Status: Thanks for Reading <3 Please Be Kind <3

Once Upon a Dream

Ghost Town

Chapter Thirteen
Ghost Town

I ran up to my mother as she remained frozen in the arms of my father, tears rolling down my cheeks, I could tell how much they loved each other, Bella took my hand in hers, No one said a word as we closed our eyes, our bodies began to glow and the ice that trapped not only our parents but the other victims melted away. When we opened our eyes our parents were no longer frozen, they gaped at us.

“Girls?”

Mom breathed through her tears, Bella and I nodded, she wrapped her arms around us hugging us both tightly and sobbing with joy, we hugged her back crying too. Dad hugged the three of us at once tears in his own eyes. We finally had our parents back, after living so long without knowing where we came from, and who we really belonged to. Mom looked at us and smiled cupping her hands against each of our cheeks.

“You look so much like your father..”

Mom smiled at Bella who beamed at her through her tears, she turned to me and smiled again.

“You, look so much like me”

She hugged us both again just as tightly as the first time, our father turned to everyone else.

“Thank you, for bringing them here”

Mulan nodded to them as she moved forwards.

“I told you I’d find them again, But you should Thank Belle and Mister Gold for raising Bella, and Mary-Margret and David for raising Krissi”.

Our parents turned to them with grateful smiles.

“Thank you , all of you”

Mom said hugging me again, I hugged her back, I looked over at Jack and my mother followed my gaze looking to my father worriedly, My father stepped forwards towards me and brought me into a hug, I hugged him back but I new he was being protective.

“Well!, I suppose my debt has been paid now..”

Jack said looking to Mulan and Jefferson, Mulan shook her head walking up to him.

“Not even close Sparrow.., you still owe us your life!”

Jack gave a smile.

“Is that so?”

Jefferson crossed his arms.

“Your debt will be paid when we tell you it’s paid..” .

Jack gave a smile looking towards Jefferson and Mulan.

“And you two shall always remember this as the day, You almost caught Caption Jack Sparrow..”

At those words he threw down a smoke bomb, everyone started to cough being blinded by black smoke, Our parents protecting us from the smoke as best they could, I looked around worriedly.

“Jack!”

I cried running into the cloud, as I looked down I saw there was nothing left but his hat, I kneeled down picking up his hat looking around.

“Kristen..”

My mother said walking up to me and putting her arm around my shoulders, I looked over at her and smiled best I could.

“I know about the curse..”

I said, She nodded hugging me close.

“What curse?” .

Emma said suddenly, I looked back at everyone else, Bella walked forwards looking the most worried.

“Curse?”

Mom looked towards Dad and sighed lightly, she turned her gaze to the group that remained with us.

“While the good fairy’s managed to take Bella to the well first, Philip and I were caught off guard..”

My mother began to explain with everyone listening intently, My father put his arm around her shoulders hugging us both as he looked to the group of them.

“Regina appeared, she put a curse on Kristen, that she is never to fall in love or know happiness, as part of a pact she made with Maleficent before she died”

“What happens if she falls in love?”

Mary-Margret asked looking scared, David kept his arm around her shoulders.

“She’ll die..”

My mother said with tears in her eyes, Emma gaped at us while Bella let out a sob hugging me tightly.

“You didn’t tell me?”

I hugged her back tears rolling down my cheeks.

“I didn’t want to worry you”

I cried myself as I hugged my sister tightly, Our mother standing on the other side of us hugging us both tightly.

“There has to be a way to brake this curse on her heart”

Mary-Margret said with tears in her eyes, Mom looked at her giving a nod.

“I’ve tried looking for something, Philip and I were searching when the Ice Queen found us, we trespassed on her land and she froze us solid”.

“True Love, that brakes any spell”

David said walking up to us. Philip nodded crossing his arms.

“That was what we thought too, turns out true love could be the very thing that kills her, Regina wants to destroy true love and by killing Kristen she does that..”

“So your saying, if she dies, true love itself dies..”

Emma said walking up to us.

“There has to be a wake to brake the curse..”

Bella said as she kept me in a hug.

“Never underestimate the power of darkness..”

We looked over to Mister Gold as he moved forwards, He looked at me.

“I will find a cure, Regina will not win, I can promise you that”

I smiled at him giving a nod, I trusted Mister Gold, We made our way out of the cavern we were in, Jefferson using his hat to open a portal back to Storybrooke. Mulan and Jefferson were not coming back with us, but our parents were looking forward to making a life in Storybrooke. We jumped into the portal together. When we arrived back in Storybrooke everything was different, there was a dark energy in the air.

The power was out everywhere and it was like the city was dead, Bella and I held hands with our parents as we walked through the abandoned streets, I noticed there was a line drawn on the ground, it was like some kind of magic.

“Wait!!”

We looked back towards Ruby as she ran out towards us followed by Granny, Henry and Alexandra, I noticed she was wearing a ring on her wedding finger, it was obviously an engagement ring. I looked away quickly.

“What happened here?”

Mary-Margret asked walking up to Ruby.

“Merissa.., she’s ten times worse then Regina was..”

“Was?”

David said as he stood next to Mary-Margret, Ruby nodded looking between them.

“Merissa killed her, Regina is Dead..”

A heavy silence fell between us all as we were all shocked to hear this news, Merissa was raised by Regina, she raised her like her own child and Merissa was heartless enough to kill her.

“Chip off the old block”

Philip growled, Belle looked toward the line crossing her arms.

“What is that?, is it like the boundary that use to keep people in?”

Mister Gold walked up to it narrowing his eyes as he breathed in the smell of the magic.

“No, this is a powerful incantation, anyone who crosses it loses their soul to Merissa, basically making them a puppet”.

Mister Gold turned to us again.

“She’s blocked off half the town, and oddly enough, it’s the half that has all the food and survival supplies”.

Ruby nodded hugging herself.

“A few have tried crossing, It was horrible watching what happened to them, she’s holding up in Regina’s place now, I guess she considers herself the new Mayer of Storybrooke”.

I looked back towards the line walking up to it, Losing my soul didn’t seem like much considering I lost my heart.

“Krissi!”

Bella called out as I approached the line drawing my wand, I narrowed my eyes at the boundary line and threw out my wand my magic colliding with Merissa’s in a blinding white light, I could feel pain pulsing through my body as I tried to brake her incantation, screaming in pain but I didn’t stop as I continued to aim my wand.

“STOP!!!”

Bella cried out in worry as our father held her back, There was a sonic boom of dark magic that sent me crashing backwards I skidded back across the ground on my back , the wind being knocked out of me.

“Krissi!!”

Bella cried running up to me and kneeling down, I winced slowly sitting upright looking at the line as it remained the same, I hadn’t even made a dent in it.

“Damn..”

I grabbed my wand again getting up to try again.

“No..”

Gold said blocking my path.

“Not even I could brake this without knowing what’s entailed in maintaining it.., you have a lot to learn about yourself and about your magic still”

“She has no right to do this!, trapping us like this!, forcing us to give up our souls!, I’m already cursed!, I can do something about this if I try hard enough, I can brake it”.

“Not this time” .

My father said putting his hand on my shoulder, Emma nodded crossing her arms.

“he’s right Kido, you gotta let us figure out what flues her power before you have any hope of stopping her..” .

“Everyone inside..”

Granny said before I could argue, we all headed over to Granny’s in, Bella holding my hand in hers, I looked back towards the line that Merissa had created, I wanted so badly to brake it and show her she couldn’t treat people this way, but for now it looked like there was nothing I could do about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading <3