Status: Slowly but surly

Clumsy in Love Wedding

Pool Party I

"Hey! Snap out of it!" Linda, my boss, yelled at me.

I shook my head quickly and looked around. There were a few customers who needed help finding some perfumes or seemed to be busy smelling the ones on display. What the heck did Linda need my help with

"Why? Everyone seems perfectly fine!" I laughed, but was really confused.

"Oh I wasn't referring to the people. I meant your god damn phone that doesn't stop buzzing!" She replied and headed to the back.

I smiled and quickly took my phone out. It was a message from Amaryllis. Oh goodies! I thought and opened the message. It was a picture of her and Josh somewhere in Dallas. I chuckled and replied back saying I was glad she was having fun.

While she was off enjoying her honeymoon, the rest of us girls had to work. Ugh, I know. I was working at a high class fragrance store full time for the summer. Iris was working as an assistant at an art gallery. Delphine was working at music store. Casablanca was working as an assistant at a doctors office. Heather was working as a party organizer. And Watsonia was working as a photographer for a fashion magazine. We were all working for our dream job. Mine was to create a new fragrance. Iris was to be an artist and own an art gallery of her own. Delphine wanted to own a record company that wouldn't rip people off. Heather wanted to be a big time party organizer for some sort of famous company. And Sonia wanted to be a Fashion Editor.

Amaryllis wanted to be an Early Childhood Educator, but she was too busy making kissing faces to her new husband.

"You look happy."

I looked up from putting a new bottle in the box and smiled at Charlie. "Charlie! Good to see you!" I smiled and walked around to counter and gave him a big hug that he returned as well.

"But that's not why you were smiling." Charlie chuckled as he pulled away.

"Oh, I was just thinking about Amaryllis and her husband."

Charlies eyes went super wide and he almost choked as he drank from his Pepsi. "Shes married!"

"Yes brother! Relax!" I laughed and rolled my eyes as I went back to putting away perfume bottles.

"What! When? Why didn't I hear about it? Or why wasn't I invited?" He said, almost hurt.

"Because you were in Africa helping the poor children and fixing homes. That's why. Its okay, it was last week anyway. They are on their honeymoon now." I replied, looking up at him. He gave a small sigh and nodded.

"No one else got married while I was away right? Blanca?"

I snorted. Not yet, I thought. "No big bro, no one else, got married. Including your Blanca." I laughed a bit at my big brothers crush. He had graduated this year, so he was two years older than the girls and I. And in all those years, he hasn't seem to get over Casablanca. As a matter of fact, it seems like his affections toward her have only gotten bigger.

Oh boy.

"So....What are you doing later tonight?" My brother tried to change the subject.

"Well I'm hanging out with the girls tonight, but you are definitely welcomed to come! I'm sure they all missed you also!" I said with a smile. Because I knew they did miss him. He was like a big brother to all of us.

"Great! Where are we going?" He asked.

"Pool party!" I laughed and jumped up and down as I heard him groan in protest.

*******
"Don't you guys ever get tired of doing the same thing!" My brother said as we made our way toward my friends at the pool party. It was Heathers party obviously. She had enough money to host five parties in a day if she really wanted to.

"Of course not!" I smiled and poked my brothers ribs and skipped over toward the girls.

"Free!" Sonia smiled and gave me a hug.

"Glad you made it." Delphine said with a smile and hugged me also.

"Yep!" Iris said with a nod.

"Charlie." I heard Casablanca say gently and I looked at Charlie and Blanca to see their eyes locked. I couldn't help but give a small smile.

"Charlie!" Heathers voice came from behind Charlie and she hugged his waist with a smirk. "Damn, talk about muscles! You sure don't lack any!"

Sonia laughed and shook her head. "Charlie! Glad to have ya back!" She said and gave him a hug.

"Glad to be back!" He said with a smile and looked at everyone, but his eyes lingered on Blanca's before looking away.

"Okay! Enough hellos and time to get into the pool!" Heather shouted and everyone cheered rushing to the pool.

"Coming?" Delphine asked me.

"I'll be there in a bit." I said with a smile and she wiggled her eyes brows before walking off with the rest of the girls.

Where was he? I wondered. I took out my phone and dialed his number. He picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Larkson! Baby! Where are you? I thought you'd be here by now...."

"Oh...uh, I'm not going to the pool party tonight Freesia." He replied and I frowned.

"Why?" I ask, with a small pout on my lips.

"Its just...its just not my thing. You know that."

"Yeah, but I thought you'd at least come for me." I snapped a bit.

"Free, please don't act this way. Its just a pool party."

"I don't care about the dumb ass pool Larkson. I care about being by your side. Gosh, I thought you'd know that by now."

"Fre-"

"No. Just stop. Ill see you when i do then." I shut my phone off and took my skirt off. Carefully placing my phone under my things, I slipped out of my shoes and made my way over to the pool in my bikini.

"Everything okay?" Iris asked from inside the pool.

"Just great!" I said a bit too excitedly. Everyone looked at each other for a bit before continuing their chat.

But Sonia continued to look at me.

I sighed and got into the pool. "What." I snapped at her.

She raised an eyebrow and put her hands up. "Whoa, relax there. I didn't say anything."

"Your face said it all." I shrugged and looked around.

"Is something-"

"No okay. Just...lets just have a good time okay." I told her and saw a few guys looking over at us. Hhmm....I thought and smiled.

"Uh, okay..." Sonia replied, a bit unsure.

"Hey boys!" I yelled out and waved them over with a smile.

"What are you doing?" Delphine whispered beside me.

"I'm having fun!" I laughed shaking my head. If Larkson wasn't going to come, fine. But I WAS going to have fun.

With or without him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyyyy!! Another update! Yayaa, Lol! So...I dont think this story will be too long, but Im not sure. Im really trying to finnish
Its Only A Dance Step so incase I dont really update on anything else, this is why! Hope you guys are enjoying the story! Keep reading!
Special thanks to Nataley2610 for commenting!

Comment/Recommend/Subscribe! Love ya'll!