The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Part 17

A Week Later...
Frank's POV

"Where's Daddy?"

"Daddy's not here right now, sweetie." I said, watching Annabelle run. She ran to our new guard dog. (Hahaha. He's really a person but that's what Bella calls him.)

"My Daddy isn't here. Do you know where he is?"

"Maybe he's out getting your birthday present."

"Nope. My birthday is in May. May 3rd, to be precise."

"You have one spoiled kid, you know?" Our 'guard dog' Seth said about ten minutes later when Bella ran to her room to play dolls.

"Tell me about it." I groaned. "Met Bob and his girlfriend yet? Well, she's convinced she's offing Bob's girlfriend and marrying Bob, who is her "beast". Then they're gonna buy a castle shaped like the beast."

He arched his eye brow. "She likes Beauty and the Beast. Go figure."

"DADDY'S HOME DADDY'S HOME!" Bella shrieked, running downstairs. Then she fell and began crying louder than any child should be able to cry.

I ran towards her. "Oh, baby. You aren't supposed to run down stairs."

"My knee hurts, Daddy." she cried.

Gerard came in, pulling his sun glasses off. "Did I miss a World War Three announcement or something?"

"She's been waiting for you since she woke up." Seth said. "Saw you from the window and came running down."

Gerard's POV

"Ooh, my baby." I took her from Frankie.

"I-it hurts, Daddy. My knee is owied."

I kissed her knee.

Frank rolled his eyes. "Am I not good enough anymore, Bella?"

"Nope." she sniffed, nuzzling me.

I laughed and kissed her cheek. "Daddy's better than me. He gets up with you every morning."

"This morning he didn't. He made me lay with him until he was ready to get up. I had to lay there for days and days."

"Ten minutes." Frank corrected. "I timed it."

"It felt like days and days, Daddy. And you were gone! Where weres you and will you kiss my knee again?"

I bent down and kissed her knee again after lifting her above my head. It's difficult to describe, but it let me get the job done.

"Thank you, Daddy. You can put me down now."

I did as told and she crossed her arms over her chest and stomped her little foot. "Now where were you?"

"Yes, Gerard." Frank said. "Where were you?"

"I was having breakfast with Brian."

"Why?" Frank's eyebrow went up.

"We didn't wanna go on tour until we were ready. Well, I'm over what Bert did. It was sick and terrible, but shit happens."

"Who are we going on tour with?"

"Adam and Matt will be calling me back today."

"Isn't this a little... quick... I mean, we haven't told the guys or anything... and Mikey and the baby..."

"Mikey can bring his fiancé and that baby. And we'll bring our little terror--"

"Me?" Anna asked, gigging.

"Yes you." I laughed.

"And Ray and Bob are so bored they're slowly going insane. So I don't think anyone will have any complaints, really... unless you do?"

"I kinda like the normal life." He shrugged.

"But you love performing too." I pointed out. "And it isn't final. If we decide against it, nothing is set in stone."

Frank nodded and smiled at me. "Cool."

"Daddy, that makes me happier than a tornado in a trailer park." Anna said, hanging
off of my arm and speaking in a country accent.

"I told you we shouldn't have taken her to see cars." I said. "Now she's talking like she's from Kentucky."

"Yee haw!"

Frank's POV

"On tour?" Mikey repeated.

"Sweet!" Bob exclaimed. "Can I bring my girlfriend?"

"Why?" Ray asked.

"Cause we're getting married next year." Bob said.

"Aww, man. Don't tell Bella." I said. "She's in love with you, Bob."

"Don't tell Bella what, Daddy?" Bella asked, coming into the living room where our band meeting was taking place.

"Uhm..." Bob said. "Bella, I've got something to tell you."

"BOBBY!" she shrieked and ran toward Bob, jumping onto his lap. "I was napping when you got here, Bobby."

"Oh..." Bob looked at me with a pathetic face.

"What needs you tell me, Bob?"

"I'm getting married."

"We're getting married?!" she shrieked happily.

"Oh, man... guys!" Bob moaned.

"Bella, baby, you're too small for Bob to marry you." I said, kneeling in front of them.

"Then he isn't getting married." she giggled. "Until me is older. Like 5. Then we'll get married."

“Right, Bob?”

“I’ve gone deaf! I can’t hear anything!” Bob exclaimed.

“Baby, Bob is marrying some his own age.” I said.

Bella looked at me curiously, and then shook her head. “He’s my beast, Daddy. Only mine.”

“Baby, Bob is getting married.”

“He loves me though.”

“Of course he does, Bella… but he loves his fiancé another way.”

“Why can he no love me that way?” she sniffed, tears coming to her eyes.

“Oh, man! The water works!” Bob moaned. "Maybe I won't get married."

"Bob!" I hit Bob on the leg. "Now Bella isn't gonna cry, is she? Bella's gonna be a big girl."

