The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Part 7

Gerard’s POV

“He is a little disoriented but he’ll be fine.” A young woman told me as she led me towards Frank’s room at the end of a white hall. “This was a close call though. He needs to be careful. We’d like to keep him a few days if your schedule permits but I’m assuming you’ll need him for the tour.”

“Whatever he needs we’ll do.” I said without hesitation.

“He needs sleep and to be careful. We called his doctor. Frank was apparently warned of this.”

“He thought it’d be fine because it had been so long.” I explained.

We stopped outside of a door. “He needs to be careful.” She said again, opening the door. “If you aren’t planning on spending the night visiting hours end at seven o’clock which is in twenty minutes.”

“I’m staying.” I said, and then went in. Frank was sitting up and he smiled when he saw me. “Hey, Frankie.”

“Hi, Gerard.” He said excitedly. “Come sit with me.”

I did. “Frank, we’ve gotta talk.”

“About what?” he said, lying his head on my chest.

“Keeping you alive without life support.” I looked into his green eyes. “Frank, I can’t live without you. Without you here with me, smiling, laughing, playing, talking. Not in Jersey on life support.”

He sighed. “I know… it isn’t like I do it on purpose. When I play I just… get in a place.”

“I know, Frank.” I said. Truth be told after what happened a few hours ago I was scared shitless that Frankie was going to hurt himself again and wind up in another coma. “Look, maybe this was a sign. That you’ve gotta cool it down or something bad is gonna happen. Sure, you were only having effects for a while afterwards. Maybe next time you’ll get hurt worse.” I looked down at Frank, whose eyes were closed. “You know, Frank?”

He didn’t answer me. I pressed a kiss to his forehead. “Frankie?”

He continued to not respond. It looked like he was sleeping but I knew it was worse than that, in my gut. I knew from a show that people didn’t always automatically slip into comas. Sometimes it took a while. Maybe the doctors thought he was out of the water but he wasn’t.

“No, Frankie…. Frank, wake up.” I said, shaking him. A nurse poked her head in.

“Is everything okay in here?”

“No, it isn’t. He isn’t waking up.” I said hysterically. She pushed a button by Frank’s bed and leaned over him.

“Mr. Iero? Can you hear me?”

Frank didn’t respond.

“Sir,” A male doctor came in. “I’m going to have to ask you to go to the waiting room while I check on your boyfriends condition.”

This was too similar. I made a small nod and walked slowly towards the guys. I shook my head before burying my head in Mikey’s chest and beginning to cry. Ray and Bob rushed over as well and I felt both of their hands on my back.

“Second coma victims never wake up.” I sobbed to Mikey, looking up into his eyes. “He’s gone.”

“He isn’t in a coma, Gerard. He was just fine when we got here.”

Suddenly a doctor was behind us. “This young man is right, Mr. Way.” He said. I looked at him, wiping my eyes. “Your boyfriend just fell into unconsciousness. He hasn’t slipped into a coma.”

I buried my head back in Mikey’s chest, sighing a breath of relief.

“While it is possible for him to slip into a coma I believe if that was going to happen it would have happened immediately after his collision. Your boyfriend will most likely wake up before the end of the night.”

“It’s okay.” Mikey assured me, hugging me close. “He’s fine.”

I nodded into his chest, thanking God Frank hadn't slipped back into the coma....

Yet Another Week Later
Frank’s POV

There was nothing more boring than sitting and watching the guys play while all I did was sit with Howard. He kept trying to make small talk but I just watched the stage longingly, cursing Gerard in my head for guilting me into this. I just got out of the hospital earlier today and Gerard had made me agree to sit out for three days at least and rest up. The crowd was going wild and I wanted nothing more to be up there. Fans that had recognized me were yelling stuff at me through the gate of security guards, like “Why aren’t you up there?” and “Are you still sick?” because an announcement had been on the website and Gerard announced that I wasn’t able to perform tonight.

The show ended after what seemed like forty billion hours and Gerard, after cleaning off, took me into his arms and kissed me.

I ran my fingers through his hair and grinned. “You look extremely sexy up there.”

“You looked extremely miserable down there.” He smiled sadly at me.

“It sucks. Benson doesn’t even like me. He thinks I’m too hyper.” I frowned.

“Sure he does.” He assured me, kissing down my neck.

“I can’t perform but you can work me up and make me horny?” I whined.

“Want some cheese to go with that wine?” he teased.

“If you’re cheese, yes.” I said, pulling him back towards a utility closet.

“You just got out of the hospital.” Gerard said, pulling me in the other direction. “You have to at least lay on a bed.”

I laughed quietly as he led me to our “dressing room” or whatever. He locked the door and pushed me against the wall, kissing down my neck. I panted and shoved his T-shirt over his head after throwing his leather jacket to the floor.

He unbuttoned my white collar shirt and kissed each patch of skin revealed. I moaned and arched into him.

“You okay?” he whispered.

“Uh-huh.” I panted, unbuttoning his tight black jeans. He slid his hands into my pants and my boxers and began stroking me. “Oh, fuck…” I moaned, pushing his pants down as best as I could. His hands moved faster and my moans grew louder as I grew harder. I was sure I’d explode soon right into his hand. “Quit playing around and fuck me, Gerard.” I whimpered.

