Status: Completed.

The Forbidden Fruit

Pertrifying truth

The more I looked into it the more depressed I got. Not only did I realize that the debt was not faked, but that my father had agreed to give all his children away as slaves in order to pay for the debt.
That was only half the of it. The amount Darius had shown me was only a quarter of the full debt. He was making me pay a quarter of the whole debt and I was not even half way through paying it.
The debt itself did not only date to the days before I was born, it dated way back, before my own parents were even born. My great-grandparents had been indebted to the Rutherford's. I tried to calculate how much the whole debt would be with the interest as well, but I was unaware of the number that came after hundred thousands.
According to the law, Darius did not have to go through the process of making me his mistress. Legally speaking I was his slave and the same went for Albert and Gwendolyn. My father had signed the form. My own father was ready to give me away without a second thought.
I saw someone walk in with a candle and I tried to put away the documents and hide at the same time, but it was impossible.
"Elise," I heard Darius' rich voice say as he became visible. He had washed the blood of his hands and taken his blazer off. He only had to take one look at me to know that I now knew the truth, "you should not have come here."
I had loathed him with every morsel in my body and he had taken all my hate.
"Why?"
He put the candle down and took the documents from my hand. He did not say anything as he placed them in the right order and put them away. I stood there in silence, staring at him. I did not know how to react. I wondered if I should cry. Cry that my own father had betrayed me. I wondered if I should slam my fist against the wall to show my anger. I thought of the different emotions I should have felt at that very moment, but none of them were good enough. None of them could truly express the emotion inside me. All I could do was feel nothing, but was that even possible?
"Darius," I called out when I noticed he had finished packing everything away, "this whole time. You were protecting me. I treated you so badly and you put up with it. Why Darius?"
He walked towards me and wrapped his hand round my waist, the other on my cheek, "because I love you Elise. I know I am not the best at showing it to you, but deep down, I do love you. More than anything in this world. And that is why I can not bare the thought of you marrying George in my stead."
I felt his lips against mine. This time, I did not push him away like I always did. I wrapped my hands round his neck and welcomed it. My submission took him by surprise. He groaned with pleasure as our tongues touched, the kiss deepening.
I began to unbutton his shirt, my hands shaking. It was clear I was nervous, but he did not help me. He watched patiently as I reciprocated his passion. I unbuckled his belt and removed his trousers. We resumed kissing as he undressed me.
Our breathing grew heavy as he prepared me. His tongue licking my clit. His hands touching all the right places, little moans escaping my lips. The pleasure was overwhelming. Every single part of my body was responding well to him. My ears were hot, my cheeks red.
"Darius," I cried out as he fingered me. He looked at me, his face filled with happiness or was it ecstasy or maybe lust. Either way, he looked different from usual, he looked truly happy as if he had reached Aristotle's famous eudaimonia. He murmured "I love you", a few times before he got serious.
He sent me into a screaming climax as he thrust his member inside me. I could hear his groans as he made love to me. His hand gently stroking my head, the other coaxing me to look into his eyes. The thrill that came with it was beautiful. It was because this was forbidden. Forbidden how, you may ask? That was because I was betrothed to another man yet here I was enjoying the touch of another. I was begging him for more, I did not want the experience to end.
This is what I truly wanted. Our bodies joined together as one. He was the one my body longed for, yearned for even. I tried to find the logical reason to explain why I was suddenly feeling all this for Darius, but I could not find the answer. However, it made me wonder if this truly was love or lust? What was this feeling I was feeling?
I opened my eyes to find myself laying on top of Darius. Hot flesh against each other as our body intertwined. The brilliance of the moon illuminated his face. He was handsome indeed. He opened his eyes at my movement and smiled.
"You need to go to your chambers now Elise," he said, my ears delighting at the endearment rolling of his tongue, his lips pressing against mine.
Quickly, I slipped into my dress and ran off, leaving him in the study. I saw a candle flickering in my room and wondered who it might be. I opened the bedroom door to find George sitting on the floor with the food for our midnight feast laid down neatly. He yawned and smiled when he saw me enter.
"I have been waiting for you all this time," he grinned, happy to see me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update of the night. You may also stop recommending your books. I think I have enough for the meanwhile. Yep, yet another cheesy chapter. Corrected the mistakes.