"Bella is gonna cry, Daddy. Bella's heart is broken into many tiny pieces." she sobbed. "It hurts."

"Oooh, Bella." Bob moaned.

"Bobby, I thought me and you w-were like Belle and the B-Beast..." she sobbed.

“Ah, hell.” Gerard sighed. “That’s heartbreaking. Bob, you made her cry!”

“I didn’t mean to!”

Bella hopped off of Bob’s lap. “I need to be alone, boys. Daddy, can you pick up my heart pieces and give me a Band-Aid?”

I kissed the top of her head. “Baby, stay with us.”

Bob scooped her up and hugged her, making her cry even harder.

“Oh, Bella… I’m sorry.”

“You is broked my heart, Bobby.” She cried. “I-is she prettier than me? Is that it?”

“I feel like we’re watching a bad soap opera.” Ray chuckled in Gerard’s ear, earning a playful punch in his gut.

I glared at Gerard and Ray. "You two, this isn't funny!"

"Guys, it isn't." Mikey said.

Bella hopped off of Bob and ran towards her room, crying.

"Oh, man. Oh man, oh man, oh man." Bob whined. "I made her cry and I broke her heart and run away in the span of three minutes."

"She'll be fine, Bob." Mikey said.

"Did you see her face? Maybe I should call off the wedding until she falls in love with Ray."

"Hey, hey, hey! I'm perfectly happy with our relationship as it stands."

“"Should I go up and talk to her?" Bob whimpered.

I shrugged. "If you want. I've never dealt with her this sad before."

Bob shot me a dirty look and I threw my hands up.

"I didn't mean to make her sad, guys." he sighed and put his chin in the palm of his hand.

"She'll be fine, Bobby Bear. Just say she can be the flower girl." Mikey said.

"Yeah, good idea."

Ten Minutes Later...

"I DON'T WANNA BE YOUR DAMN FLOWER GIRL YOU CHEATING FOOL!"

Bob glared at Mikey. "Your plan... yeah... didn't work."

Gerard's POV

"How long is she gonna torture Bob, ya think?" Ray whispered so the guys couldn't hear.

"Until she gets bored.... could take days."

"Ooh, man." Ray began to laugh.

I threw my head back and began to laugh too, getting a slap in the head from Frankie. "Oww, Frankie. Don't get kinky here." Another slap. "I'll shut up now."

“Frankie, does this mean we won't get to have sex tonight?"

"Yes, this means you don’t get sex tonight."

"What do you mean I don't? We don't."

"Says who?"

"Not this again..."

Gerard’s POV

“Now, Bella, you better be on your best behavior tonight. Do you hear me?” Frank asked, kneeling down by our daughter.

“I hears you, Daddy.” Annabelle sighed.

“Now you don’t want to hurt Bob’s feelings like last time, do you?”

“He hurted my heart, Daddy. He has it coming. It’s revenge, dumbo.”

“Don’t name call, it’s bad.” I said, brushing some of my bangs behind my ears.

Annabelle sighed and walked out to the car.

“Her dress is too cute…” Frank muttered. “We need to let mom shop for her more often.”

“So… you met this girl yet?” I whispered, walking towards the car. It was night time and Anna was just waiting at the car, an impatient look on her face.

“No. All I know it her name is Amanda.” Frank whispered back. “But I’ve got a feeling Bella is going to be terrible, Gerard. I can see it in her eyes.”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re paranoid.”

“I know this kid better than I know myself and you do too. Can you honestly tell me you don’t think she’s gonna be awful like last time?”

“Last time we tricked her into going to the Playplace so Bob could apologize. We had it coming, and so did Bob.”

“Gerard, Bella’s really upset Bob. Much as he hates to admit it, the kid is like his best friend.”

I rolled my eyes. “Bob is having a well earned break from reading her Barbie every night.”

“Just because you think reading Barbie is a nuisance doesn’t mean everyone else does. Some people like reading to Bella.” Frank snapped. “Bella, in you car seat.”

“Listen to you, snapping at me and sounding all cheerful with her.” I snorted, climbing into the driver’s seat.

“Shut up—and don’t you repeat that, Bella.”

“Okay, Daddy. This dress itches my butt and I’s got a wedgie.”

“And don’t talk about wedgies in front of people.”

“Get in the damn car, Frank. The seat belt is fastened.”

Frank glared at me before climbing into the passenger seat. “You can handle her when she raises havoc in this restaurant, then. Don’t even ask me for help.”

I rolled my eyes and began to drive to the restaurant. It wasn’t even a fancy one so I don’t know why Annabelle’s dressed up. I voiced this.

“Are you a complete and utter hermit or something? Did you not hear the huge ass fit—don’t repeat that, Bella—(“Okay, daddy.”) she threw to get to wear that damn dress?”