He laughed quietly in my ear before kissing my neck again. “You’re too weak for that.”

“But I’m not weak enough for you to tease?” I whimpered, pushing my pants down. “Come on, Gerard. I need to de-energerize my self.”

“I don’t think that’s a word.” He laughed.

“You’re fucking pissing me off, Gerard.” I said, arching into his touch. He continued to stroke me and I moaned quietly, head tilted back. He bit down on my neck, and then turned me to face the wall. “Merlin, thank you.”

“Are you sure you can handle this?”

I nodded and reached back for one of his hands. He squeezed my hand as he pushed himself into me. I moaned happily, content for the first time since I left the hospital this morning…

Gerard's POV

The next few concerts were agonizingly boring without Frank running around on stage almost knocking people over. Everyone had come accustomed to diving away from Frank but now that we no longer had to run for our lives if we were in his path he missed it. He watched two of out five shows but said he couldn't bear watching me perform anymore or he would have to murder all of the security guards and fuck me right there.

I'm not sure he was entirely sober.

Eventually though Frank was allowed back onstage and our shows went up drastically. Frank wasn't careful one bit even though he promised everyone he would be but we were all so glad to have him back that we barely scolded him.

After our first show Frank did a little jig, and then pulled me towards a broom closet.

"I think you've already had enough excitement for the night, Frankie." I laughed.

"Nope, nope. I need Gee." he said hyperly, pulling me down to kiss him.

Half a Year Later...
Frank's POV

Half of our tour was over and we had now picked up another band along the way named The Used. I hadn't done my homework and they'd be meeting us in an hour so I had no clue what to expect. Neither did Gerard because he didn't have time to do his homework either. We were a little preoccupied. Hahahaha.

"It looks like we're gonna be there a little early!" Our driver called back pulling into a diner.

"Little early?" I scoffed, sitting on Gerard's lap and kissing his neck.

"You sure are a bit of a horn dog lately." Ray teased, walking through. He hopped off of the bus and everyone else went towards the diner. We sat in the bus for an hour making out until Gerard's cell phone went off for the billionth time.

I pulled away from Gerard and extended my hands to help him up. We slowly made our way into the diner and towards the back. Suddenly Gerard, who was in front of me, hid me from view.

"Go back to the bus, Frankie."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just go back to the bus, okay?"

"Gerard, you're being weird." I said, playfully shoving him aside. But when I saw what he was trying to keep back from me I wished I had listened and gone back to the bus. There, sitting by Mikey and all the other guys, was Bert McCracken...

Gerard’s POV

Frank turned and ran out of the diner, the door slamming behind him. Ray and Bob arched there eyebrows and Mikey mouthed “What’s wrong?” Bert recognized me and a grin slid across his face and he waved.

I turned and ran after Frankie, calling his name after him. By the time I caught up to him he had locked himself in the small bathroom.

“Frank, we’re gonna get him off the tour.” I called through the door. “Baby, we didn’t know that it was him.”

“You can’t pull him off the fucking tour! We signed a contract!” Frank called miserably.

“Baby, open the door.” I said, leaning against the door.

“I just need to be alone right now, Gerard. Just give me that.”

I sighed, tapped my hand on the door twice, said “Okay” and sat on the couch. I heard water running away and could picture Frank wiping tears off of his face. Was he crying? Why wouldn’t he let me in?

Ten minutes later the sliding door opened and he came out. He sat by me and allowed me to pull him into my arms.

“We’re gonna pretend it didn’t happen… the kids want the Used and My Chemical Romance.” He said slowly.

“Frank, this is different. The kids will survive. You’re under enough stress as it is.”

“No, Gerard. It was a few years ago, okay? He was drunk. Maybe Bert is different now.”

I didn’t mention the grin Bert gave me. No, I knew Bert wasn’t different. He was the same and I could tell.

“We won’t tell anyone. I’ll just stay away from him, okay?”

“Frank, let me call Howard. Alright?”

“No, Gerard. I can handle this. I can, trust me.” He put his hand on my cheek and massaged my cheek with his gloved hand. “I’ll be fine as long as I’m not alone with him, right?”

“I don’t know, Frank…” I said, unsure myself. What if Bert hurt him again?

“Look, I know I may seem like a baby but if I’ve got my guard on and he tries something I can kick his ass, okay? When I was seventeen he took me by surprise. Now I’m nineteen and a little bigger at least.”

I kissed him gently. “If he makes one move at you, one weird look, you’ll tell me?”

“I’ll tell you.” He promised, kissing me back. “Now let’s go in there and get some lunch, okay?”


Frank’s POV

Being a vegetarian made it very difficult to get food at some places, which is why the only thing I can eat here is French fries and salad. (Salad. Haha. Maybe if it were a Skittle Salad.)

I have to admit, sitting at a table near Bert’s is very nerve racking. I can see his every stare. Hell, I can feel his every stare. Gerard keeps squeezing my hand and I know Bert won’t hurt me around him, but what about when Gerard isn’t around?

