Status: I'm juggling school, volunteering, photograghy, drawing, and more so please be patient but yeah active.

You Ain't the Only Ones Who Want to Live it Up

Slowly Making Progress With The Dream

Jack POV: 

Waking up to Alex was one of the best things ever. To be honest, I could see myself doing it every day. He was so cute. Even though he looked slightly panicked and scared.

The second I said good morning he immediately shushed me. He was so anxious and scared about his father. I was pretty worried about how scared he was. What if his dad hurt him?

He had a good reason to be scared. I've seen the scars. Our kisses was so brief, even Alex's "real" kiss. It was pretty clear Alex was stressed. It was scaring me.

The second we heard his dads voice Alex literally froze. His eyes started to dilate with fear. I've never seen him so freaked out.

I tried not to panic but I was terrified. I can't let him hurt Alex. It would be my fault. It already is my fault Alexs dad heard us. I don't care if he hurts me but he can't hurt Alex.

I ran to the closet and leaned so I was partially hidden. Smiling a bit at the irony that I was in the closet so Alex could pretend to be in the closet.

The smile slid of my face immediately the second Alex's dad came down the stairs. They sat together on the bed and Alexs dad said the words we've been dreading "Lisa told me what happened yesterday."

I can't even begin to explain the terror I felt.

He knows.

Those two words made my heart pound. I made eye contact with Alex and saw he looked so scared and lost. Alex tried to explain and he cut him off.

Then he said he was proud. He couldn't mean about that. Right?

And sure enough he didn't. He was talking about Lisa lying. I was trying not to be jealous of Lisa. But it was so hard. Just hearing her name made me sad. Alex never could talk about me like that.

"I'm happier without Jack." Alex said.

I knew he was saying it for his fathers sake but hearing him, his voice saying that just hurt. It felt awful, just to think that Alex could be happier without me, that I make him sad.

They finished talking when suddenly Alexs dad looked at the closet. I pushed myself back against the shelves desperately trying to disappear. He can't see me. He can't.

Alex stood up in front of the closet and tried to distract his dad. I couldn't help but admire his courage and what he was willing to do for me despite his fear of his dad. I held my breath and waited.

"Clean your closet. It's a mess." I sighed happily in relief.

But something stopped me from truly being happy. That sentence. "I'm happier without Jack." Why couldn't our relationship be normal?

I felt a pang of guilt at that, remembering how before my parents accepted Alex we hid our relationship. But I never said anything bad about Alex to my parents.

Alex asked me what's up and I tried to explain my annoyance but I'm not sure if I truly managed to show him what I was feeling.

Alex said he was sorry. I can't blame him about that. I would just have to suck it up.  

Alex suggested how I'd be able to leave. It was scary to sneak out but it hurt more to hear Alex said he was going to Lisa. I know he said it so his dad could agree but why Lisa.

Alex left and I started to drive home. As I looked behind me I saw Alex heading over to Lisa's house instead of his own. There wasn't anything with them. Right?

Alex would never cheat. I was being paranoid. I tried to shrug it off.

I put on music and surprise surprise Going Away To College started playing. It automatically made me think about Alex. Letting the chords relax me I drove home.

My mom asked immediately where I was all night. Oh you know having sex with my boyfriend.

"Alex and I got back together." I said.

My mom smiled happily. The fact that she was so happy about that made me happy.

I went upstairs, played some video games until it was time to go record. I grabbed my guitar and drove up to the recording studio. We'd been going there almost every week.

Slowly our record was coming to life. I was so excited to hear the finished product. Alex's songs were amazing, no matter what he insisted.

I got there and found Rian and Flyzik (Somehow the name just stuck) were already there. It wasn't a big surprise seeing as they were our "grown up" mature ones. Alex, Zack and Paul soon arrived.

"Ok today I want to record vocals and possibly guitar for Memories That Fade Like Photographs. Let's start with vocals as we have already some guitar recorded."

Nodding Alex stood up and went up to the glass recording room as Paul went to the editing one.

Alex stood up, put on the earphones cleared his throat as he got ready to sing. Since the editing rooms door was open, I could hear Alex sing.

It was amazing as usual. At first he closed his eyes, swaying slightly to the beat, closed up in a world of himself and the music. His voice was clear and pure.

As the chorus came he opened his passion filled eyes and sang more loudly putting all of himself in the song. His voice was angelic, spreading through the room. 

As he sang "You were the best part of my life." he looked at me, leaning slightly, eyes completely focused on me. He was singing to me.

He continued looking at me as he sang passionatly
"Now it tears me apart just to look at the sky
And I'd hate to watch you cry
I'd hate to watch you cry."

 That's when it hit me the song was about me. I felt slightly awkward but still flattered and proud Alex wrote about me. Thinking about the lyrics I realized he probably wrote it after we broke up. The lyrics were beautiful.

I looked at Alex again with a new appreciation.

As he sang "I could be nothing but a memory to you" he looked at me and realization filled his eyes as he realized I knew what the song was about.

The song ended and Paul stepped out to the recording room.

"Excellent job. Your vocals are amazing."

Alex looked down as he said awkwardly  "Thanks." and smiled.

Paul gathered us all and said "So here goes. We are done recording the all the main things. I think I have enough material to start editing. If I need any else I'll call you. Right now I want to record some back up vocals"

Zack went up to the recording room and started singing. I was still pretty overjoyed about Paul's other news.

We were almost done recording! It was so surreal. Actually recording a EP. I felt Alex's eyes on me.

"Well?" He asked.

"You were great."

Frowning a bit Alex said "I know you know I wrote it about us. Do you hate me forever?"

"I couldn't hate you Lex! I'm cool with you writing songs about us as long as they're as amazing as that."

"Really?" Alex looked overjoyed. "You really don't mind?"

"Nope" The more I thought about it I realized I don't mind.

Smiling Alex said "Thank you."

He leaned closer to me and licked his lips hinting. I was about to kiss him but at that moment Paul entered the room.

He looked at us disdainfully. We immediately took back not wanting Paul to get angry. Paul has a quick temper and can be awful when he's angry.

"Well I think we're done for now."

We left the recording studio talking excitedly about the EP. We were all so stoked for it. Slowly we were making progress with our dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know not much happens here and it's kinda boring but the plot'll pick up soon. Comment?