Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

Taken From Me

We Belong Together

I tossed the chicken in the Alfredo sauce and kept stirring as I heard the door open. "Sidney?" I heard Anna call.

"In the kitchen!" I replied.

She walked in and smiled as she seen me cooking. "What are you doing?" she asked. "I told you I would cook tonight."

"You just got home from a long day at work," I said. "You deserve to relax. Why don't you go and take a shower and then come down."

She sighed and shook her head. "I told you..." she started and then I held my hand up.

"I know, I know I had practice today," I said. "But you are the one who insists on working even though you know full well you don't have to."

"Alright," she said. "I will be back down in a bit."


**************

"Sid," Anna said as we arrived in her hometown. "I still want to work after we are married."

I looked at her in shock. "Anna, you know we will be well off. What is mine is yours," I said.

"Sidney," she said as we got stopped at a red light. "I don't want people thinking I am with you for your money. We both know that isn't true but I can't stand people thinking I can't support myself."

I looked up at the light that was still red. "You never cease to amaze me. You know that, right?" I asked her as the light turned green.

She smiled and said, "I am full of surprises."


*************

I tossed the broccoli in the Alfredo sauce along with the chicken and checked the pasta. It still had time so I left the cover to the sauce off. Just then my cell rang.

"Hey man," Kris said. "What are you up to?"

"Cooking supper for Anna," I said.

"You know Catherine really likes her," Kris said. "I hope it lasts."

"It will last," I said. "I just know it."

"I hope you are right. It's about time you got yourself a good girl," Kris stated. "Anna is an amazing girl."

"Tell me something I don't know," I replied.


*************

I looked at Anna sitting in the chair at the lawyers office. She was full of surprises. She was the one who insisted on a pre-nup so it would protect me if we happened to split. "Are you sure you want to sign this?" I asked her.

She nodded and said, "Yes Sidney. It's to protect you."

"I know you don't want people thinking that you married for my money, but you don't have to do this," I said. "If I loose you, I don't want anything."

She smiled at me and said, "Sidney, I just want to make sure you don't get screwed over."

I sighed and said, "If you are sure this is what you want, then okay. I don't want to go against your wishes."

She kept on smiling, leaned over and kissed my cheek. "I just want to make sure you are secure," she said.


************

I hung up with Kris and then checked the pasta. Once I saw it was ready, I drained it and tossed it in with everything else. I put it in a pasta dish and set it down on the table. Soon I could smell the garlic bread and I went to the oven, putting on oven mitts. Anna came down the stairs just as I put the garlic bread on the table.

She turned the radio on and the song We Belong Together by Pat Benatar came on. She pulled the plates down from the cupboard while I got the silverware from the drawer and the wine glasses from the rack. We set the table in silence but we kept looking at each other.

I poured the wine while she placed our cloth napkins next to our plates and the serving spoon next to supper. We sat down and she took a piece of garlic bread from the basket. "So what did Layla say when she found out?" I asked.

Anna laughed and said, "Well, she was very shocked. She shouted you what when I said I was a hockey girlfriend and scared the crap out of some customers. When she found out it was you, she shouted oh my god and when a lady looked at her, she said to the lady that I loved cats and she does too."

I laughed and said, "Maybe you should bring her by sometime. I would love to meet her."

"I will do that," she said and then looked at our wedding picture.

"We will have to hide that though," I said, reading her thoughts.

After she ate a bit more, she said, "I love you Sidney."

I smiled and said, "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy this chapter. I don't know when I will be able to update this or I Am Your Safe Haven. It might not be for another week so please bear with me. I am enjoying writing and hope you guys enjoy my stories.