Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

Joe Brooks - Superman

I let my mind fly away for a minute, before I began to assess the damage. Breathing in and out slowly I determined that my ribs were fine. I knew my lip was busted and my arm was killing me, so I looked down at it. I winced, seeing the large chunk of glass lodged in my forearm. The blood was enough to make my eye sight blur. Knowing I had to clean up the glass that surrounded me, I pushed myself onto my feet, careful to avoid the glass. Cradling my injured arm to my chest, I walked to the kitchen to grab the broom and dust pan. Using one arm I swept up the glass.

Feeling overwhelmed, I climbed the stairs and headed into my room. With my back facing the window, I walked into the connected bathroom and found the first aid kit under the sink. Not bothering to look in the mirror, I opened the kit and began searching for the tweezers.

"Your dad here?" I jumped at his voice, moving my arm so it hid behind my back. I didn't look him in the eye, keeping my head down. I shook my head though.

"Are you okay?" He whispered. I could feel the warmth that was radiating from his skin. I nodded my head again.

"What's with the first aid kit then?" I could see the tips of his shoes from in between my vision. His presence made my tummy erupt in butterflies. I didn't say anything, choosing to go completely silent. I heard him shuffle closer to me, and after a second I saw his tattooed fingers enter my vision. He hesitated for a second before I felt his warm, long fingers on my chin. When my eyes landed on his face, I noticed his jaw tense.

"Thought you said you were ok." He stated. His voice hard and nothing like I've ever heard him use with me before. He must've noticed me cringe because his eyes softened.

"No more lying to me love." He whispered. pressing his lips to my forehead. Leaning into him, I closed my eyes and let him in. I let my walls down and let the feeling of his safety in. Sighing, I pushed away from him, and moved my injured arm out in the open. I saw his eyes shift downward. The bleeding hadn't stopped and it looked considerably worse.

"I have to call Jaime over. I don't know how to fix this." He whispered.

"I can do it." Pulling my eyes away from his eye line. My heart was beating heavily in my chest. My blood wasn't flowing out of the cut, instead the glass acting as a cork.

"Not by yourself, and I don't know how to help. Just let me call Jaime, he is good with this while first aid thing." I still wanted to object, but he had grabbed my attention, and the look he was giving me told me not to argue with him.

"Okay?" I sighed at his question, but nodded in his direction. Standing next to him made me realize how much taller he was compared to me. Standing as tall as I could without going on my tip toes, I was directly in from of his chest. The part that was equivalent to his armpit.

"Jaime. Can you come over to Angels? It's pretty bad." With his free hand, he twirled my hair in his fingers.

"She has glass......embedded in her arm." When he hesitated to tell Jaime the injuries I had sustained, I pushed my head into his chest, burrowing my forehead into the fabric of his shirt.

"I don't know man. I don't want to ask her." I could feel him talk through the vibrations in his chest. It seemed to calm the sporadic beating of my heart. He smelled like cigerates and laundry detergent. Something that seemed to make all the bad things go away. At least he pushed all the bad thoughts away. The "I told you so's" and the "you got what you deserved".

"It's about an inch in." I could feel the adrenaline leave my body. My eyes drooped and I let my weight fall into Mike's body. it caused him to stumble , he caught himself before we both slipped onto the floor, and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"She's not losing a lot of blood, but she seems like she is falling asleep." He must of switched his phone to speaker phone because I heard Jaime's voice through the tiny device.

"Lay her down, but keep her arm in the air. Try to keep her awake though." I closed my eyes, pushing my head into Mikey's chest again.

"Alright. Hold on." I could feel myself being lifted into the air. My right side was against Mikey's chest, with my left arm cradled to my chest. His arms were under my back and my knees. I pushed my head back into him, but this time in his neck. My nose barely skimming the warmth of his neck.

"Angela. When is your dad coming back?" I heard Jaime ask through the phone.

"He won't be. Not for two days." I whispered slowly. Mike placed me on my bed, close to the edge, so he could keep my arm elevated.

"The guys are coming with me. we're going to get you out of there." I turned my attention to Mike, who was using one hand to hold my arm up and the other to run across my forehead. I couldn't help but to start to close my eyes and fall asleep.

"Open your eyes baby." But it was too late. I had already given in to the darkness.