Status: Active but Busy..(new story soon?)

Dangerously Luminous

Just Another Book Half Un-Read~Damian's POV~

Someone knocked on the door. I groaned, ending up on the floor, in my boxers. Who could possibly want my attention now? I looked at the clock, 6:00 o'clock exactly. Who even gets up at this hour anymore? I had been used to getting up around noon since I no longer lived on Earth nor did I have to go to school. I hesitantly walked to the door, noticing that someone slipped a piece of paper under it.

I looked through the peep-hole in the door. There was no trace that anyone had been there. Huh. Council had a weird way of getting information around. I picked up the envelope, which contained a single note that read:

Mr. Harper,
Your Mortal Will Be Kyler Vadicant.
You Will Find Him. We Will Put You In The Area.
You Will Know It Is Him When You Find Him.
If You Harm Him or LET Him Die, SERVERE Consequences Will Be Dealt. Be Careful. We Have Read Into Some Of Their Plans, If He Is Not Protected Soon, He Is Weak Enough To Be Taken Any Minute. If You Fail Us, We Might As Well Have Lost The War Already.
You Are Dismissed.
You Have 20 Minutes To Be Down At The Portal. Go.
-The Council

I got dressed quickly in a black shirt and some old gray skinny jeans, fixed my hair, and set off, leaving the Cloud Realm, through the portal that lead to Earth. I walked out of the portal, and looked around. I was in a strangely familiar place, Dallas, Texas. I know this place..I grew up here. Wandering around the town, I found the high school. I looked closer and there were three kids, two kids bigger than the third. Something caught my attention for a minute, distracting me, when I looked back the smaller, brown haired kid was on the ground. I ran over and asked the two kicking him, they turned around,

“What are you guys up to?” I asked in an attempt to distract them.

“Nothing.” One of them said, both of them glaring at the kid on the ground before sauntering off. I picked up the skinny kid, he was real light, and bleeding, a lot, and I could hardly tell he was breathing. He must have passed out. I ran to the hospital a few blocks away, and bolted through the doors.

“NURSE! NURSE!” I yelled panicked.

“Yes, What's wrong?” she asked politely What does it LOOK like?

“He passed out, a few kids at school were beating him up.” I said anxiously awaiting her response. While he was getting stitches, the nurse questioned me,

“And who are you?” She asked

“His brother.” I lied, but it was the only way I'd be able to make sure he was okay. He had a really strong aura. I assumed he was the one I had to protect. No matter what. Even if it meant lying to her.

“Okay” She said. Giving me a second glance.

“What's his name?” She asked

“Kyler Vadicant.” I said

“And yours?” She questioned, looking at me

“Damian Vadicant.” I replied trying to sound as honest as I could. After he was done getting stitches, they had put him up in a room, I was allowed in because I was “Family”. Or at least they thought I was. I sat in a chair next to him, observing him. He laid still, aside from his rhythmic chest moving up and down.

I held his hand, even though he was a stranger didn't mean that I didn't feel horrible about what happened to him. He was adorable, it broke my heart to see him broken. Even if I didn't know him. When he did wake up, he was panicked and tried pulling the wires out of his arm. I reached over and pulled his hand away gently, when he growled at me and tried to turn away from me, failing in his attempt.

“Shhh...Hush..Hush.” I tried comforting him, taking his hand again, I noticed as he began to shake.

“Who are you?” He asked I couldn't give him my full name or they'd probably over hear and track me down or something. Who knows.

“I'm Damian, I'll explain more of this when they let you out in a few hours. Okay?” I promised him. Patently awaiting what he would say next.

“A-alright” He said trying to sit up a few times, eventually giving up, he soon fell asleep. It wasn't long before they let me take him. We were a few blocks from the hospital, I was carrying him because he was so light, I planned on taking him back to my place, so he could rest. He soon woke up, startling me. He began squirming around in my arms. Why won't he just be still? A minute or two passed before I asked him

“Would you stop that?” I was not going to take anymore of the squirming and thrashing. I was getting a bit tired with all the sudden maneuvers he was doing.