At least Gerard’s eating normally now. It’s taken a while to get his eating habits back to par since overcoming his alcohol and drug addiction but he’s finally eating normally again. He ordered a large hamburger and fries. The only reason I’m not lecturing him about the hamburger is because I know he needs food. He’s lost so much weight from his “rehab” if you can call it that that the guys were getting a little nervous. Ray even approached me a few times about Gerard possibly becoming anorexic.

By how fast he’s eating his hamburger I can safely tell Ray he was wrong-o on that one.

I got to meet the rest of the Used. Turns out Quinn from school is in it with Bert as well as their drummer Brandon and their bassist Jeph. Since there were too many people to sit at one table me, Gerard, Mikey, and Ray are at one. Bob already knows the Used because he used to be their sound guy so there was no awkwardness there.

Mikey can definitely tell something’s up thought. He keeps whispering “What’s wrong, Frankie?” and trying to get me to either a) go to the bathroom with him or b) go order some more fries with him. This means a lot to me seeing as lately Mikey and I haven’t been to “best friendly” when that’s what we are. Best friends, I mean. In high school we were all each other had. I regret slipping apart.

“Nothing is wrong, Mikey.” I whispered back, feeling Gerard’s hand squeeze mine for the billionth time. I leaned over to kiss him and his lips met mine. I felt a sharp jab in my side and Ray nodded towards a frowning manager. “Oh, fuck ‘em.” I muttered into Gerard’s lips.

Gerard nodded, sliding his tongue into my mouth. Mikey was grinning at Ray, who was shaking his head but also smirking as the manager approached us.

“Excuse me.” He said, clearing his throat.

“You’re excused.” I said, grinning.

Gerard playfully pinched me. “We’re sorry.”

“No we’re not.” I corrected, kissing Gerard again.

“We do not tolerate this type of behavior at our facility.” The man interrupted.

“Put a sock in it.” Gerard said, pulling away.

I stood up and pulled Gerard up. I ten threw ten dollars on the table. “Here’s mine and Gee’s share, guys. We’ll see you at the hotel.”

“What about the bus?” Mikey called.

“We’ll walk.” Gerard called over his shoulder. “See ya later, kid!”


Gerard’s POV

Frank and I went into the room and I couldn’t believe how big it was. This had to be a five fucking star hotel or something. Frank immediately jumped on the king sized bed. I plopped on it at the foot of it and he flopped beside me.

“This is fucking awesome! I could jump on this fucking thing for hours.”

“I think you’d get bored.” I said, pulling him close. We laid curled next to each other a few minutes while Frankie’s breathing returned to normal. I did notice, now, how long it took. If you paid attention you could see how he was sick. He was a little paler after doing hardly anything active. His breathing, like now, took forever to return to normal and I’m quite sure yesterday I witnessed him having an anxiety attack. I don’t know how that fits into the puzzle but probably the stress.

“I don’t think so.” He said after a while, burying his head in the crook of my neck. Then he poked his head slightly up to look at me from one eye.

“Hello, gorgeous.” I smiled down at him.

“You know I love you, right? I mean… I really love you, Gerard.”

“I know.” I promised him, kissing the top of his head. “I love you too, Frankie. Why so sentimental?”

“Cause I remembered kissing Mikey that day before I went to the hospital and now I feel guilty.”

I laughed and held him close. “His facial expression was priceless. I can assure you that while you are extremely sexy, Mikey is 100% straight.”

“Are my kisses that bad?” he pouted.

“No.” I said, pressing my lips to his. We kissed, hands entwined, for a good ten minutes before there was a knock on the hotel door.
“Mmmh,” I pulled away from Frankie. “Who is it?”

“Mikey!” I heard Mikey call. I kissed Frank’s cheek and let go of his hands to open the door. Mikey came in, then marched to Frank. “What was that about?”

“What about?” Frank asked cheerfully.

“Mikey, don’t—.” I began, not wanting Mikey to upset Frank’s mood. But it was too late.

“The second you saw those guys you fled. You looked scared shitless. And you came back twenty minutes later with puffy eyes and red cheeks.” Mikey said. “Just because I wear these glasses doesn’t mean I’m blind, Frankie. What’s going on?”

Frank looked at me and I shrugged. “It’s yours to tell.” I closed the door quietly.

“Before the coma and everything someone from that band tried to rape me.” Frank said quietly.

“What? Why didn’t you tell me?” Mikey asked, sitting by Frank.

“I dunno. I mean, Gee saved me and it was done with. I didn’t want to cause a big deal.”

“That’s why for a few weeks you went up to Frankie at the crack of dawn then?”

I nodded, taking a drink from my cup of coffee. (The room has a fucking coffee machine! How sweet is that?)

Mikey gave Frank a one armed hug. “Who was it?”

“I can’t tell you. He’s going to be touring with us and I don’t want anything to jeopardize this. The kids want The Used and My Chemical Romance.”

“You’re already on close watch so you don’t slip back into your coma!” Mikey exclaimed. “You’re under enough stress as it is.”

