The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Part 11

A Week Later…
Frank’s POV

“I don’t think we needed two bedrooms, but whatever. It’s nice.” Gerard shrugged.

“It was the best I could do on such short notice.” Brian said, glaring. We had Brian back because he was in-between tours. I’m not the only one extremely happy though. Gerard did a dance and everything when he found out Brian had signed us again.

“Thanks.” I said, hugging Brian.

“No problemo, kid.” He said, ruffling my hair. “At least no sisters will walk in on you doing the dirty here.”

“God, they better not.” I muttered, going to unpack my clothes. The house luckily had apeopleiances and shit so all we needed to get was a bed, table, and living room stuff. I could live without TV though. I mean, do you KNOW what Skittles can do for your imagination?

Or maybe that’s drugs… whatever….

God, I say that word a lot later. Whatever, whatever, whatever. Hahaha. Whatever. I’ll never use that word again.

Whatever.

Gerard’s POV

I walked into the bedroom to see Frank over his suitcase, a weird grin on his face. Then he just started giggling and saying “Whatever, whatever, whatever.”

“Are you okay, Frankie? How many times have I told you to not sniff Sharpies?”

He looked up. “You know I use the word ‘whatever’ a lot?”

“You know what other word you use a lot?”

“What?”

“Fucking.”

Frank laughed. “I do, don’t I? But you use it in every other sentence.”

“Not every other sentence.” I argued, going to plop on our bed. Then I remembered we didn’t have one. “Erm… the lack of bed is causing a problem, Frankie.”

Frank shrugged. “I guess we should go get one.”

“Good idea, Einstein. There’s just one flaw.”

“What would that be, babe?”

“We don’t have a car.”

Frank’s POV

Yay, I like new beds. You know why? Because they’re fluffy and soft. And they don’t growl at you like Fluffy off of the Harry Potter movie. I didn’t like Fluffy. He kinda scared me… well, I guess them he’s sort of scared me… whatever. Dogs with three heads are just plain scary.

“Frank, don’t jump on the bed!” Gerard laughed.

“It’s fuuuun, Gee. C’mon.” I stopped and reached my hands down.

“No.” he pulled me down onto him. “I don’t need to worry about adopting. I’ve got my own kid here.”

“I’m not a kid.” I whined, nuzzling him.

“That just helped your case so well.” He laughed in my ear, and then kissed me sending shivers up my spine.

“Hey, Gerard? Let’s christen the bed.”

“Hey, Frank?”

“Hmm?” I grinned at him.

“Okay.” Gerard threw me onto the bed and pounced on me.

I giggled and tugged his shirt off. “That’s my shirt, ya old koot.”

“It’s half mine.” He shook his head and pulled my t-shirt off. “So is this shirt. And this bed. And you.”

“Hey, I only work for ME.” I said. “Unless you ask nicely.”

“Frankie?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you fuck ME this time?”

“That I can do, Mr. Way-Way Rardy-Tardy.”

Gerard raised his eyebrow. “Are you feeling okay, baby?”

“Heh heh, yeah. But we need a new bag of Skittles because that one is long gone.”

“This isn’t gonna be like on the tour bus when you’re so hyper you fuck me 21 times is it?”

I grinned at him. “Maybe. But I plan to lose count at 25 if that’s okay with you.”

Gerard’s POV

Kids are just do darn cute you know?

Shut up, Gerard.

An Hour Later…

But they’re so tiny and—

Quit.

Three Hours Later…

I wonder if me and Frank are ever gonna adopt….

STOP!

Ten Minutes Later…

“Frank, I want a kid!” I called.

“Good luck with that one!” Frank called from in the kitchen.

Frank’s POV

I thought maybe after Gerard got his hamster he would be over wanting a kid.

I hope after I get him this hamster he is because I sure as hell better not be buying this for anything.

And I refuse, REFUSE, to clean it or catch it or anything.

“Here you are.” The salesman said holding me a box that held the little hamster.

I took it, cringing.

“And you have the food and everything?”

“Can you turn these in for refunds?” I asked.

“No, sir… is it for your kid?”