“No, I didn’t.” I snapped.

We pulled into the restaurant and Frank got out and went in, leaving me with Anna. I went to the back and undid her seat belt.

“My butt is still itching cause of the dress, Daddy.” She said, reaching up.

“You wanted to wear it, hun.”

“Nuht-uh. It was my evil twin.”

“Oh, evil twin, huh?” I said, scooping her up. She began to play with my hair, nodding.

“My evil twin, Daddy. She looks and sounds like me, but does stupid things like making me wear this dress. And now she’s at home watching the Adam’s Family.”

“Uh… huh. That’s nice.” I said, going into the restaurant. I quickly found Frank who was with Bob and a pretty girl about his height with light brown hair and blond high lights. She was in plain jeans and a AFI shirt with her hair pulled up in a loose pony tail. “Hullo.” I waved with one hand, then set Annabelle down.

“Is ya da pretty girl my beasty is marrying?”

“Remember what I said, Gerard. She’s all yours tonight.” Frank whispered, sitting down.

“Uh… yeah.” She said, looking kind of scared.

“Ah, so you’ve heard of her? She really dislikes you right now. I’m Frank, by the way.”

“I’m Amanda.” She said, waving. She looked at Bob nervously, who was looking at Annabelle nervously.

“Show them your pretty dress, Bella.”

“No, Daddy. I’s gotta wait till Uncle Mikey and Aunt Jenny and the baby gets here.”

“That baby has a name, Bella. Remember it?”

“Nope.” Bella said, climbing into a chair. “The pretty girl can sit by me!”

Amanda had no choice but to sit down by Anna, but Bob sat on Amanda’s other side.

“You has lots of holes in your ears.” Annabelle said. “My daddy’s got one in his nose and one in his mouth.”

“Oh?” Amanda said.

“Yup. Bobby was my beast until he crushed my heart, you know… we had very good times togebber, the two of us.”

“Anna, stop.” I sighed.

“See, I was Belle and Bobby was beast. We both even have ‘B’ in our names! But you is stupid, cause you’ve got a ‘A’ name. Stupid.”

“Annabelle, your name starts with an ‘A’ as well.” I pointed out.

“Shut up, Daddy!” Annabelle snapped.

“Did she just tell me to shut up?” I asked.

“All yours. I’m under enough stress as it is.” Frank moaned.

“You’re the punisher. Tell her to stop. She doesn’t listen to me, she just laughs if I snap at her.”

Frank rolled his eyes and headed towards the bathroom.

“Cheerful bunch of people.” Amanda whispered to Bob.

“They’re usually funner.” Bob whispered back, then kissed her.

“MINE!” Annabelle shrieked, pouncing on Amanda.

“Holy hell!” Amanda screamed as Bob scooped Anna up.

“ANNABELLE MARIE IERO-WAY!” I yelled. “Say you’re sorry now.”

“But I’m not sorry, Daddy.” She said in a smug sort of voice.

“Did she hurt you?” Frank, who had come back hearing the commotion, asked.

“No.” Amanda shook her head. “She just scared me a bit…”

“Bella, you apologize right now.” Frank said, kneeling by Annabelle as well.

“No.”

“If you want to see Bob ever again you better.”

“No.”

“Fine. Let’s go home, Gerard.”

“I’m sorry, Bobby Bear! I’m sorry!” Annabelle squealed.

“Now tell Amanda you’re sorry.” Frank said sternly.

“But she stole my Bobby Beast!”

“Annabelle Marie, don’t make me say it again or you are going to be in very big trouble. And I mean, no Disney period. For a week.”

“OKAY OKAY OKAY!” she turned to Amanda. “I’m sorry that I attacked-ed you but you deserved it cause you’re evil and stole my beasty.”

“Annabelle Mar—.”

“Daddy, I know my name, okay?” Annabelle snapped.

Mikey let out a whistle and Ray began to quietly laugh, muttering “Frank’s pissed now.”

“Yeah well I know where you’re gonna be all fucking week.”

“In the basement?” she asked, tears filling her eyes. She turned to Amanda. “I’m abused. When they is mad at me they locks me in the basement.”

Amanda looked at Bob.

“Just ignore anything she says.” Bob said, kissing her. She kissed Bob back, smiling happily.

“MY BOBBY BEAST!” Annabelle shrieked, stomping her foot. “HE IS MINE!”

“Annabelle. Car. Now.” Frank said, pointing towards the door.

“No, Daddy. I’m fine where I am at.”

“Gerard, do something.” Frank pleaded, looking at me.

“You’re the punisher, not me. That’s why she likes me right now.”

“Yeah. I like Daddy Retard better than Daddy Frankie. Daddy Frankie is a fat mean boy.”