“That’s exactly what I said, Mikey. He isn’t cracking. He wants to do this.”

“Who the fuck was it, Frank?”

Frank shook his head. “Sorry, Mikey…”

“It was the singer, wasn’t it? With the long hair? He kept looking at you!”

“Mikey, stop!” I suddenly, snapped. I noticed a look on Frank’s face that I hadn’t seen in a while. Complete sadness. Why had he suddenly gotten so sad? I rushed over and pulled him into my arms and he was then all of a sudden sobbing into my chest, clinging to my shirt.

“I didn’t mean to…” Mikey began.

“It wasn’t you… I don’t know what it was.” I whispered, rocking Frank back and fourth. “Oh, babe… look, I’m calling Howard now.”

“You can’t.” Frank sobbed. “There’s no one else.”

“Then we’ll cancel or go solo.” I said simply. “Mikey, call Benson.”

Mikey pulled out his cell phone and dialed a few numbers. “Howard, this is Mikey… yeah, we just met them… about that… we’ll need to meet you… soon.”

I picked Frank up and carried him to the bathroom. The counter was large enough for me to sit him on it and I got déjà vu, remembering when Frank showed up on my doorstep three years ago after being jumped on during lunch. I pressed kisses to his face, then wiped his tears away.

“You have to talk to me, baby. You’re gonna make yourself sick.”

He shook his head.

“Frank, you’re crying. What in the fuck is going on? Was it just seeing Bert?”

He shrugged and I wiped his face off with a warm wet washcloth. He sighed contently and closed his eyes. I wiped his neck as well and he seemed to relax.

“I can’t handle this, Gerard. Too much bad stuff happened after he tried to rape me. I just can’t…. I can’t… I wanted to… I…”

“Don’t say another word. We’re gonna call Adam and see if Taking Back Sunday is ready for a new tour. And if not maybe Geoff and Thursday are.”

“I’m a fucking wuss!” Frank shouted.

“Hey!” I shouted back. “You aren’t! What do you think I’d do if my dad walked in here? Do you think I’d run and hug him? Do you think I’d be able to stay within thirty fucking miles near him?”

Shock registered on his face and he looked at me through a fresh batch of tears. “I’m so sorry, Gerard… Bert didn’t even rape me and I’m freaking out and look at what your dad did to you… I’m such a terrible person.” And then the tears began to fall again. I had wanted to make him feel better, not worse. Make him see that anyone would be freaked. Not make him feel guilty about my dad raping me.

“No, Frank. I don’t know what to say to make you feel better, baby. What can I say? What do you want to hear?”

“I want to be alone right now.”

Twice in one day Frank had asked me for something he’d never asked me for before. To be left alone. I didn’t like it, but I left the bathroom and closed the door behind me. Howard was already here.

“We can’t tour with the Used.” I said simply.

“Why?”

“Because the lead singer tried to rape Frank two years ago and now he’s having a nervous breakdown in that bathroom and won’t let anyone near him.”

Howard nodded simply and picked up his cell phone to make the call.

Mikey came to me. “Is Frank going to be okay?”

“He’s Frank, of course he’ll be okay. I’m just worried he’s going to exhaust himself… which might not be a bad thing because he won’t get any sleep tonight otherwise.”

“Why’d he just go into a fit… he was fine earlier…”

“I think it just hit him, what he was up against…” I smiled sadly at Mikey. “He’ll be fine.”

“You’re good for him, you know?” Mikey whispered.

I looked at him.

“You’ve made him so… happy.” Mikey finished lamely.

“Well he’s made me happy too. Now I just have to get us back there.”

Frank’s POV

“What do you mean, can’t get him off of the tour?” Gerard shouted.

“You signed a contract, Gerard. Look, if I had known—.”

“It was two fucking years ago. What, are we supposed to tell you the most intimate secrets of our lives?” Mikey snapped, squeezing my shoulder.

“Then we quit the tour.” Gerard said simply.

“You signed a contract.” Howard repeated. “Look, I wish it wasn’t this way. I wished we’d asked to personally meet up with them first. But we didn’t.”

Gerard sat on the couch by me, putting me in-between him and Mikey.

“Isn’t there any way we can get out of this?” I asked quietly.

“I’m sorry… but we can hire security. Tell them that you aren’t to be near Bert or alone with him at all. We can… oh, I don’t know…” Howard sat down and sighed.

“I’ll be okay.” I told Gerard.

“Baby, quit trying to be strong. This isn’t the thing to be strong with.”

I kissed him gently. “I’ll figure out how to stay away from him, Gerard. I just want it to go by quickly, okay? Then we can go on break, make our new album, and live together alone.”

Gerard smiled into my lips after kissing me, then pulled away. “Okay, we’ll make it work.”

“I’m sorry.” Howard said and I think he meant it. Maybe he wasn’t so bad after all…

Three Days Later…
Gerard’s POV

The Used was doing a sound check and I was sitting in the front, watching. If I didn’t know what a fucking ass Bert was I might have liked this band.

When they were done I waited for Bert to be alone, then cornered him.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he interrupted me.