“It’s so I don’t have to have a kid.” I said, turning and leaving…

I drove home and the damn box kept moving. If that hamster pees in my car I think I’ll die.

“GERARD!” I shouted, coming into the house. “GERARRRRRRRRRRRRD!”

He came running in. “What?”

I shoved the box out at him. “Take it, take it, take it.”

“What is it?”

“A hamster.” I said, rushing off to wash my hands.

“Uh, Frankie how many did you buy?” Gerard called.

“One. Why?”

“Because… because if you only got one… I think it’s just had babies.”

I think I fainted.

Yup, I did. Gerard looks really nice when he’s worried. I kinda wanna fuck him.

“Are you okay? Did you hit your head?” he asked urgently.

“Mmh, hello to you too.” I smiled at him.

“Are you okay?” he sat me up.

“I’m fine… oh, god. Are they running around?” I suddenly remembered why I’d fainted. Much as I’m for animal rights anything small than my fist creeps the fuck out of me. That’s why I stick to dogs and guinea pigs like normal people. Not half-breed rats.

Ewww….

“I closed the box before I heard you fall.” He helped me up.

“I’m fine. I’m not going into a coma every time I tap my head. See?” I began hitting my head with my fist.

“Frank, don’t do that!” Gerard snapped. “It isn’t funny, okay? You know the doctor said—.”

“How many times have I hit my head without anything happening? I’m telling you I’m like imm—OH MY FUCKING GOD! GET IT NOW!” I jumped onto the closed toilet. “GET IT, GERARD!”

“Calm down! It’s just a hamster, Frank.” Gerard laughed. “Are you really scared of it?”

“I wanted one, not forty billion!” I snapped.

Gerard scooped the hamster up and held it up at me.

“Gerard, stop!” I hissed, jumping down and running to the other side of the room.

He laughed. “C’mere and look at her.”

“No.” I shook my head.

He approached me slowly. “Just look.”

I looked down. “I hate you, rat. You better hope if you ever get out Gee is home because I’m not afraid of using a vacuum cleaner on you.”

“Frank!” Gerard laughed. “You’re an animal rights activist, anyway. You wouldn’t do that.”

“I’d get Ray to.” I said, shrinking back towards the wall.

“She had three babies.”

“Give them away.” I said instantly.

“Frank, stop. Pet her.”

“No. She had babies in my car. If there is one spot on my seats—.”

Gerard pressed his lips to mine in a kiss, and then pulled away. “At least I have one way to shut you up.”

I looked down at the hamster, glaring at it. It blinked at me.

“The thing is evil, Gerard. Let’s take it back. All of them.”

“I think you’re afraid because she had babies. You think it’s a sign.”

“No, but it’s nice to know you think that.” I said, patting his head. Then I yanked my hand back, remembering he was holding the evil rat.

“Oh, don’t you think she’s cute? I’m gonna name her Francesca.”

I glared.

“After my Frankie Princess.” He took my hand. I tried to wriggle it free of him but he’s bigger and stronger, so it didn’t work. He made me pet the damn rat and I glared at him, then it. “See, she isn’t that bad.”

“I’m not feeding it, I’m not cleaning it’s cage, I’m not holding it, I’m not—.”

Gerard rolled his eyes. “I’ll take care of that.”

“If it gets out and you aren’t here I’m getting the vacuum and I’m calling Ray.” I continued.

“Okay, whatever Frankie. Be a baby.”

“AND IT ISN’T A SIGN!”

“Is so!” Gerard sang, leaving.

I washed my hands, shaking my head. I followed him into the living room where he was setting up the cage happily. I crept to the box and looked inside, cocking my head to a side. The mom was cleaning the babies.

He turned around and smirked. “You think they’re cute.”

“I don’t.”

“You do. I saw that smile that you just hid.” Gerard insisted.

“Oh, hush or I’ll flush them.”

“No you won’t.” he wrapped his arms around me. “It’s a sign.”

“It isn’t a sign. It’s a coincidence.”

“There’s no such thing.” Gerard whispered, shaking his head.

“We’re working on an album, we tour…. We can’t. I won’t have any kids as long as I’m in a band. I just won’t, Gerard.”

“Oh, someone can watch the baby while we perform. And it’ll be company on the bus.”