“Hey! Don’t call your dad fat, do you hear me?” I finally snapped. “That is not nice. You are not being nice right now and it’s starting to really piss daddy off. Now you apologize to Frank right now, Annabelle.”

“Daddy, I’m sorry you’re fat.”

“Bob, I’m sorry. We’re gonna have to go.” I said, scooping Annabelle up.

Bob sighed and nodded.

“I can go if—.” Amanda started.

“It was nice to meet you.” Frank said, hugging Amanda. “And AFI rocks. Don’t tell Gerard, but Jade is one hot mother fucker.”

Amanda laughed and hugged me back. “It was nice to meet you too, Frank.”

We walked out, Annabelle kicking and screaming the entire way.

“THIS ISN’T OVER YET, YOU BEAST STEALER!” she shrieked. “IT ISN’T OVER!”

Frank’s POV

“Gerard, am I fat?” I asked later that night when Annabelle was asleep and we were finally alone, lying in bed.

“Of course not.” Gerard’s arms slid around me and he kissed my neck. “Anna was just in a pissy mood. Don’t let her get you down.”

“But, Gee… where did she hear I was fat?”

“I don’t know, baby. But you aren’t fat.” He kissed my cheek and ruffled my hair. “Now go to sleep. I’m going to meet Brian in the morning and we’re gonna leave Anna with Linda so you can come with me.”

I nodded and drifted to sleep…

Gerard’s POV

“GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME!”

My eyes snapped open and I looked to Frank, who was freaking out.

“Someone was in here, Gerard.” He gasped.

“Frank, you had a nightmare.” I said, rubbing my eyes.

“Someone was in here!” he shouted. “Someone was fucking standing over me!”

“Frank, you’re gonna wake Annabelle!” I whispered. “Lay down and go back to sleep.”

“Gerard, someone was in here.” Frank whispered. “They grabbed my arm… look.” He raised his sleeve and there was a red hand mark on his arm.

“You probably grabbed it in your sleep, baby.” I said.

“I didn’t, Gerard. I didn’t.” he said, shaking his head.

The phone began to ring and I dodged for it. “Hello?”

“Gerard, it’s Mikey.”

“Mikey, it’s 3 AM.”

“It’s Bert, Gerard. He’s been let go for good behavior last night. It’s on the news.” Mikey said.

I looked up at Frank slowly.

“Gee, the window is open.” Frank whimpered.

“Okay, Mikey. Thanks.”

“Be careful, Gerard.” Mikey said, then hung up.

“I’m gonna close the window now, baby. Then I’m gonna get Annabelle. Come with me.”

“What’s going on? Who was that?” Frank whimpered.

“Don’t freak out. Let’s just get Anna.”

Frank sighed and got out of bed, watching me close the window. I looked down first, just to make sure there were no cars in the driveway. There weren’t.

“Baby, it’s probably nothing to worry about but Bert’s been let go.”

“Bert was here? In my bedroom?” Frank gasped.

“Baby, no! You probably had a nightmare. It’s just a coincidence but we’re gonna get Anna and we’re gonna tell Seth.”

“Gerard—.”

“Look, if he has been in the house do you really want to hang around? Now let’s get our daughter and go call Seth.”

He nodded and followed me into Anna’s room, where I pulled her into my arms.

“Daddy, why is you in heres so early?” she asked, rubbing her eyes.

“Baby, we’re gonna have you sleep with us tonight.” I said, handing her to Frank who began whispering to her. I called Seth, told him what had happened, and he said he’d be right over.

Frank sat on the couch, cradling a once again sleeping Anna in his arms. I sat by him and pulled his legs over mine, rubbing my hand up and down his leg a few times.

“Gerard, I’m scared.” He whispered. “What if Bert tries to rape you again?”

I felt myself smiling. Even though Bert had raped Frank as well as me, Frank was still worrying about me.

“Don’t smile, Gerard. I’m being serious. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Baby, I will be fine.” I said, reaching for one of his hands.

“You said that before, Gerard.” He whispered. “Now I don’t know when to believe you.”

I grasped his hand and squeezed. We both jumped when the doorknob was unlocked, and then the door open.

“Good. You two are safe.” Seth said, sighing in relief. “I saw a car speeding down the road on my way over.”

“I think Bert was here.” Frank told Seth. “I think he was in my room over me and I’ve got a mark on my arm to prove it. I want the bastard back in jail.”

“Frank…” I whispered.

“It isn’t about me. It’s about Bella. I’m scared. He’s threatened her before.”

“I can’t put him in jail unless I see him, Mr. Iero.” Seth said.

“Don’t call me Mr. Iero.” Frank muttered, getting up with Anna still in his arms. He paced around he room, gently bouncing her up and down.

“Frank, sit down.” I sighed.

“You two should sleep.” Seth said. “I’ll be here. And I’ll have a back up guard here for when I’m not.”

