Status: 10/14/2020 - Currently being revised and a sequel is in the future! Chapters 1-3 are almost completely revised. c:

It's Not All What It Seems...

Breakfast at Lindsey's

Feeling the sun shining on a tired face is a feeling most people loathe. Not being a morning person myself, I do loathe that feeling. However, today was different. I awoke from the bright, streaming rays of sun gleaming through my window. I sat up and smiled. My curtain must have been pulled back to let in this amount of light. I gracefully got up and got dressed in casual clothes; jeans and a t-shirt. I didn’t have work today. I went in the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I couldn’t help but smile the whole time. It made such a simple task so mundane. I rinsed out my mouth and instantly caught the aroma of pancakes. I grinned even larger (if that was even possible) and made my way downstairs to find Bert, standing over my stove, cooking.

“Good morning.”
“Good morning, Bert.” I said as I smiled and sat at my table.
“I hope you like pancakes.”
“I love pancakes.”
“We’re to be wed tomorrow.” Bert said as he laughed.

I laughed also and looked at him. I loved the fact that he wasn’t burning my house down. All the men I’ve dated… Couldn’t cook. I did not smell anything burning and he was making a large breakfast.

“Bert.. How’s your head?”
“It hurts.. But not as bad as yesterday.”
“I have something… Do you trust me?”
“You’re the doctor.”

I laughed and went to my purse. I took out a painkiller and walked over to him.

“Bert, this is like Excedrin but a little stronger. “
“Oh, I took these before when I had an accident on the job.” Bert said as he laughed
“Jesus, Bert.” I said as I smiled.
“Why do you have them?”
“…I don’t want to get into that.”
“Oh..” Bert said as he took them and continued cooking.
“What’s on the menu?” I said as I sat on the counter next to him. I looked up and saw Bert blush, it made me giggle.
“Well.. Eggs, pancakes, and toast. But… Special pancakes. I’m an early riser. I went to the supermarket and got ingredients. My mom loves these.”
“You love to cook I see.” I said as I smiled.
“I do.” Bert said as he smiled and poured pancake batter into the hot pan.

“What are in these pancakes? I wanna know everything.”
“Well… I love peanut butter and jelly-… Do you have a peanut allergy?”
“Oh, no! I don’t. You’re fine.” I said as I laughed.
“Oh good.” Bert said as he sighed. “Anyway.. I make peanut butter pancakes. And I make my own syrup using jelly.”
“Wow..” I said as I raised my eyebrows. I didn’t think Bert would be that good at cooking. He puts me to shame. “Did you go to school for this? Or do you want to?”
“Nah.. I never finished high school. All of this is Food Network.” He said as he laughed and flipped a pancake only using the pan.
“Wow!” I said as I smiled.
“Oh.. That?”
“Yeah.” I said as I smiled. Bert laughed and poured the rest of the batter into the pan. “…Can I ask you something?”
“Of course.”
“…Who attacked you?”
“…I fell. Off of my ladder.” Bert said as looked down into the pan.
“Bert. Don’t lie to me.”
“…I’ll tell you when I’m ready.”
“Alright.” I said as I put my hand on his shoulder. I care so much about him. I’m scared for him.
“…Thanks for caring, Lindsey.” Bert said as he lifted his head and put the rest of the pancakes on the plate.
“….I’ve always cared.”
“I know.” Bert said as he walked back over to the counter to me and in between my legs. I smiled and looked at him. “Ready to eat?”
I nodded and went to get to down however, Bert stopped me and looked in my eyes.
“If you’re being hurt… You’d tell me?”
“Yes, Bert.”
“Lindsey, if anyone and I mean… anyone tries to put a hand on you… I’ll kill them.” Bert said in a stern whisper. I looked at him agape, staring into his eyes. He licked his lips and looked into mine. “I want you safe.” He said, returning to his regular voice.