“Look, you aren’t going to scare me into staying away from your ickle Frankie okay? If I decide I want him, I’ll have him. I’m bigger than you anyway so let’s see you try and kick my ass.” He turned and walked towards the door, then turned back to me. “Plus, maybe it’s you I want this tour.” And with that he left.

I stalked after him. “What the fuck is that supposed to mean?”

“Maybe I’ll leave your little Frankie alone if you give me what I want.”

“oh, and what would that be?” I sneered.

“You.”

“Nice try. You’ll leave Frank the fuck alone out of the fucking decency of your fucking heart or you won’t need a fucking heart to live because you won’t be fucking breathing!”

“Is that a threat, Gerald?”

“It’s Gerard!” I called after him as he walked off, laughing.

Frank’s POV

The first few days we were touring Gerard was next to me at almost every second. I didn’t mind because I loved his company, but I also did mind because I hated being smothered and constantly watched. The only way I could get privacy was to go to the bathroom and it didn’t even count because Gerard always stood outside the door.

After the first few days though he let up. He would call and check on me every once in a while if I went out, but he wasn’t like an annoying parent who called every three minutes. Sometimes I would see Bert every ten minutes, others I wouldn’t see him at all the whole day. Those days, obviously, were best.

After Ray found out about what happened, though, he seemed to go into “father” mode if you can call it that. I heard him talking to Mikey the other day about how I was always the strong one and if I couldn’t be strong through this they all had to help me.

Which was nice and all but really pissed me off. Except for that one freak out I’ve been handling this pretty damn well if you ask me. I mean, I’m not fucking crying every time I see Bert. And I’m not getting drunk or high to avoid my problems. I’m facing them as best as I can. I thought I was doing good anyway.

Anyway, Ray’s taken over “father” mode. He makes sure I eat three meals a day, makes sure I’m not too active, and makes sure I get sleep every night.

While it’s kind of annoying, I guess its working because I have felt better than I did when I was in charge of looking out for myself. That’s actually kind of funny.

“Ten minutes to show, guys!” Someone called. It’s only noon but we’re doing this outside concert in front of 10,000 people. That’s the biggest show I’ve done yet and I would be nervous if I hadn’t had two jumbo sized bags of Skittles this morning. I felt arms slide around my waist and tensed up, then relaxed when I saw it was only Gerard.

“Haven’t seen you in a few hours.” Gerard whispered, kissing my cheek.

“Ray made me take a nap, then I went to the grocery store.”

“You went to get the food?” he sounded impressed.

I snorted. “No. I got Skittles.”

I couldn’t see him since he was behind me, but I knew he had rolled his eyes because I know him. “Did you seriously not get any food?”

“I bought some Tortilla Chips and Salsa… and popsicles.”

He swatted my stomach and kissed my neck. “Better than nothing, I suppose. Take out it is. I guess it’ll be sushi since it’s Mikey’s turn to chose.”

“I’m not eating sushi.” I mumbled.

“Well, Mr. Pouty, you and I will go somewhere where we can get some soup or something.” His hands slid up my shirt and he stroked my stomach.

“5 minutes!” the same voice as before called. “The Used up!”

The members of the Used walked by, preparing to take the stage. Bert looked back at me and smirked, causing me to stiffen. Gerard eyed Bert, a frown on his face. He almost jerked back when Bert blew a kiss towards us.

He stepped back and I clung to his hands. “Gerard, calm down.”

“I fucking hate him.” Gerard moaned as Bert disappeared.

“Only a few more months, Gee.” I reached up to stroke his short hair. Man, I wish it was still long. Sometimes I still get huffy over him cutting it. “Plus, think of it this way. We’ve got a hotel room tonight, I had a nap so I’m all rested up…”

Gerard, who was now facing me, smiled mischievously.

“We’re gonna be the only ones in our room…” I continued. “All alone…”

Gerard kissed my neck, causing me to moan.

“Get a room.” Mikey grumbled, walking past us. He was still upset about being apart from Jeanna.

“We had a room until you came in!” Gerard called.

“You’re in the fucking corner, Gerard! Everyone can see you!”

“Don’t get pissy with me because you’re hung over!”

Mikey mumbled something, knocked a trash can over, and stormed off.

I pulled away from Gerard after quickly kissing him. “Duty calls.”

He nodded, then went off to grab a Diet Coke.

I followed Mikey outside. The place was deserted since all the kids were inside.

“Mikey, what’s wrong?”

Mikey took a deep breath. “I’m cheating on Jeanna.”

“What?!” I exclaimed. Even though I didn’t particularly like Jeanna I knew she was a good person deep down and didn’t deserve that.

“Look, I didn’t mean for it to happen. I just met her and I was so sick of watching you and Gerard making out… so we had sex.”

My eyebrow arched at that. “Had sex? Just like that? No dinner and a movie?”

“We’re both in bands. No time for that.”

“So you just… had sex?” I was still shocked. Mikey didn’t just have sex. Mikey was the sweet one, the nice one, the one in the band you could for sure approach without him seeming annoyed. Not “just had sex” guy.

“Yes.”