“This is because of Mikey! You’re getting a stupid male dominance thing because your younger brother is having a kid first!” I exclaimed.

“You are coming up with ANY excuse. I’m the one who should be nervous, not you. I mean you helped raise Kaylie and Liz and you’re great with them. I suck with kids and they hate me.”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re great with kids, Gee. Kaylie and Liz love you. Well, Liz is still kind of embarrassed around both of us…”

“See? We’re both great with kids! Please, Frank!”

I shook my head. “Not when we’re in a band, Gee.”

“Why the hell not?” Gerard snapped.

“I want a kid, Gerard… but what kind of life would that be for a kid? You’ve seen the drugs and alcohol as well as I have! It wouldn’t be safe! I wouldn’t even have Kaylie or Liz over for a week or to spend the night!”

“We don’t do that stuff. The kid would only be on our bus!”

“We aren’t the only ones on our bus, Gerard! Other bands have been! Davey and them—.”

“Don’t do drugs.” Gerard interrupted.

“I DON’T WANT OUR KIDS EXPOSED TO SOMEONE LIKE BERT!” I shouted.

The room fell silent and I sniffed quietly and headed towards the kitchen. I heard him behind me and felt his arms slide around me.

“I’m too messed up to have kids, Gerard.” I whispered.

He pushed my hair down and kissed my neck.

“I’m not ready. I’m sorry.”

I felt him nod into my neck.

“I’m really sorry, Gerard.”

Gerard’s POV

I hadn’t been married to Frank long but we already had our ‘customs’ if you will. And I couldn’t sleep without my arms around him. I woke up around two in the morning to find his side of the bed empty, but his pillow still warm.

I sat up and padded into the living room. Frank was sitting on the couch, crying, with one of the baby hamsters in his hands.

At first I wasn’t sure whether I should go up to him or leave him be, but I quickly made up my mind.

“Frankie?”

He wiped his eyes and sniffed. “Hey, Gee. Did I wake you up?”

I came over to him. “What’s wrong, Frankie?”

“… Skippy’s my favorite.” Frank said, ignoring my question. “Because she’s always alone… she’s the smallest one, the runt. Everyone leaves her out.” He sniffed.

“I’ve always liked the runts best.” I said, sitting by him on the couch and pulling him close.

He cried onto my shoulder a few minutes before looking up. “High school sucked, Gerard.”

“Why are you even thinking about it?” I whispered.

“Because I don’t want kids because of Bert… I got up to get some coffee and saw Skippy all alone… then I got to thinking about high school and how that’s where I met Bert and…” he trailed off and shrugged. “I guess that’s it, really.” He curled into me, fitting perfectly in my arms.

“Frank, I love you so much. You aren’t ready for kids yet and that’s okay… maybe it was some stupid male dominance thing… and I see what you mean…”

Frank shook his head. “I’m just scared.” He pet Skippy’s head gently. “They aren’t so bad, your hamsters.” He sniffed.

“Neither are runts.” I whispered, hugging him.

“Runts candy is yummy.” He whispered back, slightly giggling.

“There’s my Frankie.” I smiled and helped him stand. He placed Skippy in the cage and she skirted back towards her brother and sister. They curled together and I slid my arms around Frank’s waist and we just watched the hamsters sleep.

“I’m ready to go back to bed.” Frank whispered after a few minutes.

I kissed his warm cheek. “C’mon, let’s go.”

Gerard’s POV
The Next Day…

I’ve never taken care of a sick person before. Well, Frank had his coma but that was different. He could still do everything, he just had to be slow and careful. But a person who is so sick they puke every time they stand? Never done that.

But when I woke up that’s what happened. Frank stood to go use the bathroom and BAM! Threw up the entire contents of his supper.

“Are you okay?” I asked, leaning over the bed.

He got back in bed, shaking his head. “I don’t feel good.”

I scooted over and let him lay down. “I’ll clean that up and get you some breakfast.”

He nodded and laid his head on my pillow, pulling his to his chest.

I went to get towels, then cleaned up his vomit. He coughed a few times and I sighed, not sure of what to do. I could call my mom. Hahahahaha.

