Status: Please enjoy and leave comments...subscribe too (P.s. involves violence and profanity)

Careless Whisper

Warden Horatio Barlow: The truth

Yes the week off had been great. He had managed to relax, but only for a few days. He could not shake off the thought that Damon was coming back for him. The words he had said to him, once again found a way to creep their way back to his mind, "Don't think for a second your actions will go unpunished." He marched into Nelson's office, a frown on his face. He was angry, angry at Dashique for keeping important information from him and getting Nelson to kep quiet as well. It had been a great idea at the time to get rid of Dashique, but now he realized that it had been a mistake. Unfortunately, it was too late for him to regret.
He banged the door open and demanded answers. Nelson and Dashique looked at him, alarmed at this side of him. He walked in and began to go through all the files that were there, "where is it? I know you have it somewhere."
"It's futile," Dashique said, "we don't know what you are talking about."
"Damon," Horatio exclaimed, "he attacked again even though the security corp. was there. It's all over the newspapers. He must have left the name of his next victim. I need to know."
"With all due respect sir," Nelson drawled, "I have no idea what you are talking about."
"Don't take me for a fool," Horatio shouted. He looked around. When he was about to give up, he saw a picture on the floor. His name written in blood on the Cathedral floor. He had been right. Dashique watched as the warden fell to his knees. His whole body shaking with fear. She noticed what he was looking at and tore the picture, but he had already seen. She knelt beside him and placed her hand on him but he pushed it away.
"I wanted to protect you from the truth," she tried justifying her actions, but he would not hear any of it. He got up and looked at Nelson.
"Damon needs to be found immediately!" he ordered, "I want him back in that miserable room by the end of the day."
With saying this he walked out. Dashique called after him and tried to follow me where he had gone, but Nelson held her back, "we really need to get back to work Dashique. You saw how he was, that look in his eyes, there is no reasoning with him now."
Dashique unwilling nodded her head, "fine." Though deep down she knew it was not fine. Warden Horatio walked on the corridors.
"You okay sir," his secretary, Sharisse asked, "you look like you've seen a ghost."
"Yeah am okay," he replied as he kept on walking, but Sharisse followed behind.
"Any news on the Damon incident?"
"Why are you interested all of a sudden Sharisse?" he asked her suspiciously.
"I've always been interested, plus you're always like this every time something is not working out. You know you can trust me right?" she responded with a reassuring smile on her face.
"I don't think I can trust anyone anymore," Horatio whispered, his voice muffled that he could not be heard. He walked away leaving a happy Sharisse behind. Everything was going according to plan. She knew very well that Damon did not want to kill him yet, but now that he knew, his days were now numbered.
♠ ♠ ♠
The book is now coming to an end :'( I know...so sad.