“Are you drunk?”

“No… maybe… yes, but that isn’t the point! The point is I fucked up and now I’ve gotta tell Jeanna… and break up with her.”

“Break up with her? Why?”

“Because I don’t love her.” Mikey sat on the floor and banged his head against the wall. “I don’t… I did but now I don’t.”

I didn’t, once again, understand. Him and Jeanna had seemed so in love… almost as much so as me and Gerard. Could that one day happen to me and Gerard? Would one of us just… fall out of love? That left me feeling sick because I’d loved Gerard since I was eleven. We’d been together four years now, five in November. I would have died long ago without Gerard.

“Well…” I said slowly. “I suppose… you’ve gotta do what you gotta do… but are you sure you don’t love her?”

“I’m sure.” Mikey said, sounding miserable. “She’s gonna fucking hate me.”

No shit, Mikey.

That wasn’t what I said. I did say, “Just tell her. Everything will be fine.”

“That’s easy for you to say. You and Gerard are so happy. Just wait until it falls through because it always does! Love doesn’t fucking exist! Soon he’s gonna drop you for… I dunno, that guy from Fall Out Boy or Adam from Taking Back Sunday.”

I tuned Mikey out and led him into the building. It was now almost time for us to go on. I ran to Gerard and kissed him passionately—now a must do before shows. He kissed me back equally as passionate before putting his bulletproof vest on. I felt the urge to, as Mikey used to say. “jump his bones” but knew I had to wait because the Used all came backstage, sweaty and loud. Bert looked at me and licked his lips. I felt Gerard’s arm against mine and felt comforted. Chances were
Slim-to-none that Bert would do anything with Gerard near me.

“Okay, guys! My Chemical Romance up!”
We all went onto the stage and were instantly greeted by a thunder of cheers.

Gerard’s POV

Frank had gone out with Bob to some book store (All Frank ever does if he isn’t with me is read.) and I was sitting outside of our bus, leaning on the side, and drawing. I had started out just drawing random lines but, looking down, I realized I was drawing Frank.

It was a cloudy day out and due to rain within the hour but where as our bus was like an oven it was cool outside. I had almost finished my drawing when everything around me suddenly got dark. I looked up to see Bert.

“Hello.” He said cheerfully, sitting down by me.

“Goodbye.” I stood up, but was roughly pulled down.

“You listen to me and you listen to me good.” Bert whispered in my ear, and then licked my cheek. I shuddered and pushed at him. “I will have your little boyfriend. You think him being surrounded will stop me? It won’t.”

“Leave Frank the hell alone.” I hissed, wrenching myself out of his grip. I stood up and looked down at him. “Leave him alone! Leave him the fuck alone!” I kicked Bert in the balls then ran onto our bus, slamming the door behind me.

Frank’s POV

When Bob and I got back from the bookstore I immediately went to find Gerard. He was lying in our bunk staring at the ceiling—which is really the bottom of Mikey’s bunk—with an angry look on his face, which was paler than usual.

“Gee?” I smiled at him and crawled into the bunk. “What’s wrong?”

“You’re gonna have to be careful around Bert, Frank.”

I felt my blood run cold. It did anytime anyone mentioned Bert. “What did he say?”

“Don’t worry about it. You’re just gonna need to be careful, okay?”

I nodded and sighed, pulling a bag of Skittles out of the grocery bag I brought into bed with me.

Gerard snorted and I smiled adorably.

“Can I have one?”

“I love you so much I’ll even give you a purple one, even though there my favorite.” I said, digging through the bag. I handed him three purples and he pressed a kiss to my neck before eating them.

I snuggled up to him and laid my head on his chest. “What did you draw today?”

He shrugged and wrapped his arms around me.

“Hmm? What was it?” I rested my hand on his stomach.

“Nothing good. I threw it away.”

I nodded and shoved some Skittles into my mouth. Gerard reached into the bag, pulled out a handful, and followed suite.

We quietly talked about anything for two hours until both of us were half asleep.

“I need sleep.” Gerard yawned.

I nodded in agreement, threw the empty bag of skittles aside, and wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around me and we snuggled together. I loved how I felt in his arms, like nothing could hurt me.

“Night, babe. I love you.” Gerard whispered, kissing me.

“Night. Love you.” I whispered back, before falling asleep…

/ “Please, Bert… just leave me alone.” I pleaded, tears in my eyes. Bert roughly shoved me against the brick wall and began unzipping my pants. “No, Bert… anything but that.”

“Maybe I’ll stop.” Bert panted. “If you give me Gerard.”

My eyes snapped open at Gerard’s name and I looked to see Mikey above us.

“It’s about time.” Mikey grumbled. “Gerard, mom’s on the phone.”

Gerard yawned and reached for the phone. Mikey passed it to him, and then closed our curtains back.

I took several deep breaths and wiped sweat off of my forehead.

“Hello, mom?” Gerard asked, voice thick with sleep. “No… I was just sleeping…”

I pressed a kiss to his neck before getting out of bed. His mom still didn’t know about us and I wasn’t sure how I felt about that. I mean, the woman hated me. I know that. But it still bugged me that Gerard hadn’t told her he was with me.