“Gerard, can you turn the air off?” he called when I went to get him something to eat.

I poked my head back in. “Yeah, babe. What do you want?”

“I can’t eat.” He moaned, shaking his head and pulling the covers up.

I smiled sadly and got him some juice, then turned the air off and got a thermometer. I was shocked that not only did we HAVE a thermometer, but I knew where it was at.

I sat by him on the bed and put the thermometer in his mouth. He closed his eyes and I stroked his cheek.

“Should I call a doctor or do you just need some rest?”

“Rest.” He mumbled into the thermometer.

It beeped and I looked down. 102.7.

“If it gets higher we’re getting you to a doctor, alright?”

He nodded and I leaned down to kiss him. He shook his head.

“My breath stinks and I don’t want to get you sick.”

“You don’t sound sick.” I said thoughtfully, kissing the top of his head. “I’ll make you some donuts, okay?”

“You never make me donuts when I’m well enough to eat them.” Frankie whined miserably.

I kissed his forehead—it was burning up—and went to make him some donuts. I came back and he was half asleep and reading in bed.

“Harry Potter again?” I asked, smirking.

“I didn’t wanna have to get up and it was on the nightstand.” He said and I noticed his voice now sounded croaky as well. Great. I don’t mind caring for him at all. It’s just… I don’t fucking know how. Make him eat but he’s throwing up, keep him warm—but he’s got a fever, so I cool him down… what the fuck is with all this doctor’s advice contradicting. I’m gonna have to call Linda I guess. “Thanks for the donuts. I’ll try to eat.”

“What can I get you? Tylenol. I’ll be right back. Anything else?”

He shook his head and cut some of the warm donut with his fork. “Thanks, Gee.”

I smiled and him and got his Tylenol, then called Linda.

“Hello?” she asked, sounding tired.

I looked at the clock. 7:00 Am. Whoops.

“Shit, sorry. Linda, its Gerard.”

“Hi, Gerard. Is everything okay?”

“Nothing’s wrong but Frankie’s sick and I…. don’t know what to do.”

“What’s going on? Is he puking, sore throat?”

“Uhm… he puked when he woke up but he’s eating now… at least I think. He’s trying.” I said, sounding stupid. “Uhm… he’s got a fever but he asked me to turn the air off so I did but I should turn it back on, right? Because of his fever?”

“Yeah, and you might want to make him take a cold shower or bath. If it gets to 104 you need to get him to the Emergency Room. Is his throat sore?”

“He’s all croaky but he hasn’t complained yet.”

“Believe me. If his throat hurts you’ll know soon enough. I’ll run by the store and bring you some medicine, okay?”

“Thanks, Linda.” I sighed.

“And Gerard?”

“Yeah?”

“Take a deep breath. People get sick all of the time, especially Frank. When he was a kid he was sick every other week so he’s used to it. He knows what he needs and he’ll let you know. I’m sure you’re doing fine.”

I listened and took a deep breath.

“He will tell you to turn the air off because he’s cold but don’t. He did it all of the time when he was younger. And only give him a sheet and small blanket, not a comforter. Because you don’t want his temperature over 103 if you can help it. I’ll see you soon, alright?”

“Thanks, Linda.”

“You’re welcome.” She said. “Bye.”

“Bye.” I hung up, turned the air on, and took Frank his medicine. I had brought a small blanket for him.

His eyes widened. “No, don’t take the comforter. You called my mom!”

“I did.” I said, gently taking the comforter from him. He had made a cocoon around himself with it.

“Gee, no. I’m cold.”

The air kicked on.

“Gee.” He whined.

“I’m sorry, baby. We’ve gotta get your fever down.” (PAGE 200 on Word on my computer! *does dance*)

He looked like he could cry as I wrapped him in the smaller blanket. “I love you, baby.”

“But my throat hurts now.”

“The blanket won’t help your throat.”

“It will, honest.” He replied, reaching for our comforter.

“Oh, don’t beg.” I whimpered, lying with him. I rubbed his arms and sides, trying to warm him up.

He whimpered and argued for a while about the comforter and the air, but eventually quit.

“Do you need anything?”

