Status: Active but Busy..(new story soon?)

Dangerously Luminous

The Truth Is A Terrible Thing~Kyler's POV~

"DAMIAN! WOULD YOU QUIT IT?! MIND YOUR OWN BEESWAX!" I yelled. I saw him cringe, I realized what I had done after I said it..just a few minutes ago Casey and Blake walked in the door, I could hear their foot steps as they walked towards the basement.

Oh god! I pushed Damian towards the closet, when I felt something wet against my skin, I looked. It was blood, not my own, Damian's, but I didn't realize that, my mind focused on their foot-steps from upstairs.

"Hide in here for now" I whispered closing the closet and turning back to see Casey and Blake at the top of the stairs..

"What was all the yelling about? You okay bro?" asked Blake who didn't seem convinced when I answered

"Nothing, I-i'm fine"

"Seriously, Ky, you can tell us anything." Said Casey. I wanted to tell them so badly, about Damian, but it wasn't my secret to tell.

My thought process was interrupted, when Damian fell out of the closet, passed out. Well. Fuck. I ran over and picked him up, getting blood all over myself picking him up. Casey spoke up while Blake rushed over to help me with Damian.

"Who is that? Kyler I knew you were gay but not to an extent as to-" I cut her off already aware of what she was going to say.

"STOP. Just. Stop. Okay? His name is Damian and I did NOT kidnap him. I think he climbed in through the window. I didn't hurt him. I didn't know he was hurt...." I reply genuinely frustrated with her and trying my best locate where Damian was bleeding from.

I took his shirt off for a better view, He had been stabbed multiple times in the stomach and the chest. He was barely conscious, occasionally growling as we rolled him over to look at his back, which wasn't any better.

"Damian...What happened?" I asked trying to get answers so we could help him.

"Iron d-daggers in my p-pocket..." He replied, his voice shaking and cracking at multiple points. I reached into his pocket and found two iron daggers, confused I put them on the side table. How do you heal an angel? Who hurt him? What's with the daggers?

"Casey go get the first aid kit?" I asked

"Already got it while you guys were lookin' at him." she responded quickly. I know we probably should have gone to the hospital but I didn't want them to figure out that he wasn't human and run a billion tests on him like a lab rat. Me and Blake cleaned up a lot of the wounds and bandaged the wounds, laying Damian on the bed carefully.

"Doesn't he have the same name as that kid that said he was your brother when he turned you into the hospital earlier?"

"I guess.." I replied unsure of who exactly brought me into the hospital. I couldn't remember...When a shaky voice spoke up

"T-that, wa-was me." said Damian. Startled I turned, to look him in the eyes, to see if it was true. He nodded to me. I picked up his hand like he had in the hospital, He growled, a playful smile played on his lips.

"Shhh..Hush." I told him like he told me when I was in the hospital. We both giggled at the memory. Him wincing, in pain because of his fresh wounds.

"Well aren't you two quiet the couple.." Said Casey. Ugh I wanted to slap her we were NOT a couple. We were anything but.

"Ummm...we..aren't a couple.." I responded, letting go of Damian's hand and getting off the bed before walking back to my desk, back to writing my letter, to Rayne. I missed her, and sometimes I wrote letters to her, even though I knew she would never get them.

"Then...What are you?" Casey asked, Blake was silently sitting by Damian, half asleep sitting on the comforters.

"I-im-im a-a fa-fall-fallen...." Damian tried his best to speak but he was shaking and looked tired.

"That's alright you can explain tomorrow hun.." Said Casey as she walked upstairs before she stopped and paused for a minute.

"Blake? You sleeping over here tonight?" She asked

"mmhmmmmm" He answered laying on the comforters, fully dressed Casey walked back upstairs and closed the door. I finished, cleaning up my desk and left the letter out so I could finish it tomorrow...

"Hey Damian?" I asked pulling the covers over him so he wasn't cold.

"mhmmm?" he responded

"You gonna be okay?" I asked out of curiosity. NOT because I may or may not have liked him I convinced myself.

"In time..." He answered so quietly I barely noticed at first. I decided that questions could wait for tomorrow as I tugged on my pajamas and crawled into the bed, facing the opposite wall Damian was, so I could see him.

He was cute, but I didn't know if I could honestly trust him..

