Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

Taken From Me

After The Wild Wild Win

"What a win," Kris said, flopping on the couch in my room.

"Yes, it was," Chris said, sitting in the chair by the window.

"Catherine said Anna cursed Brian Gionta when he got the goal after you Sid," Kris replied.

I laughed and said, "It sounds like her."

"Something tells me that you wont be able to make her behave," Marc-Andre said and I laughed.

"Yeah, but that's what I like about her," I said. "She stays true to herself."


*************

I seen the girl run across the yard, chasing a little girl. Once she grabbed the kid, she laughed and tickled her. The little girl squealed with delight and ran from her again to a tall redhead.

"Momma!" the little girl shrieked. "Anna gonna get me!"

I laughed and said to Jordan, "She seems like she is good with kids."

"Good for you then," he said. "I foresee you two having two kids, a boy and girl. Both hockey players like you."

I gave him a look and said, "Really Jordan?"

Jordan laughed and said, "Hey, I can see the future!"


*************

"Don't train her!" Kris said. "Catherine likes her just the way she is!"

"You don't have to worry about that," I said. "I care about her too much to change her."

"Be honest with us Sid," Chris said. "Would she leave you if you tried to change her?"

"Yes," I said without missing a beat. "She would."

The guys looked at each other and then Marc-Andre said, "Don't even try. We all like her and she brings out the best in you."


************

"Mom, I think I am going to propose to her," I said to my mom.

My mom smiled and said, "I think you should. I have never seen you any more happier."

I smiled, thinking back to the day we were reunited. People were counting down to the New Year and Kris walked by me and said, "Grab any girl and kiss her!"

I had given him a look and he shoved a girl my way. Without thinking, I had pulled her to me and kissed her as soon as the fireworks went off. To my surprise it was Anna. Thinking back to the dinner we shared before I went to Detroit the year we lost in the Stanley Cup playoffs, I had kissed her back and we had been together ever since.

"I just want to protect her," I said to my mom.

"And we will keep it quiet in order to do so," she said. "Just do it already! I want grandchildren!"

I laughed and said, "Mom..."


************

"Yo Sid!" Chris said. "Kris asked you a question."

"What?" I asked.

"Do you think you will ever have any kids with her?" he asked and I nearly chocked on my water.

The guys laughed at me and I said, "I honestly don't know, but Jordan said when I first met her, we would have two kids, a boy and girl and they would both play hockey."

They laughed and Kris said, "Well, he has to be right. He was right about Catherine and I."

"That's true," I said.

Chris nudged me and said, "You might want to get started then."

"Give it time," I said. "It will happen in time."


**********

Anna looked amazing in her wedding dress. She stood next to my mom, talking and then came back to me. I took her hand and led her outside.

"I know you are worried about David," I said. "But I made a promise and I will keep it. I am going to protect."

She smiled and said, "I know that. I am just worried about what he would do to you if he isn't caught."

I took a deep breath and said, "He wont do anything to me."

"Honestly Sid," she said. "If I could make him go away, I would."

"I don't want you getting hurt," I said. "I would rather get put in jail than see him hurting you."

She sighed and said, "It is going to be hard but we took vows."

"And I will honor them," I said.

She gave me a smile again and said, "So will I."


**********

I shook out of it and then Kris said, "Shoot, three minutes until curfew."

They all jumped up and said, "See ya in the morning Sid."

"Night guys!" I said and grabbed my phone.

It rang three times and Anna answered. "Hi," she said.

"Just wanted to say night and I love you," I replied.

"Night and I love you too," she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy this chapter. I don't know how often I can update but I will try as much as I can. I hope you don't mind all of the flashbacks. I am trying to use them so my readers can understand the relationship between Sidney and Anna. Enjoy!