“Everyone is fine…” I heard him mutter. He was now out of bed as well and at our small table which was crowded with a computer and various bags of junk food.

I poured myself a bowl of Fruity Pebbles and looked around the bus. Bob was sleeping on the built in couch and Ray was no where to be seen so I assumed he was in his bunk. Mikey sat down by me on the floor and I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. Had he told Jeanna about what he did? If so, how did she take it? I didn’t want to ask in front of Gerard because I’m guessing he doesn’t know about it, but I’m still curious.

Mikey crossed his legs, put his head in his hands, and sighed deeply. Either his chat with Jeanna was nonexistent or it hadn’t gone well. I couldn’t tell which.

“Hey, Gee and I are going to a movie tonight.” I lied. “Wanna go with?”

Gerard looked up quickly at that, eyebrow arching. Mikey still had his head in his hands so I gave Gerard a dirty look and he went back to talking to his mother.

“I’m meeting someone tonight.” Mikey’s response came, but was muffled.

“Who?” I asked.

“Her name is Alicia.”

This made Gerard look up quickly again.

“So you told Jeanna?” I asked. “How’d it go?”

“It didn’t go.” Mikey stood up.

“What? You mean you’re just going to see some girl without breaking it off with Jeanna? Do you know how much of a sleazebag you’re being?” I whispered so Gerard couldn’t hear.

“Yes and yes.” Mikey snapped.

I stood up and followed him outside. “Mikey, call her and tell her.”

“I’m going to tonight.”

“Call her now.” I pulled out my cell phone and extended it towards him. He looked at it a few minutes, then took a deep breath and took it from me. I went back onto the bus to give him some privacy and found Gerard was off of the phone.

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing.” I said, going to the table. I saw a drawing on it and picked it up. It was a picture of me, only I looked different. Like better than I usually do. The picture was a better me. I looked at Gerard. “This is really good.”

His face turned red.

“The only problem is it isn’t me.”

“Huh?” His eyebrow arched. It seemed to do that a lot today. Maybe I’ll call him “Eyebrow Archy Gee”. Hahaha.

“I don’t like this good…”

“That’s exactly what you look like.” Gerard countered defensively. “What, you don’t think you look that good?”

“No.” I shrugged. “It is good though.”

“Frank, you do look good. I mean, c’mon. You’re hot.”

“I’m a 5’4 freak.” I muttered as he pulled me towards him. He pulled me onto his lap and I buried my head in the crook of his neck. “I had a nightmare last night.”

“What happened?” Gerard asked.

“Bert was going to rape me and he said he’d quit if I let him have you.” I whispered.

“Oh…”

I looked up and smiled at him, then ran my fingers through his short hair. He had recently dyed a patch of blond in the back and I fingered it. His hair wasn’t as bad as I had thought it would be short. It did take a while for me to get used to it and I do still miss his long hair like hell, but it won’t be short forever. Unless he cuts it again. And I refuse to let him.

He smiled and squeezed me close to him. We sat there, sort of uncomfortably cuddling, until Ray came in.

“Man, the fro is out of whack this morning!” I laughed, seeing him. Gerard turned around to look and also laughed. He tossed a nearby jacket at us, grumbling.

Gerard pulled the jacket over our heads and kissed me passionately. I giggled into his lips before returning the kiss. After another— okay, a few more— quick kisses I pulled the jacket off of our heads and saw Bob was awake. “Bobby bear! Oh, buddy, oh, pale, how ya doing Poo?”

Bob’s eyebrow arched. “It’s too fucking early to confuse me. You know that.”

I giggled and sat by him. “I feel hyper today.”

“No one can tell.” Mikey said, coming into the bus.

“Hey, that’s sarcasm. I used to be good at that.” I said cheerfully.

“Someone needs to sedate the oompa loompa.” Ray called from somewhere.

“Yeah well they want the forest back, Ray! Apparently you aren’t allowed to wear them on your HEAD!” I fell to the side, laughing.

“If you thought that was funny, Frankie-boy, you have some serious issues.” Bob sad, patting my head.

I quit laughing and pouted. The bus fell silent except for the traffic outside.

“I don’t like it.” I whispered.

Someone threw a towel at me and I pouted even bigger.

"Don't like what?" Mikey asked.

"The quiet." I whispered.

"We all know you don't like quiet." Gerard laughed. "That's why there's never any peace around here."

"I don't like the quiet." I repeated.

Mikey and Gerard exchanged looks.

"Maybe that coma is finally turning him loony." Bob offered, patting me on the head.

I growled up at him. "Bad boy."

Everyone exchanged looks. I grinned and pounced on Gee, knocking him to the floor.

"I'm ready to fuck, buddy. C'mon, c'mon, c'mon."

"Did anyone, like, pass his Pixi Stix in his sleep?" Gerard asked, being pulled up.

Ray grinned. "Guilty."

