Lucifer's Angel

Terror

Against my expectations, Miles’ friend showed up to pick me up for school at six A.M. the next morning. The guy was tall, much taller than miles, muscular, and near emotionless when I got into the car. He had spiked brown hair and his eyes were just as dark. He was wore a white dress shirt, black pants with an expensive looking watch on his wrist. How Miles knew this guy, I had no idea. Miles worked at the animal shelter along with Katharine and neither of them new any… business-y type of people that I knew of, anyway.

As he stopped at a red light, I looked over hearing the faint clink of metal. Around his neck hung silver dog tags and a necklace that held the symbol of the united military. Strange, I thought to myself. What’s up with all the military stuff here lately? First those officers in Mr. Myung’s room, now this guy?

‘’Uh, what was your name again,’’ I asked, toying with the zipper on my bag. In all actuality, Miles hadn’t told me his name for some reason.

‘’Johann,’’ he stated flatly.

‘’Ah, okay. So, Johann, where do you work? I’m guessing you’re apart of the United Military, am I right?’’ I asked, looking back to the road just in time to see him turn down a wrong road.

‘’Hey, where are you going, the high school is the other way,’’ I said, slightly confused.

‘’We aren’t going to the high school,’’ he replied. I looked over at him like he was insane.

‘’Where the hell are we going then,’’ I hissed, reaching into my pocket for my pocket knife in case I needed it.

‘’I’m under orders from Command General Armstrong to take you head quarters.’’

‘’What, wh-‘’ I screamed suddenly as my window shattered. Before I could even realized what was going on, the car moved from the outer lane, crashing into something. My body flew forward at the sudden, jarring stop, and my head connected with the dashboard, making me dizzy. With a hand on the aching part of my forehead, I pushed open the passenger side door and climbed out. As I did so, I looked back to see if the other man was okay. My eyes widened seeing him covered in blood, unmoving.

Terrified, I turned, slumped down to the ground and onto my knees beside the car. The man was definitely dead. Despite my aching head telling me not to, I looked up, my vision blurring. As it came into focus slightly, across the street, which was unusually empty, I could see someone standing there. Before my vision could entirely focus though, someone stood in front of me, blocking my view.

‘’Lafayette,’’ came a familiar voice. ‘’Get her out of here.’’

‘’Yes, sir,’’ came another. I looked over, feeling a hand on my shoulder. A guy with short, dirty blonde hair in a military uniform was there beside me. He smiled reassuringly at me as he pulled me away from the car. Without my consent, he picked me up and started to run in the opposite direction, towards the steep bank to the left and onto another street. I looked over my shoulder to see a sudden blast of fire before we disappeared over the edge of the road, sliding down the bank.

The next thing I knew, in my disoriented state, I was in a different car, and the guy with beside me. I put my hand over my eyes. All of this motion was making me even more dizzy. The driver’s side door opened and I took the liberty of looking up. From what I could see, it was another man in a military uniform with shaggy, black hair. What in the hell was going on?

I jumped feeling a hand on my shoulder.

‘’You okay,’’ the blonde asked. Reaching into my pocket once more, I grabbed my knife, quickly flipped it opened and slashed at him. He easily dodged it, though.

‘’Hey now, there’s no need for you to go and try and cut one of my fingers off, kid. We’re trying to help you. You can trust us,’’ he explained. Military or not, I didn’t trust these guys; I didn’t know them.

‘’What the hell is going on,’’ I asked as the car speed down the street. The blonde next to me grabbed onto the handle above the window as the car turned suddenly, not slowing down once. I just slid further into the right door.

‘’We’ll explain once we get you somewhere safe,’’ the blonde explained, with a small, friendly smile. Something told me that he understood exactly how I was feeling. I just nodded slightly, not caring anymore. My head was pounding too much for me to think. It was only then that I noticed I was shaking uncontrollably. I wrapped my arms around myself and closed my eyes tightly, trying to convince myself this couldn’t possibly be happening.

‘’You okay,’’ blondey asked again. I didn’t answer him.

‘’Hang on,’’ the other man spoke, turning sharply again. My eyes snapped open as I began to slide across the seat towards the blonde guy. He caught me by the shoulders as I slid into him so I couldn’t move around anymore.

‘’Colonel, you’re gonna make the pour girl sick,’’ he said, laughing somewhat. The car had come to a stop now, and I was grateful for that. When the blonde opened the door, I wasted no time in pushing him out. I got out after him and leaned against the car. The other man, the one that had been driving, looked over at me. I immediately recognized him.

‘’You’re the guy that was in Mr. Myung’s room yesterday,’’ I commented.

‘’So you remember me,’’ he said flatly. Ignoring the pounding headache I now had, I stood straight, glaring at the dark haired man.

‘’What was your name again, Matthews or something,’’ I asked.

‘’Lieutenant Colonel Roy Michaels’’ he clarified.

‘’Gotcha, do either of you mind telling me just what the hell is going on?’’

‘’We need to go upstairs to the meeting room. Lafayette, take her to the infirmary first to make sure she’s alright.’’

‘’Yes, sir,’’ the blonde, I’m guessing his last name was Lafayette, replied obediently without question.

‘’Wait, what? No, I’m fine, now explain, dammit,’’ I snapped. The Colonel turned back to me as he started to leave.

‘’I’ll explain soon enough,’’ he replied bluntly, turning away once more. Lafayette leaned over.

‘’It’s best if you just go along with thing right now,’’ he said quietly. I turned on him with a death glare and he backed up a bit.

‘’Lets just go up to the infirmary. When we know you’re alright, we’ll explain everything, I promise,’’ Lafayette added.

‘’Fine.’’
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't like the title of this one. I'm not even entirely sure if I like the description in this chapter either.

Just when you think the bloodshed has died down, it pops up again. This chapter is a tad bit short, but the next will make up for it! Why do you think Katharine and Miles had to go into work early in the first place?

Tell me what you think! You get to meet the Colonel's team real soon. :)

SPECIAL THANKS TO: Frozen December Moon, 'cause she's awesome! :)