Status: Feedback is most welcom :)

Taking a Chance

Hard To Love

"Why did you say that?" You ask Jeremy as soon as you are in your condo.

"Say what?" He asks, sober.

You's had every good intention to walk home, but the rain had started from nowhere and forced you into a cab. The rain had been refreshing and definitely sobered you both up. Shortly after Jeremy's confession to the group, you's had decided to leave.

"That you couldn't get it up"

"It was the first thing I could think of" He says, grabbing a dry towel from the radiator."Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" You sigh."I just wish you didn't have to say that"

He looks at you, his eyes soft like melting candy. He pulls you into a hug and kisses the top of your head.

"I don't mind" He whispers "I would tell anyone anything as long as you were okay"

You hug him tightly as he smooths your hair down, kissing your forehead.

"Come on, time for bed"

The hangover from hell that you expected to hit you as soon as you opened your eyes didn't arrive, but it raised it's ugly head in the middle of the night, despite sobering up before going to bed. The nausea and headache passed shortly after taking some aspirin and returning to bed had been a good idea. Its gone eight and you don't feel like moving.
You roll onto your side to see Jeremy lying flat on his stomach with his arms by his sides, his cheek lips slightly apart. By the looks of things he hasn't moved the whole night. You try your best not to wake him as you sit up on the edge of the bed.

"What time is it?" Jeremy mumbles without opening his eyes. He groans as he moves.

"Past eight" You say.

The sound of a content sigh escapes his lips as he rolls onto his back. He groans again and you notice he's covered his eyes with his forearm, his leg bent at the knee.

"Are you hungover?" You ask.

"Just a headache" He yawns and opens one eye to look at you.

You can feel him trying to work you out, trying to figure out what's jarred you awake at such an ungodly hour after a fun night out. But that's exactly it. It's what happened last night that's burning away in your mind.

"I'll get you some aspirin"

"I don't need it" He replies."So, am I going to get to kiss your good morning or am I going to have to steal it"

You giggle as he grabs you around your waist, pulling you back into him as his lips connect with yours.
His fingers dance up your sides as he tickles your ribs, your hands trying to push his away.

"Jeremy. Stop!" You plead, laughing.

His fingers still roam over your body as he chuckles, giggling. You love it when he laughs, that deep rusty chuckle that sets your whole body on fire.

"Jeremy!" You scream as he
continues his attack and you can't swat away his hands for laughing as he giggles hysterically.

"Stop or I'm going to pee myself!"

He continues to laugh and his hands stop tickling you.

"I'm sorry" He chuckles."I love it when you laugh"

You hadn't realised during his tickle-attack that he's almost on top of you and despite the many heavy make-out sessions, he was always careful not to make you feel scared or pressured. His chest is against your own and you can feel his beating heart.

"I can't believe how lucky I am to be with you" Jeremy says softly, his calming eyes looking straight into yours.

You run your thumb over his bottom lip as he leans down and kisses you. His kisses are soft and delicate, teasing slightly.
You run the tip of your tongue along his bottom lip, nipping gently as he groans. He caresses your cheek as his tongue flicks gently at the tip of your own and you find your hands running through his hair and down his naked back, smiling in the kiss.

Jeremy shifts uncomfortably and you can feel his hardness through his boxers. Slowly, he pulls away from your lips and smiles down at you.

"I would never, ever do anything to hurt you"

"I know you wouldn't" You smile back, playing with the hair at his temples.

"Don't feel bad about last night." He says softly, his fingers entwined with yours and resting on your stomach.

"How did you know?"

The corner of his mouth twitches into a small smile.

"'Cause I know you,mama."

You run your fingertips over his jaw and down his shoulder, sending shivers down his spine.

"I can't help it" You sigh, dismissively.

"Why do you feel bad?"

"Because here you are with me..and you could have...it... anytime you like" You let out a shaky breath, the weight of your emotions moving from your chest into your throat.

"Sex is just a thing, mama." He says gently."I won't lie and say I don't want it, but I'm not going to risk losing the best thing that's ever happened to me. One day, I'm going to make love to you and I'm never going to stop. I just to make you happy"

"You do make me happy" Your voice is raspy as tears slide down your cheeks and he kisses them away gently.

"I love you, Susie and if you never feel ready, I'll love you anyway."
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't you wish every guy was as cute and kind as this? A girl can dream.