Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

Taken From Me

Pre-Game Banter

I laughed and said, "Yes, she didn't make as many sauces and pastas as she did when she first cooked for a few of us."

Matt laughed and said, "I'm sure the first time it was a sight."

Kris nodded and said, "Oh yes it was. It was like a friggen buffet."

Matt shook his head and I said, "I will have her cook for you soon."

"Looking forward to it. Make sure you tell her I have a big appetite!" Matt joked.

"Don't tell her that!" Kris replied. "There will be no food left in the store."

"Is he telling the truth Sid?" Matt asked me.

I nodded and replied, "Yes Matt, he is telling the truth."


**************

I looked at all of the boxes on the counter and said, "Anna, I think you have too much."

She looked razzled and said, "Sid, I need to make sure the guys like what I cook."

"Anna, it will be fine," I replied.

She shook her head and said, "I just wanna make sure there is something here that they like."

"Anna, they will eat anything," I said. "I told you that!"

She sighed and said, "It's too late."

I looked at the boiling pots of water and said, "I guess so."

She looked like she was about to cry and I took her into my arms. "Why do you care so much?"

"Because they are your family," she said. "I'm just a girlfriend."

I squeezed her tight and said, "Anna, you are more than a girlfriend. You are the woman I love. You are more than family."


**************

"She was so worried about what the guys would think," I said. "She was afraid they wouldn't like her."

"She seems like a sweet girl. When am I going to get to meet her?" Matt asked.

"Soon," I replied.

"Do you think you are going to marry her?" Matt asked.

I paused because I really wanted to let it out that we were married and we had been married for almost a year now but I knew I couldn't. I couldn't tell anybody until Anna's stalker was behind bars and the asshole was excellent at evading the police.

I nodded and said, "I think so."

"Ooo Sidney is in love!" Brooks said.

I smiled, nodded and said, "I have been in love with her for a long time.


**************

I walked into the locker room with a big smile on my face. "Wow Sid, haven't seen you this happy since you got the concussion," Evgeni said.

It bummed me out that I couldn't play but I couldn't help smiling. Kris looked up at me with a smirk on his face. "He's in love," Kris stated.

"And just how do you know?" I asked.

"Because you have been spending all of your free time with Anna since she came back to Pittsburgh," he stated. "It don't take a rocket scientist to figure that out."

I smiled and said, "Yes, you are right Kris."

Evgeni laughed and said, "Wow Sidney."

"What Geno?" I said,laughing.

"What are all the girls gonna think?" he asked.

"They are gonna hate on her," I said. "But she is mine and I am hers."


**************

"So you are really happy with her," Brooks stated.

I nodded and said, "Anna is everything I wanted. She doesn't brag about me, hell she just told her co-worker that she was a hockey girlfriend and she's been working with her for a while now."

"She doesn't brag about what she has," Brooks said. "You don't find that too often with hockey girlfriends."

We nodded and Kris said, "I hear you there."

Jarome sat down and said, "Kara really wants to meet Anna."

I looked at him and said, "We will have to figure out a time and maybe we can have Matt and his wife over too."

Matt nodded and said, "Sounds good to me. You agree Jarome?"

He nodded and said, "Sounds good to me too."

Coach Bylsma walked into the room and said, "Okay guys. It's about time."

He paced and said, "Let's welcome Jarome to Pittsburgh in style. Let's get another W in the win column."

Everybody looked and me and I said, "Let's do this guys!
♠ ♠ ♠
I have decided that I will update this story at least every two weeks since I am working on I Am Your Safe Haven at the same time. If I can, I will update it more. Since Crosby has been injured, I have to form my story around his injury which is hard and part of the reason why I haven't been able to come up with a chapter. But now I have another chapter in mind and I hope you enjoy this one. I probably won't do any more tonight on this story. Please be patient with me.