That night I had the strangest dream, Damian was begging me for something, I couldn't figure out what it was but when I didn't comply, I died, I wasn't sure why or how I died I just woke up sweating and panting like I was trying to run from something. I woke up to find Damian with a similar look on his face, also sweating. Both of us very much awake. I leaned over the bed and looked at Blake, fast asleep, in his clothes. Huh. I wonder...

"Hey Damian.. What were you dreaming of?" I whispered looking at him in search of something..I wasn't sure what it was though..

"Well, I was trying to convince you to trust me, for some reason you kept denying it and dying...I freaked out and woke up.." He whispered back quietly

"huh. I had a dream where you kept begging me for something and I kept denying it, each time I would die, but it kept replaying over and over. I don't know how I died , but it kept happening...." I whispered

"That's weird.." He whispered curiously. Suddenly there was a pitter patter of foot steps over head and someone walked down-stairs with a flashlight. It was Casey.

"What were you guys yelling about? Me and my parents are trying to sleep, and we hear you guys screaming." She said clearly unhappy with us.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her, more curious than ever now.

"You guys were shouting for each other, it was weird because I knew you both were down here.." She said confused. Me and Damian exchanged a look in disbelief.

"We both had a nightmare simultaneously?..." I trailed off...What the hell did this mean?

"Huh.." She said just as astounded as we were.."Well maybe you guys shouldn't sleep in the same bed like this.." She said pulling out some more comforters and setting up some pillows.

"Okay, thanks Casey. Sorry for waking you up.." I said getting out of the bed , adjusting my self on the floor as she leaves closing the basement door behind her. I got up and sat on the bed next to Damian, facing him.

"You okay? And what was with the iron daggers?" I asked sincerely confused..

"Yeah, like I said I'll heal, it just needs some time, and iron daggers can kill a fallen angel if you stab them in the heart, there were vampires sent by a demon, after you. I had to kill them and they had iron daggers. They stabbed me, but they were uncoordinated and failed." He said trying to turn to me but wincing in pain as he tried.

"Would it be completely irrational to think that we might be telepathic?" I said

"It could be possible I guess I've never tried it..." He said lost in thought.

"Weird. You should get some rest, you need it..." I said before retreating to my spot on the floor.

"Alright.." He said laying back a bit, trying to relax. I fell asleep on the floor that night, not completely concerned with Damian's condition but I found myself hoping that he would leave again.

I was extremely ambivalent towards Damian, unsure of if I liked him or not. I was pretty sure I wouldn't get a clear answer to weather he felt differently or not anytime soon.

I woke up to a pair of green eyes peering over the bed at me, I laughed at him hiding my smile with my hand, His eyes disappeared and I sat up.

“Damian? Where is Blake?” I asked

“Still asleep, shhhh keep it down.” He said as I got up from my spot on the floor,

“Alright, mom.” I said sarcastically and laughed, walking upstairs to grab some whipped cream. I was gonna get revenge on Blake and it was going to be sweet ha ha. When I brought the whipped cream down stairs, Damian asked

“What are you planning to do with that?”

“You'll see” I said creeping around to the other side of the bed, If Blake thought jumping out at me was funny this was going to be hilarious. I laid his hand out and sprayed some whipped cream in his hand. Then I pinched his cheek knowing he'd slap at it thinking it was a bug. This didn't work because Blake could be a very deep sleeper if he had been stressed out.

Damn. I tossed Damian the can figuring he could do what he wanted with it. I grabbed a sharpie that was in the drawer next to my bed and decided to doodle on Blake. Until he had random black sharpie covering his arms and face.

“I'm going to assume plan 'A' didn't work..” Damian said spraying some whipped cream in his mouth.

“You guessed it..He'll still be pretty pissed, he hates it when he can't get marker off his face, trust me this isn't the first time.” I said

“You feeling any better than yesterday Harper?” I asked surprised that I remembered his last name. More like surprised I cared enough to ask hah.

“Eh, I'm not sure, Help me up so I can go take a shower?” He asked

“Sure.” I said putting my arm around him for support,

“You need help with the bandages?” I asked

“Afterwards..” He responded. Why did I ask him that ugh. Great. Why can't I just hate him? I can't trust him, He's probably only here to hurt me like Jace. Brilliant. When Damian got out of the shower I handed him a blue pair of skinny jeans and a grey shirt.

