to myself. I wiped the tears off my face and sat up. What if he meant everything he said? What if he was actually a good guy and-- No. This is exactly what he wants me to think. He can go fuck himself. All he wants to do is get in my pants. That's it.

The Leafs beat the Senators 3-0. Bozak, McLaren and Liles with the goals. Scrivens with his 1st NHL shutout of his career and of the short season. Reimer had been out due to injury and Scrivens had stayed steady, helping the Leafs with their success so far.

I grabbed my purse, changed into my regular clothes, and started heading out.

"C'ya Mia." Mike Kostka smiled on his way to the locker room.

"Bye Mike." I nodded and smiled back. "Good game today." Kostka picked up an assist tonight.

"Thanks." he winked. "You should come down to the bar again tonight at 11 with the boys."

"Alright, I'll see you there." I accepted. I almost always went to the bar with the players after a win, or just casually on another day.

Once I walked out of the ACC and into my car, I turned on the radio and started driving home.

I checked my phone once I parked. 2 new texts and 6 missed calls. All from Colton.

We need to talk

Then, 20 minutes later:

Goddammit Mia pick up the phonee

I stared at my phone screen and then deleted the messages. I didn't have time for his little mind games. I didn't call him back and instead, got ready to go to the bar with some of the boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!