“Comforter.” He grumbled.

I ruffled his hair.

“Anything else?”

“The strongest Vodka you can find and a bottle of Coke.”

I shook my head. “No alcoholic products, babe. And if your throat hurts do you really want a Coke?”

There was the sound of a door opening.

“In here, Linda!” I called.

A few seconds later Linda came in, a bag in her hand. “Frankie, let’s look at you.”

Frank sat up, groaning. I had to help him up and support him. He muttered something about being dizzy.

“That isn’t good.” Linda sighed. “I got you some Dayquil and Nyquil. Try it and if you don’t feel better go to the doctor tomorrow, unless you get worse today.”

Frankie nodded and leaned against me.

Linda felt his forehead.

“Okay, mister. It’s a cold bath for you now, and I don’t care if you’re 21 or not. You are burning up!”

“I’m too cold! I’ll fucking freeze!” Frank shouted—or tried to shout. It came out croaky though.

“Frank, you won’t freeze.” She snapped. “Do you want in the hospital again? Because all the nice money you’re earning is gong straight towards your hospital bills.”

Frank grumbled, knowing this was true. A nice chunk of his first few checks had been to paying off all of his hospital bills. They were all paid off now though. That is unless he goes again.

I helped him up and led him towards the bathroom. He sat on the toilet.

“Make sure it’s cold.” Linda said. “Now if you boys need anything call. The girls are in the car so I’ve gotta run.”

“Thanks.” I said.

“For nothing.” Frank grumbled.

She kissed both of our foreheads, ruffled Frankie’s hair, and then left. I helped Frankie undress—both of us nearly falling a million and five times—because he was still dizzy. When he first got in the bath he shook, his teeth chattering. Eventually he got used to it though and relaxed, lying in the tub. I went and cleaned a bit and got out the Dayquil and some water for him to take, then got the thermometer. When he got out his temperature was down to 101.9.

“Thank God.” He croaked. “Now I can have the blanket. Give me the drugs.”

He pulled the comforter over himself, took the Dayquil, and promptly fell asleep. I woke him up a few times through out the day to give him soup and medicine or take his temperature. His temperature would go from extremely high—it’s highest was 103.8, the lowest 98.9—to extremely low within hours and Frank was very uncomfortable. By the time it was eleven though, I was exhausted by Frank’s temperature had maintained a steady 99.5 for three hours.

I gave Frank his Nyquil and water, changed into my pajamas, and collapsed in bed. Frank curled into me, his forehead warm against my neck.

“We did it.” He whispered.

“What?”

“We got through our first time as a married couple with one of us being sick.”

I smiled, eyes closed. “We did, didn’t we?”

Frank's POV

The next morning I woke up feeling a little better, with Gerard curled at my side. I slid out of bed and went to get some skittles (Yes, in the morning. I didn't have any yesterday so get off my back... and quit giving me that look.... I can still see you...) when I heard him cough.

"Gee, you okay?" I asked.

His eyes opened and he nodded.

"Oh, fuck. You're sick now."

"I'm not sick. I don't get sick." he croaked. "Fuck." he sat up, then fell back onto the bed. "If I wasn't too sore to move I'd kick yo ur ass, Frank." he grumbled.

"I'm sorry." I said, brushing his hair out of his face. "What can I get you, babe?"

"A blanket." he moaned.

I felt his forehead, which was burning up. "At least it's a 24 hour cold, huh?"

"Fuck you." he moaned, pulling the comforter over his head.

I laughed a bit and went to get the thermometer, turning the air down. At least I wasn't gonna call my mom.

Well, because I know what to do after yesterday, but that's okay. This way Gerard thinks he's stupid and I know how to take care of sick people. Hahahahaha. Funny.

"FRANKIE!" Gerard yelled from somewhere.

"I'm coming, babe!" I called back, hoping I could find the medicine.

Frank's POV

The whole being sick thing is a lot harder than I thought. Because Gerard doesn't do drugs.

Which means he won't even take Dayquil.

"Gerard, baby... it's just medicine. It isn't Xanax... or Welbutrin. It's Dayquil. For colds." I tried to coax him into taking the medicine.