Gerard’s POV

Frank finally calmed down around ten that night and was quite exhausted and to be frank, so was I. Much as I love Frank to death twenty times is really to much times to fuck in one day. I think I’m sexed out for a good two days at least. Which will be a big record for me, let me tell you. There haven’t been many shows where me and Frank haven’t fucked either directly before or afterwards. Hell, most times we do both.

I think Ray was being serious about passing him Pixi Stix in his sleep. I had thought he was joking—after all, how could you really even DO that—but it was ongoing. If he wasn’t fucking me or vice versa he was fucking hopping around or playing guitar and hopping around or God knows what else he did when I wasn’t in the same room with him.

It’s kind of disturbing really, how hyper one person can get. Especially such a small person. I don’t see why I’m always surprised thought because how many times have I encountered this?

But seriously, running around singing Like A Virgin full with a dance? That’s even past Frank’s hyperest days. So, yeah. Ray must’ve slipped him some Pixi Stix… though I can’t find how. I’ll have to ask him.

Oh, no. Here Frank comes again. I thought he was tired… Please tell me he doesn’t wanna fuck again. I’m serious here, my dick is gonna fall off soon…

Frank’s POV

Singing Like a Virgin and dancing around all day is very exhausting. That night after twenty-one fucks I was so tired I couldn’t sleep. I mean, honestly. Gerard just couldn’t keep his hands off of me yesterday. It must be that damn Oompa Loompa sexiness or something.

Hehehehehe. They didn’t find my Skittles. Victory shall be mine…

Wow, I really need to quit eating all of the purple ones first. Damn!

Mikey’s POV

Apparently fucking as much as Frank and Gerard did yesterday has made them both grumpy. Plus, Gerard is walking kind of slow which means he wasn’t the dominant one yesterday… oh, ew! Yuck! Bad images! I did not need to picture my big brother being…. Ew!

“Move out of my fucking way.” Gerard grumbled, pushing me to the side slightly to get in the small fridge under our table.

“Aren’t we a ray of sunshine this morning.” Bob laughed.

“I DIDN’T DO IT!” Ray called.

I snorted and looked to Frank who was clutching his stomach and lying on a couch. Apparently it isn’t safe to eat so much junk food in one day if you’re so small. At least that’s what he told me grudgingly as I sat down by him.

Gerard headed back into his bunk with a bottle of Orange Juice, Ray was still no where to be seen but we could hear him, and Bob was sitting at the computer IM-ing his girlfriend.

Frank moaned something about never eating Skittles again.

“Can I get that in writing?” Bob asked, smirking.

“Noo.” Frank moaned.

“Oh, don’t tease the oompa loompa.” Ray said, coming in. “He’ll get all grumpy.”

“Too late.” I said cheerfully. I don’t know why I was so cheerful since I’d earlier told my girlfriend I was cheating on her, but I was. Maybe I’m slightly psychotic.

“We don’t have any shows today, right? Because I can’t walk straight.”

Apparently Frank wasn’t dominant the whole time either.

EWWWWWWWWWW!!! Do they HAVE to talk about that in front of me? I’m only Gerard’s little brother and Frank’s best friend! I don’t need to know THOSE things though. I mean, I don’t tell them about getting blow jobs from Alicia or fucking her. I think they should treat me with the same respect.

Hahaha. Frank’s now sworn off of Pixi Stix as well. Now I can only wonder what there is left for him to eat. Chocolate, but he’ll get to that soon enough. I wonder if he’s gonna take the vegetarian thing to the next level and ONLY eat vegetable. Yuck, that would be nasty. Who can live without the fruitiness of Skittles or the chocolateyness of chocolate? Not me. But I do think, seeing Frank in such agony, I will skip eating the M&Ms a while. Besides, soon he’ll be taking up the bathroom and it’d be really bad if two people were…. Doing those things.

Frank’s POV

Okay, you know how they say what comes up must come down? I don’t know if you could even compare it to a sugar high, but that’s happened.

I ate so much sugar yesterday that, since noon yesterday, I’ve been barfing straight. Gerard took me to a doctor and just guess what they said? Go on and fucking guess.

With my “health state” too much sugar would “Cause a risk” and with my body “in its current state” it could lead to “Diabetes or, worse, another permanent coma.” So now not only am I vomiting all fucking day but they stripped the place. They even found my secret stash (in Gerard’s underwear drawer, no wonder they found it… wonder if Bob has an underwear drawer.) so now I have to go buy some more for my stash and find a place to stash it.

Since I’m puking up my guts I also can’t perform today. The guys go on in twenty minutes and what is poor small oompa loompa sized Frank Anthony Iero doing? Why, I am sitting in our way-too-fucking-small bathroom on our way-too-fucking-small tour bus puking. And Gerard has the nerve to tell me it “isn’t so bad” and to “quit being such a ass”? It is bad and I have a right to be a ass! Don’t they realize, by taking sugar away they are taking a part of me away? And poor sick Frankie isn’t giving up his sugar bone without a fight. Oh, no he isn’t.

Is there a such thing as a sugar bone?

I wonder where they hid my stash… I bet it’s like somewhere they think I’d never look.

I know! I’ll check my underwear drawer! I never wear those because Gerard always takes them off anyway. Hahahahaha.