“Thanks. See, Frank? We can sleep.”

“Can you check the house first, Seth?” Frank pleaded. “Please? I know he was here. I know he was.”

“Of course I can.” Seth said and took off up the stairs.

“I knew this wasn’t over. It’s never over.” Frank muttered to himself.

“Baby, please sit down.” I sighed again.

He shook his head and continued to pace.

Seth came down, checked the outside, and then came in. “There is no one here, Mr. Iero, Mr. Way.”

“Are you sure?” Frank asked.

“Would you like me to check again?” Seth asked kindly.

“No.” I said, standing. “Thanks, Seth. If you want you can sleep in the guest room. This is probably for nothing anyway.”

Seth nodded.

“Frankie, take Anna to bed?”

“Alone?” Frank hissed.

“Yes. No one is here. I’ll be right behind you.” I assured him.

He sighed and went upstairs. I went to Seth.

“Frank’s right. Bert was here.” Seth whispered, sliding a paper towards me.

“What?” I read it.

‘The brat is next. And I really like her nightgown.’

“Oh God…” I moaned.

“It was in her room, on her bedside table.” Seth sighed.

“Oh God…” I repeated.

“We’re gonna have full time protection on the house. He didn’t sign this so we won’t have a case, Gerard.”

“He was in her bedroom…” I whispered.

“I’m sorry.” Seth said.

“I’m calling Bob to get Anna. I trust you, Seth, it’s just… this is my daughter.”

“I understand.”

I dialed Bob’s cell a few seconds later.

“Gerard, this better be good…” he grumbled in a tired voice.

“Bert’s threatened Anna. Can she… can she please stay with you and Amanda for a while?”

The line was quiet for a few minutes and I heard quiet talking, then Bob was back. “Of course. But if he’s threatened her should I really pick her up?”

“I’ll have a guard take her. He can take several turns to throw Bert off and we can have her switch cars as well.” Seth said, hearing Bob.

“It’s taken care of, Bob.”

“I’ll be up.” Bob said.

“Bob?”

“Yeah?”

“…. Thanks, man.”

“Don’t mention it, Gee. Just be careful.”

Frank’s POV

“I want to go too, Gerard!”

“Frank, we can’t. We have to act like nothing out of the ordinary is going on.”

“Shut the fuck up, Gerard.” I hissed, taking Annabelle from Seth.

“I don’t wanna go to the cheater and the beast stealer’s house daddy.” Bella said.

“You have to, baby.” Gerard sighed. “Please be good for Bob and Amanda. If we had any other choice, babe, we’d take it.”

“Daddy!” she began to cry.

“Bella…” I rocked her and kissed the top of her head. “Bella, Daddy and I need you to be a good girl so we can get something taken care of. As soon as we can we’ll come see you.”

“Daddy, I wanna stay wif yous!” she cried.

“Baby, I want you here too. But it’s gonna be okay.” I said. I was feeling nervous. Not only because of the circumstances, but because I’d never been apart from here for more than four hours unless you count sleeping. Gerard has, sure. But not me. Never.

“C’mon, Frank. We’ve gotta do it now.” Gee whispered, putting his hand on the small of my back.

I kissed Annabelle and hugged her tight. “I love you and I’m gonna miss you so much, baby.”

She hugged me back, then Gerard. Seth took the still crying Bella and out her in his partners car. When they were gone I turned to Gerard.

“Now why was it so important she leave TONIGHT?”

He held a piece of paper out towards me. I took it and scanned it, growing paler with each word.

“Oh… no…” I whispered, looking up at him. “What are we gonna do, Gerard? He can’t get to Bella, he can’t.”

“Her with Bob will work for now. And Bert would never hurt Bob, they used to be close friends until Bob found out what Bert did to you.” Gerard said, leading me into our house. “We’re going to work everything out tomorrow, after we’ve had some sleep.”

“Gerard, I’m too scared to sleep.” I muttered sleepily as he got me into bed.

“Just try.” He kissed my cheek, laid down, and wrapped his arms around me.

I felt myself drifting into a restless sleep, plagued with nightmares of Bert and different scenarios of what he could do to my beautiful baby girl…

Frank’s POV

“Is she okay?” I asked at ten the next morning. I knew Bob was a late sleeper, but I really couldn’t wait any longer.

“She’s fine, Frankie. She’s been a right brat to Amanda and I, but she’s fine.”

“I’m sorry. Threaten her with no Disney.”

“I can’t punish her, Frank!” Bob said.

“Man, you’re really gonna have to learn if you’re gonna be a dad soon.” I laughed. “You don’t have to punish her, she’ll most likely quit after you threaten it.”

“And if she doesn’t?”

“Just take it away until she quits crying.” I said. “Has she eaten and had her bath?”

“She’s killing us, you really think either of us want to give her a bath?”

