Sequel: Wandering Souls
Status: Short Fic for one of my angel OTPs

To Deny Your Family's Name

Bonded And Battles

"Things are not looking good out there," Samviel told her bonded, placing a soft kiss on her lips as the two of them sat by the fire in their heaven.

"I know," Perciel rested her head against Samviel's heartbeat, looking up at her, "The archangels started this stupid war and all I hear now-a-days is 'Lucifer or Michael?'. I'm tired of all this. I just want it to end."

"When it does end," Samviel smirked, "We gonna finally make time for that fledgling?"

"If we did," Perciel poked her, "You get to stay home to care for it."

"No way," Samviel laughed, "That's your job."

"It's totally yours," Perciel denied, "You've got the motherly trait."

"Are you kidding?" Samviel replied, "If you leave it with me, I'll probably leave it in the sun, by accident."

"Yeah, okay," Perciel changed her mind, "You are NOT taking care of our fledgling."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Samviel demanded.

"You said it, not me," Perciel replied, nuzzling into her bonded's neck.

"Hmm," Samviel smiled.

"Tell you what," Perciel offered, "When we win this war with the archangels, I'll stay home and raise the fledgling."

"Hooray for neutrality," Samviel slid their fingers together.

"Hooray, indeed," Perciel agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
As regarding the gender of angels:

Angels, by birth, are genderless, but they may decided they wish to be referred to as male or female while others don't bother with such trivial concepts. Generally, when angels take human vessels, they pick them (or are assigned them) based on these preferences. Fledglings, until they show more effeminate or masculine traits and/or choose a gender for themselves, are referred to as "it", "Them", "Fledgling" or other gender neutral names - Especially if they haven't been named, yet.