“I'm going to eventually run out of clothes at this rate mister.” I said joking, he laughed

“Nah, we'll go shopping sometime.” He answered. When he got out, I helped him back to the bed and retrieved the First-Aid kit from under the steps, finding the bandages and vasaline, rubbing alcohol, and a rag, I walked over to the other side of the bed and worked on removing the old bandages and using rubbing alcohol on the rag to clean all the wounds, occasionally I'd see Damian wince, but other than that, he was healing, after that I applied some vasaline and put new bandages around his upper body.

“Is it normal for the fallen to heal faster than humans?” I asked suddenly curious.

“Yeah, but usually with iron daggers, it takes longer to heal because it weakens us the most.” He replied.

“Oh...” I replied unsure of what to say, when Blake began to stir,

“What the hell did you do Kyler?” He asked, exchanging glares between me and his arms. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw Damian on the bed, next to him.

“Who are you?” He asked

“Didn't we go over this last night?” I groaned

“I'm Damian Harper, ummm..one of Kyler's friends from out of town...” He was trying to get me to play along, I took the hint, playing along. Still not sure why I helped him..

“Yeah he lives in............New Hampshire.” I said picking a state a good distance away. Panicking slightly when he paused before responding,

“Oh, well, I'm Blake, Blake Roborovski.” He said. Blake could tell I was lying but he couldn't figure out what I was trying to hide and left it that way. He walked into the bathroom, minutes later the door flung open.

“Kyler, WHAT THE HELL?!” He said stomping out of the bathroom glaring at me suspiciously. There was still sharpie on his face and arms from earlier.

“What?” I said. Trying not to laugh at how ridiculous he looked.

“Why did you draw on my face? WITH SHARPIE??” he questioned

“That's what you get from scaring me the other day.” I said proudly. He groaned and walked back into the bathroom. I heard the sink begin to run and knew he was frantically trying to get the sharpie off his face before he left for school.

“Hey Kyler? When do you have to take your stitches out?” asked Damian. I turned around.

“What stitches?” I was confused. He leaned forward and lifted up my shirt before I could say anything, and pointed at the healed wound. Huh, why couldn't I remember that right away? Soon enough I remembered but it took me awhile to remember most of it.

“You want me to help you get your stitches out Kyler?” He asked again, looking me in the eyes, I nodded sitting on the bed next to him, he turned to me.

“Lay, down and relax so I can get them out easy,” He instructed quietly.

“Okay..” I said not sure why I was letting this stranger, trusting him, when I was incredibly vulnerable, before he began to pull out my stitches, I bolted upright, remembering the daggers on the dresser, I got up and walked over to the dresser and took them in my hands, examining them. They still had scarlet, red dried blood on them.

“Kyler..Whats wrong?” Damian asked

“Nothing...” I lied. I was afraid he would try to kill me, for all I knew, he was stronger than me,and probably faster than me, and that was all the proof I needed to be afraid of him.

“Do you still want me to help take your stitches out?” He asked.

“I've got it..I'll be fine.” I said trying my best to look like I didn't want to crawl in a corner and get as far as humanly possible away from him. Taking the daggers and putting them on my desk, on the opposite wall from my bed. At least if he tries to kill me with these, I'd have enough time to make a run for the window.

I thought to myself. I wasn't about to trust him easily..He was STILL practically a complete stranger. I can't believe I let him in the first night...

“Ky,..” Blake said walking out of the bathroom, looking me in the eyes, He had obviously over heard our conversation,

“If you want, I'll stay home from school with you, if you don't feel safe, here with him, alone..” He said mentioning Damian, huh he must have sensed my discomfort, weird.

“Please?” I asked him, hugging him tightly.

“Alright,” He said leaving his backpack on the floor. I could feel Damian's eyes boring into my back like lasers. I felt somewhat bad for turning down his help, but again, it was dumb of me to have thought I could trust him in the first place he was a stranger. A complete outsider.

It was stupid of me to have climbed into the opposite side of the bed the other night, that was pure stupidity. For the majority of the day, we all sat down stairs watching movies until Casey came home and joined us. After Blake had fallen asleep, I laid on the floor staring at the ceiling, my thoughts were interrupted by Damian,

“Hey, Kyler, you up?”

“Yeah..” I said sitting on the bed across from him.

“Why are you so afraid of me?” He asked looking genuinely curious.
Did he even need to ask? Wasn't it natural for something weak to be afraid of something powerful?
Didn't he understand? As of now it was begging to feel like nobody does...
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title inspired by Mayday Parade's song Terrible Things & You Me At Six's Song The Truth Is A Terrible Thing.
Comment. Let me know if the story is any good so far.