Status: ;3 Active & my favorite idea. <3

The Return.

Recollect

My face flushes. The stinging ice water eats into my pores. My body shoots up and looks at the source of the madness. Her pale face reddens. My glaring eyes study her. She's holding a black mug shaped like a bat. I shake my head while slowly running my fingers through my wet strings of hair.

"What was that for?!" I ask. Throwing my legs off the patient bed, I hang them down onto the connected stool. Her forehead creases as the curve of her lips begin to flatten.

"Why are you here? How did you find me? What do you want?" Dakota asks, she sits her mug down next to me and folds her arms. She rubs her elbows with her fingers as she paces back and forth.

"I'm not here to be questioned," I state, jumping off the bed. I quickly fall back onto to it the moment my feet hit the ground. My hand jolts towards my left shoulder clenching my hand tightly onto it. "I must've dislocated my shoulder," I declare. Why am I talking to her like she's my doctor? I look at her: dark red converse, sleek black jeans, ruby lacy top. My eyes rise up her body. She's got on a rather expensive necklace.

"You didn't I checked. You just bruised it a bit from your fall." She answers. Dropping her hands as she walks over to the small barred window. Her eyes delicately glance out of it. I rub my shoulder with my thumb and get back to my feet.

I push my feet into my shoes and take a few steps towards her. I stop when one of my shoes falls off. I look down towards my feet. My eyes roll as I look at my shoes without laces. My eyes move back towards her. I'm at a lost of words. My eyes squint as I look down at her shoes.

"You get special treatment or what?" I question. The last girl that talked to me in this place was wearing one of those stereotypical plain gown. Maybe her normal clothes were being washed? Dakota's eyebrows narrow. She turns her head towards me bemused. Her hazel eyes fall down to her feet then trail their way over to mine. She bites her lip and gazes back at me.

"I'm...I deserve it," She shakes her head, making her black locks flow in the air. "Why haven't you answered any of my questions? Stop digressing and just tell me, please," A line creates on her forehead as she looks at me frustrated. Doesn't she know that face can get her anywhere...
Plus, it's just like her to use words I don't understand.

"I need your help," I plainly state. I walk steadily towards the wall then press one my hand against it near her face. As I lean forward a grin appears on her face, she nods lightly.

"I see," Dakota utters, rolling her sleeves up. The tattoos on her right arm come into view. She grabs her hair laying on her back and pushes it all on her right shoulder.

"I mean, I know you don't owe me anything...but I can pay you or what not-"

"-Pay me! What is it that you want me to do?!"

"Nothing, I just need you to tell me," I explain. I take my hand off the wall and stand up straight. My hands are beginning to sweat. I wipe them on my jeans and wait for her eyes to meet up with mine.

"Okay, ask away then Daniel," Dakota replies softly. Her eyes examine my face. The probing of her stare claws at my heart.

"Well since you can't leave here, just tell me how I can get someone out of the Brock Plantation." I splurt out. I press my tongue up against the top of my mouth trying to prevent me from saying more.

"Leave," Dakota requests. She lifts up her arm and points towards the door. I look over at the door and then back to her finger. Her deep violet nail polish consumes my thoughts. I arch my eyebrows while I look at her face.

"They let you paint your nails in this place?" I ask. The questions that I'm continually asking are quite ridiculous. Her angered glare softens as she removes her eyes from the door to her nails. She folds her arms once again, hiding her fingers beneath her arms. Her lips purse. I know she's about to say something.

"Please, I love her and I don't want her to-"

"-End up like me?" Dakota wittingly remarks. Her words pierce my insides and I have to look away. "It's okay, I know you're thinking it..." I cower. My head turns towards her as she continues. "Why would you like her after leaving there anyways?"

I chew on the inside of my cheek, rationalizing the ideas in my head. My gray eyes, sympathetically fixed on her. Dakota sullenly drops her eyes onto the ground and exhales softly. There isn't any excuse that I can use that could heal the wounds I created.

"I never meant to hurt you,"

Dakota scoffs as her head sways back and forth. "You never hurt me," She waltz towards the door and grabs at the handle. "That place did,"

I sigh, watching her as she twists the doorknob.
"Can you leave?"

"I left THAT place didn't I?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image