Status: Completed.

The Forbidden Fruit

Protected

The silence was deafening. Neither Demelza nor I made a sound. I wondered how much she knew, had she known what was going on when she had chased Grace and George away.
"Heed my words child," she said as she looked outside the window again, "do not be decieved by him. He is just like his grandfather, cunning and devious in his ways."
It did make me wonder. Where was Demelza's husband? Grace was evidence of the fact that Demelza was probaby once married in the past.
"I know that you are not merely working here as a maid Elise," she said as she walked towards me, "you are his mistress are you not?"
I remained silent, wondering if it was fine for me to tell Demelza or not. She glared at me, "are you not?"
I nodded my head and she sighed again. Grace entered with a bowl of water and a towel. Without saying a word, she left with her bag in her hand. Demelza took the towel and started wiping the bruises that Darius had inflicted on me earlier.
"Very well. I shall tell you my story," Demelza frowned, "a long while ago, when I was a beautiful maiden, Daniel Rutherford took an interest in me. He was young, handsome and all the women adored him. The young master is indeed a spitting image of his grandfather."
I gasped, but not from the pain of Demelza pressing against the cut.
"Obsidian black hair, jade green eyes and that dazzling smile," she said as her eyes gleamed at her reminiscence of Daniel, "he took me in as his mistress, lying that I had a debt to pay. Even though he was married, many a times he would spend the night in my room. Not long after, I was with child. I was caring Grace's mother in my womb and Daniel's wife figured I had been sleeping with her husband."
She was now tying the laces of my dress and I could feel the pain in her voice.
"Daniel denied that he was the father," Demelza said, her voice now shaking, "he ridiculed me in front of society and I found out the debt that I was supposedly paying with my body had not been there to begin with. Out of anger, Daniel's wife made up a fake debt and I am still paying it to this very day. It was to preserve their own and social standing. Elise, I don't know what has made you become the master's mistress, but I can assure you nothing good will come from it. You are also now betrothed to George. You need to talk to Darius and see to it that this agreement you have with each other is broken."
I felt as she brushed my hair. It felt good and I felt special -like a princess.
"I would if I could," I replied, shocked to here that Demelza was once a mistress, "but he said that I belong to him now."
The brush dropped to the floor as Demelza shook, her body against mine. I turned round to look at her and her eyes were wide open.
"...then it is too late for you," she whispered, tears almost pouring out her eyes, "end it with George whilst you still can or he will end it for you. The master always gets what he wants."
Her hand flew to her mouth as she looked at me, pity in her eyes. She put both her hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eye, "Elise. The master. His mother was ever so strict. She never gave him what he wanted, so he learnt how to get the things he wanted by his own means and for sure, he did get it. This Manor is proof of it. His mother swore she would never leave this place, but do you see her anywhere? He drove her away. There is nothing more you can do Elise. If you do not do his bidding, he will break you!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler guys...
There has been a lot drama going on so a little explanatory chapter before the drama again. Thanks again for reading, commenting, subscribing and recommending.
Looking for stories to read as well, so if you are writing a story and want me to read it, inbox me or comment (inbox preferred). I don't usually read fanfiction, but I do enjoy it at times, so yeah....anything will do, but original fiction preferred. I promise to leave a comment and recommendation ;) because I'm nice like that.