I sighed and rubbed my head. “I wish I could see her.”

“I wish you could yell at her.” Bob sighed.

“YOU ROTTEN BEAST STEALER!” I heard, and then “BOB! A LITTLE HELP PLEASE!” from Amanda.

“Look, Frank, I’ve gotta go. But if you want, you can talk to her.”

“Okay.” I said. “Give her the phone?”

A few seconds later I heard her. “Daddy, I wanna go home.” She cried.

“Baby, I want you home. But you can’t be.”

“Why? Doesn’t you and Daddy love me anymore? Is you giving me away like my mommy?”

My heart fell to my stomach and tears filled my eyes. I didn’t even know she remembered her mom. “No, baby… no. This is only for a few days, until Daddy and I can work something out.”

“I don’t want Bob to be my Daddy and Amanda to be my Mommy!” she cried. “I want Daddy Frankie and Daddy Rardy.”

“Oh, baby, I love you so much.”

“I love you too, Daddy.” She sniffed.

“Now be a good girl for Bob and Amanda? Maybe Amanda will play dolls with you.”

“No. She’s mean. She stole my beast.”

“But she isn’t mean. She’s really nice and remember Jade?”

“Uh-huh.” She sniffed.

“She likes Jade too!” I gasped.

“Really?” she sniffed again.

“Yeah, baby. So go play and be a good girl?”

“I miss you, Daddy.” She sniffed.

“I love you so much, baby. But I’ve gotta go now because me and Daddy are leaving. He says he loves you and he’ll call you later, okay?”

She sniffed again. “Okay, Daddy.”

“Be a big girl, baby.” I said. “Bye.”

“Bye bye, Daddy.” She hung up and I sniffled and looked at Gerard helplessly. “She asked if we were giving her up like her mommy.”

“What?”

I nodded, sniffling. “Gee, I want her back now. With me.”

“I know, babe. But she’s safe with Bob and that’s what matters, right?”

I sighed and wiped my eyes. “Yeah, I guess.”

He kissed me gently and I smiled at him.

“I love you, Princess Frankie.” He smiled at me.

“I love you too, Gee.”

Gerard’s POV

As soon as we were at Bob’s house Frank ran in, not even knocking. I heard him yell “BELLA!” as I got out of the car, shutting my door and his. I pushed my sunglasses over my head and went into Bob’s house.

“Hey, Gerard.” He said.

“She being good?”

“She’s been dying to see you and Frank these last three days.”

“Daddy!” Anna ran into my arms and kissed my cheek. “I was a very good girl, Daddy. And Amanda let me listen to Jade! And she let me listen to Adam and Matt and Sonny! And Bob played the drums for me. And I got to listen to you Daddy! You sound kinda creepy, Daddy. I like you better here than on CD cause you talked about getting fucked in the ass.”

I laughed. “You listen to a live version?”

“Uh-huh! And we watched the video where you and Daddy kissed and you got beated up by the guy and where you tackled Brian in the doggy suit.” She said excitedly. “And then we watched the one where Mikey died and the one with the pretty dancer. It was Helena, but the others I no liked because I didn’t know the words, Daddy.”

“Oh, really?”

“Uh-huh. I liked it best when Daddy kissed your cheek cause it’s funny. Cause you all usually don’t just kiss on cheeks.” She said, nodding.

“Do you know how much I missed you?” I asked her.

“How much?” she took my sunglasses and put them on upside down.

“This much.” I said, attacking her with kisses. She giggled and shrieked in laughter.

After I quit she put my glasses on her head like I’d had mine. “Can I go home with you and Daddy?”

“Yes, baby. We got a new house and guess what?”

“What?”

“It’s by Uncle Ray!” I gasped.

“YAY!” she clapped. “Can he baby-sit me and we watch Harry Potter and the movie with the oompa loompas?”

“You’ll have to ask him, but I’m sure he will.” I laughed.

Frank came up.

“I’m like Daddy! See, Daddy? He wears his glasses on his head like this.” She pointed to my glasses.

“Oh, are you?” Frank said, taking her from me.

“Daddy, did you have a good pee?”

“I did.” Frank laughed.

“Good.” She said. “Can I listen to more of Daddy when we get home because I like the Helena song but not the others because I don’t know the words.”

“Sure, babe.” Frank said. He was so excited to have her back and see her that he would have bought her a castle if she asked.

“I do know the words to Helena. See? ‘What’s the worst that I could say, things are better if I say, so long and goodniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!” she shrieked, jumping into my arms. I began shrieking the words with her.

“Oh, that’s adorable.” Frank laughed, and then went to talk to Amanda and Bob.

“Daddy, did you know that there is bad man out on the loose? Yup, yup. They let him outta prison. His name is Bert. It’s on the news, Daddy. And so was you! Only because you said you and Daddy and Daddy’s Ickle Romance is going on tour again! And Bella is coming, right? Cause you can’t live without your Bella. Right, Daddy?”