"No, Frank." he said, sounding nasally. "It'll lead to just one beer then one Xanax, then another drug addiction."

"You've got a cold! You need medicine! You're getting worse. You've got a 103.7 fever, Gerard. I'm gonna have to take you to the hospital!"

"No. I'll be fine tomorrow. You were only sick one day."

"I TOOK MEDICINE! Gerard, open your goddamn mouth now!"

"I'm not taking the goddamn medicine!" he shouted, then went into a coughing fit.

I set the pills on the nightstand and handed him the water I'd brought for the pills. "Here, baby. Drink some of this." I said, feeling awful. I knew I couldn't just leave him alone, but I shouldn't have yelled at him. "I just want you to get better."

"I said no drugs and I meant no drugs." he coughed some more.

"This is different. It's for a cold."

"It all leads to the same thing, Frankie."

"It's Dayquil, Gee. Please don't make me have to take you to the hospital." I pleaded. "Please, Gee."

"No." he said stubbornly.

My eyes widened in frustration. "You're 26 fucking years old, Gerard. Use your fucking brain. You are sick. You take medicine. You get better. It's easy to comprehend."

"Don't yell at me! I've got a headache!" Gerard shouted.

"I'm not yelling but I will be soon!"

"I'm not taking the medicine so just go away and leave me alone until I feel better."

"You're taking the medicine or going to the hospital where they'll FORCE you to take the medicine."

"I'm bigger than you and taller than you. How're you gonna get me there?"

"I plan to use Ray, Bob, and Mikey if necessary." I stated.

He glared at me. "Fuck you."

"Take the medicine." I shoved them at him.

He took them and put them in his mouth, then spit them out. "There."

"TAKE THE FUCKING MEDICINE NOW!"

"NO!"

I sat on top of him and shoved the pills in his hand, taking a deep breath.

Calm down. Don't be mean. Calm down.

"Gerard, please take the medicine." I said calmly.

"Get off of me and go away." he whined.

I felt his burning forehead. The cool water on a rag didn't help shit, neither did the cold bath.

"I'm calling the guys. You're gonna have to go to the hospital."

"Fine then." Gerard muttered.

"I love you, baby." I kissed his cheek and pulled out my cell phone, calling Ray.

An Hour Later...
Gerard's POV

"Gerard, just take the medicine." Ray sighed.

"No!"

"If you don't take the medicine I will carry you out of this house and drive you to the hospital." Ray said.

"Try." I sneered. Why didn't they understand I couldn't take it? I was making the right choice. I couldn't get an addiction again. I couldn't OVERCOME an addiction again. Frankie of all people should understand.

"Gerard, please." Frankie pleaded for the billionth time this hour. "Please, baby. Please. Your temperature's 104. You've GOT to take the medicine."

"Wait for him to fall asleep, then we'll call an ambulance." Mikey suggested.

"We don't need an ambulance. We need someone to get him to take the damn medicine." Ray sighed.

"He's not gonna take the medicine. Let's just put him in the car. 104 is bad, guys." Bob said.

"He seems fine enough, though. Sure is being RUDE enough." Ray said, glaring at me.

I glared right back, and then went into another coughing fit.

"Okay, Gerard. Take the medicine now or you're going to the hospital."

"Will my room have TV?" I asked.

Ray threw his hands in the air. "It's your money, bud. C'mon and stand up."

"No thanks. I'm fine here." I coughed.

Ray sighed and lifted me up. I was too weak to struggle much, but I did what I could.

"Gerard, honestly. You're throwing our money out the window." Frank sighed.

"We've got plenty. I'm a Superstar."

Everything went black.

Frank's POV

"I'm a superstar." Gerard raised his hands in the air, and then collapsed against Ray.

"Okay, let's get him to the hospital." Mikey said urgently, opening the door.

We piled into the car to take Gerard to the hospital....

Gerard's POV

I woke up in my bed, snuggled against many sheets. I felt fuzzy all over and when I began to cough it didn't hurt at all.

"Morning, sleepyhead." Frank said cheerfully.

"You won, then?" I bitterly grumbled.

"Yup. Us magic folk always win. And I was right. You wouldn’t be sick today if you'd taken the medicine. Nope, nope, nope. But your cold turned into the Flu and now you are."