“Where are you taking me?” He hissed,

“ My place, you can't walk, you've got stitches on your belly and your leg.” I said trying my best to keep my cool. Then all of the sudden, he kicked his feet down and started running. I ran after him, leaving a distance between us so I knew where he was just in case something did come after him. I just wanted to make sure that he would be alright after what happened at the school. I stayed in the woods, in one of the taller trees, watching as he made it to some house and locked the door behind him. Not too long after a dark- haired girl unlocked the door and walked in, a blonde haired boy behind her.

As I heard her scream I knew what had happened before being told anything. His stitches had probably torn and he was bleeding somewhere in the house. Great. Now we're back to square one. They all got into the black car in the driveway and drove off, presumably to the hospital.

I followed but stayed in the woods, a good distance away so I wasn't spotted. I climbed a tree and waited. I wouldn't go back during day hours because he probably didn’t have a brother and his friends would have said something to the doctors. I waited until later to talk to him. I practiced jumping from tree to tree and climbing them just in case I needed to, until I got bored. By now it looked pretty late so I ventured towards the building, being careful to watch security cameras, and other nuisances.

I finally decided that his open window was probably the best shot I had. There were some trees near by so it made it easy to get to once I was inside I tried to be as careful as possible because I knew that if I accidentally moved something the wrong way everyone would be alerted I was here. I crept over to the side of his bed, to my surprise he was awake.
When he saw me, he again tried to pull the wires out of his arms again. I grabbed his hand and he tried to yell but I covered his mouth, lightly with my hand.

“Shhhh..Hush up now.” I said trying to calm him in the slightest

“My name is Damian Harper. I've been sent to protect you, now be quiet before I get caught in here, trust me I'm not fond of hospitals myself.” I told him. He asked me a few questions before I high-tailed it out of there. Hospitals are defiantly not one of my favorite places to be.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The next day, I followed the car back to the house and watched outside for anything that look strange..When I heard a lot of hissing from below, I knew without looking below the tree I was in, that they were down there, sniffing him out, looking for him. vampires. I knew he was safe inside the house but I didn't want these these things waking him or anyone else, that’s the last thing I wanted to have to do was explain.

I looked down, they were trying to climb the tree I was in, and they were slow at it. I jumped down, running, as they were chasing me, I lead them away from the house, deeper into the woods where I quickly found a good- sized chunk of wood and found a high tree to climb so I could try to carve a steak out of the wood while they slowly climbed the tree. I jumped from tree to tree, carving the steak, when I finished, I jumped down, landing on one of them, jamming the steak as best I could into his chest, but not before him and a few of his buddies put a few gashes in my back with their claw-like talons, some call nails.

I drew the steak out of the one I killed and ran, the other four of them following me, I climbed up another tree and pounced on another one, but before I had the chance to get the steak into his heart another one pulled me up by the back of my shirt and put a few gashes in my stomach, before pulling out an iron dagger and threatening to kill me with it. I kicked it off me and pinned it to the ground, steak in my mouth, from the second one I attempted to kill, I quickly took it out of my mouth and stabbed this one in the heart, running for the house, much more fighting could kill me considering the rest of them had drawn their iron daggers on me.

I looked through the small basement window, there seemed to be someone silhouetted against the bed, I knocked as hard as I could. When he began to stir I knew I was successful, but the vampires were not slow runners, soon catching me before I could fit through the window, putting some more gashes in my legs and stomach. I finally slipped down through the window, knowing I'd be safe, at last, because everyone know vampires have to be invited into someone's house..Kyler helped me once I was inside he lent me some pajamas. I was thankful for his help, but I knew I'd be gone before he got up....
♠ ♠ ♠
The title was inspired by some lyrics in All Time Low's song Weightless