“That is so right.” I said, going towards the kitchen where everyone was. “Daddy almost died without his Bella waking him up in the morning screaming at Frank.”

“Daddy, it really isn’t fait that you sleep in every day. You and Daddy should switch.”

“Well soon we’ll ALL be getting up early.” I said. “And soon you’ll get to see Daddy sing every night.”

“Really? With all the people? Can I mosh like them big kids?”

“No, I don’t think so. You’ll get to watch me and Daddy practice.”

“Awww. But how come Brian gets to watch you guys play? And he doesn’t stay in the audience. He stays on the side. Can I watch with Brian?”

“You’ll have to ask him.” I said, passing her off to Frankie as we got into the kitchen.

“Daddy says I can watch you guys play, Daddy! And he says I can stand with Brian.”

“I think he said you have to ask.”

“But I’m a princess so I should get what I want.” She pouted.

“Oh, you should?” Frank laughed.

“Uh-huh. Daddy, can I get a pink pony with a rainbow on it’s but? Like My Little Pony.”

“I don’t think they come pink, sweetie.”

“But if Daddy bites a white one the blood with dry pink.”

“Even my own daughter thinks I’m a vampire.” I moaned, putting my head in my hands.

“Grrrrrr!” Anna shrieked and clapped. “Vampy Daddy! Daddy, would you ever bite me?”

“Of course not.” I said, looking up.

She giggled and put my son glasses over her eyes, crossing her hands over her chest.

“I is the lead singer of Daddy’s Ickle Romance and this song is about getting fucked in the ass and some other not so good stuff.” She said, then began singing an interesting interpretation of You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison, making everyone laugh hysterically.

Frank’s POV

“I wanna listen again, Daddy. Again, again!”

“Baby, can’t we listen to another song? What about Give ‘Em Hell Kid? Or Hang ‘Em High?” Gerard moaned.

“No! Prison, Prison, Prison!” she chanted.

“mmmh. I officially hate this song.” Gerard moaned, pushing play.

“In the middle of a gunfight—.” Began to play.

“Kill me now.” I moaned.

Annabelle began dancing to the music. Ray came in when the song was almost over.

“Hey, it’s Prison. Start it from the beginning.”

“NO!” Gerard and I shouted together.

“O…..kay.”

No One’s POV

“Yeah, we’re all very glad to be going on tour again.” Ray told the interviewer. “But there’s one song that our rhythm guitarist and lead singer are refusing to sing, or listen to, ever again.”

“What song would that be?” The young woman laughed.

“Prison.” Frank said. “Our daughter made us listen to it about 400 times in a row and every time we see her she’s singing it, so we’re a little sick of it.”

The interviewer laughed. “Are you really not performing it anymore? Cause I really liked it.”

“Oh, I’m sure we’ll still play it.” Gerard said. “For a while we won’t be too happy about it. Once Anna gets over her obsession of it, we’ll play it again.”

The interviewer laughed again. “And how old is your daughter?”

“She’ll be five in May.” Frank said.

“And does she like your music?”

“And, ladies and gentlemen, with an ending quote My Chemical Romance’s lead singer Gerard Way said ‘She wants us to make a song involving a pony, so no…. I don’t think she quite gets it just yet.’ You can catch My Chemical Romance on tour now and purchase tickets on their main website mychemicalromance.com. We will be sure to keep you posted.”

Gerard’s POV

“Ugh, I hate TV interviews.” I said, ruffling Frank’s hair. We were alone on the bus, bar a sleeping Annabelle, because everyone else was out partying. Well, Bob, Amanda, and Ray were partying. Mikey and Jenny were planning their wedding.

Which my mother fully intends to attend.

And which I fully intend to attend, where I will be best man.

Where my daughter will be flower girl.

And where my mother had better not say one fucking word to me, Frank, or Anna. Otherwise she will be very sorry.

“You looked hot. I just looked fat and short and…. Short and fat.”

“You aren’t fat, Frankie.” I ruffled his hair again. We were laying on the main couch, staring at the small television screen that our unfortunate faces were on. “And you don’t look fat. You look extra sexy. In fact, I wanted to fuck you the whole we were doing that interview.”

I saw him grin. He was in front of me and I had my arms around him.

“Really? Cause I wanted to fuck you too.” He said, rolling to face me. He pushed his crotch against mine and I let out a quiet moan.

“Frank, Anna’s in the bunk right there.” I said, pointing to my bottom bunk where if Anna woke up she’d have a clear view.

“She’ll be fine.” Frank whispered, kissing my neck.

“She’s got sex-dar though, Frankie.”

“Don’t you want me?” he pouted adorably, pushing his crotch against mine again.