I rubbed my head. "What am I on?"

"Mmh, cough syrup, painkillers, and medicine to fight off the Flu." Frank said, handing me water. "I talked to the doctor. You've got the drug free cough syrup so no worries there. Everything else is low dosage."

I grumbled darkly under my breath.

Frank’s POV

I guess I made Gerard pretty mad, taking him to the hospital and forcing him to take medicine. For a week after he was better and off the meds he refused to talk to me. But not only me. He refused to talk to Ray, Bob, and Mikey too.

I tried apologizing, though I wasn’t really sorry. I was right. He was better. So I don’t see why he’s being so mean.

I was in the living room reading when he came in, on his way to the kitchen.

“Gerard, babe…” I began.

He ignored me and made his way into, the kitchen.

“Gerard, honestly!” I snapped, setting my book down and following him. “Baby, please. I’m sorry I took you to the hospital.”

“It isn’t about the damn hospital.” He snapped.

“Then what is it about?” I asked, sitting at the table. He was at the opposite side of the table, but he stood up.

“The fact that I told you I didn’t want to take any medicine. No drugs. And you hassled me and hassled me, then called my baby brother and Ray and Bob to hassle me! Then all four of you ganged up on me and took me to the hospital where they put me on fucking drugs! When that was the one thing I swore I’d never touch again!” he went from speaking calmly to almost shouting.

“Gerard, you’re taking this too seriously. You were sick. You needed medicine. You were getting worse and you would have gotten much worse!”

“I told you I didn’t want to take drugs and you FORCED me! Not only did you force me but you brought other people into it!” he shouted. “It isn’t like I want the whole damn world knowing I used to be a drug addict, okay?”

“Then you picked the wrong fucking job because, honey, people know!” I shouted back. Then I paled. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say that… Gerard… It’s just….” I rubbed my forehead.

“I’m so sick of everyone knowing every single fucking problem I have! I DIDN’T WANT TO TAKE THE DAMN MEDICINE!!!”

“Gerard, calm down, sit down, and talk to me.”

“I don’t want to talk to you because you’re just gonna run and tell Mikey, Ray, and Bob.” Gerard sneered.

“I won’t!” I shouted. “Look, I’m sorry I called them. I didn’t know what to do! You were sick and it sorta scared me. You wouldn’t take the medicine, you kept getting worse, and I needed help. You didn’t give me any choice.”

“You knew I swore off ALL drugs.”

“MEDICINE!” I shouted. “IT WAS FUCKING MEDICINE!”

He slammed his chair into the table and stalked off. I sighed and banged my head on the table.

Gerard’s POV

I know I’m being mean, but what I said is true. He did hassle me into it, knowing I didn’t want any drugs. I told him. Several times. Loudly and clearly.

Now what if I start doing drugs again? Because I miss that feeling sometimes, and having it there was just.... wow.

I miss drinking and taking drugs....

I miss it a lot.

Frank's POV

The next two days the fight ensued. Neither of us even tried to to make up, but ignored each other completely. It wasn't like I hadn't apologized either. I had. It was all on him now.

I had gone out to see a movie with Bob. We went to see some little kiddie movie that made us laugh every few seconds. We swore to never tell anyone we'd gone to see the Barbie's Princess in the Pauper. No one could EVER know. EVER.

I got home and found Gerard sitting on the couch, looking like he'd been waiting. I ignored him and went in to our room. He followed behind me.

"Frankie, baby... can we talk?" he asked, coming into the room.

I sighed and looked at him.

"Did you enjoy the movie?"

"Hmm." I shrugged.

"Was it good? Bad?"

"It was the DaVinci Code. It was like the book." I grumbled.

"Frankie, I love you." he said. "Let's not fight anymore."

"It's kinda fun, being huffy though." I said.

"Frankie..."

"Okay. I love you again." I grinned and threw my arms around him.

"What'd you and Bob REALLY go see?"

"The DaVinci Code."

"Yeah, yeah. Bet you went and saw the Barbie movie."

"How dare you!" I pouted.

"Aha! I'm right!"

"Are not..."