“You know I do. But they guys could walk in or anything.”

“I’m supposed to be the mother here, not you. Now fuck me.”

“Frank, we can’t fuck right now. We can’t.” I whispered.

“We can.” He argued, unbuttoning my shirt.

Annabelle rolled over, facing us.

“I refuse to have sex with my daughter facing us.” I said stubbornly.

“Then we’ll go into the studio.” Frank got up.

“The guys will freak out—.”

”We’re married and haven’t had sex since the day before yesterday, Gee. I need you.” Frank said adorably. “Now are you gonna make me fuck myself or are you gonna join me in the studio?”

“Fraaaaaaaaank…..”

“Geraaaaaaaaard….” Frank reached his hands out for me. “C’mon? Don’t make me beg, Gee.”

I stood up, sighing.

“I love you.” Frank said, kissing me gently on the lips.

“I love you too.” I said, leading him back to the studio. We opened the door, heavily kissing.

“GET THE FUCK OUT!” Mikey shouted.

My eyes widened, seeing Mikey and Jenny fucking.

“MIKEY! THIS IS THE STUDIO!” I shouted.

“GET OUT!” He and Jenny yelled together.

Frank began laughing his ass off, running out into the main area.

“There’s NO SEX IN THE STUDIO!” I yelled at Mikey, forgetting what Frank and I had intended to do.

“GO!!!!!”

I turned. Frank was sitting on the couch, laughing and clutching his stomach.

“How dare Mikey have sex in the studio, after all of the band meetings when we said there was to be NO SEX IN THE STUDIO.” I whispered angrily.

“Gee, babe, everyone except for us has broken that rule.” Frank whispered, pulling me down on him.

“But we said—.”

“Rules were meant to be broken.” Frank kissed me hard on the mouth.

“But—” I pulled away.

“Shut the mother Chloe’s chickens up and kiss me, Gerard.” Frank said, roughly pulling me down onto him.

“I still—.”

“AGH!” Frank got up, muttered a word Annabelle should never be taught, and stormed off of the bus.

“But now I’m horny.” I pouted, pulling a pillow over my crotch and hoping it would go down before Annabelle woke up, because she always likes to cuddle on my lap after a nap.

Damn.
A Few Weeks Later…
Frank’s POV

“Daddy, I’s really gots to pee.” Bella cried, trying to pull me up.

“Baby, you’re gonna have to wait until we get to the studio.”

“Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddy!” she cried.

I went to our driver. “Can we stop at the next restaurant we see?”

He laughed. “Yeah. Told them we should have had the bathroom fixed.”

“Thanks so much.” I went back to Bella.

“Didn’t Daddy tell you to go to the bathroom when he and Mikey went in?”

“But I didn’t have to then, Daddy. I only has to noooooooow.” She said.

“We’re gonna stop when we come to a restaurant. And you’re gonna thank Alex for stopping the bus, aren’t you?”

“Yes, Daddy.” She nodded, wiping her teary eyes. The bus pulled to a stop and she ran off of it and towards the restaurant. I took her into the family restroom and helped her undo her jeans, then looked away.

“Okays, Daddy. I done and my undies are up.” She said.

“Good girl.” I said, helping her pull her jeans up. I fastened them and kissed her cheek. “Gonna flush?”

“Uh-huh.” She flushed. “Bye bye poopee and peepee!” she waved, cocking her head to a side.

“Whoever says you aren’t my kid was sadly mistaken.” I said, leading her to the small children’s sink. She washed her hands, giggling.

“We is like to pots in a pee, Daddy.”

“I think you mean two peas in a pod.” I laughed, taking her out.

“Daddy, I want some French fries.” She said, dragging me to the register. Gerard walked in and came over.

“Got three bucks? She wants some fries.” I said, digging through my empty pockets. All I had was a nickel and three pennies. And some lint, but they don’t accept that as cash as of yet. When I take over the world they will. And monkeys will dance and be undead.

“Yeah.” He said, handing me a five. We got up to the register. “Can we have a small fry?”

A woman was smiling down at Bella. “Are they your uncle and daddy?”

“Nope. They is my daddies. I’ve gots two and no mommies cause I’m special.” Bella said.

“Oh.” She said and turned, looking disgusted, the other way.

I glared in her direction and picked Bella up. “What have I told you about not talking to snot nosed strangers who have sticks up there butts, baby?”

“Don’t do it and if they talks to me kick em. But she didn’t have snot coming out her nose or a stick in her butt.” She said.

Gerard handed Bella some French fries.

“Thank yous very much, Daddy.” She said, blowing him a kiss.

“Oh, you are so welcome.” Gerard laughed. We left the McDonalds, Gerard giving the mean woman the finger. We climbed onto the bus and had just pulled away when Mikey came out.

“I gotta take a piss!”

Everyone groaned.