“I won’t ever try to keep anything from you, Bert.”
“….Good.” he said as he smiled and picked me up off the counter. He seated me at the table and served me. I felt like a princess.
Eating Bert’s lovely meal was absolutely delicious. I was surprised he was single. What girl wouldn’t want a man who could cook?
“I used to cook for my family all the time.” Bert said as chewed on a piece of a pancake.
“Just you and your brother?”
“I have three older sisters also.” He said as he swallowed his food. “I was basically the man.. My dad was always in the army.”
“Wow… Big family. How was your mom during all of this?”
“Surprisingly… Good.” Bert said as he sipped his milk. “I mean she would… break down.. at times but who wouldn’t? I love my mom to death. I always visit her. My sisters all have kids, and Joseph’s married so they ‘don’t have time for mom’ but she fucking raised us.” He scoffed as he put his glass down. “If I had kids, I’d go over more often! I mean… I-“ He sighed and frowned. “I don’t know how to parent.”
“But.. Your wife could help you.”
“I’m half way to 40 and I didn’t even settle down yet. I don’t even have a fucking job.”
“Bert.. I bet someone would hire you with these amazing cooking skills or… well… I’d hire you.”
“You’d hire me?”
“Yeah.”
“… Sexual favours?”
“Sure but after that I have a house that needs renovating.” I said as I smirked.
“This house?” Bert said as he raised his eyebrow and looked around. “This house is fine.” He grabbed plates from the table and headed for the sink.

“I bought a new house. I want to settle down.”
Bert turned and looked at me. “You.. told me you were single…”
“I did. And I am single.”
“So..”
“Well.. I’m in denial myself. I’m turning 30 in December and… I want to settle down. So I bought a fixer upper.” I said as I watched Bert clean dishes. I walked in the kitchen and sat on the counter again.
“Uh.. I guess I can help.”
“I’ll pay you.”
“Lindsey.. Don’t pay me. I don’t take pay from women.”
“Oh then… Sexual favours?”
Bert laughed then looked up at me. “You just don’t stop.”
“What did I do?” I said as I looked at him and smiled.

“…It’s getting harder and harder to contain myself around you.” He said as he blushed.
I smiled and looked at him. He walked over to me and between my legs again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked in his eyes. I blushed and looked down at his lips. Our lips were inches apart. Inches I leaned in slightly as did he. He gently placed his hand on my cheek. I could feel his breath on my lips. I look back up into his eyes and smile. He put his hands around my waist which made me blush even more. Just as he went in for the kiss, his phone rang. He moved back and answered. I sighed and got off the counter. I left him alone in the kitchen to talk in private and went up to the bedroom to lie down.

I was so close.

I shook my head and turned on my television to lessen my anger. Nothing was on any of the 6782 channels I have… as always. I just left whatever was on and turned to the window which Bert left open for me to wake up to.

“I’m sorry..” a voice said from behind.
I turned and looked at Bert. “It’s alright.”
“It was Joseph. He wanted to know when the third floor was gonna be done to bring in patients. It ain’t gonna be done for a while.” He said as he laughed and climbed onto my bed. “…Where were we?”

I smiled and shut off my television. I grabbed Bert’s face and kissed his lips. I couldn’t stop. I coveted his lips.

“Woah..” Bert said as he smirked.

I smiled and blushed. He pushed me down and kissed my lips as he ran his hands up my shirt.

“Take it off.” I said as I tilted my head back.
“My pleasure.” Bert said as he pulled off my shirt. “Woah.. You have tattoos?”
“Yeah..” I said as I laughed.
“Cool..” he said as he kissed my neck. That was my one weakness. Even when Gerard did it that one night.. It always gets me. “Oh, you like that?” he said as he smirked.
“Yes.. I do.” I said as I pulled off his shirt.
“You really want my D”
“I’ve only had sex once.”
Bert looked at me like I was crazy then ripped off my pants. I laughed then looked at him.
“I don’t know how you survive.”
“I try.”
He smiled then pulled off his pants. “….Condom?”
I shook my head no and pulled him on top of me.
“You… don’t think we’re going to fast?” He said as he looked at me.

I shook my head again and wrapped my arms around him. He smiled and shoved it inside. “Damn you’re really tight.” He said under his breath as he went faster and harder. I grabbed onto him and dug my nails into his back. Each time I did, he shoved it in hard. It was somewhat painful but… Good pain. I didn’t want it to end. He would go hard and fast but be gentle and slow at others; he knew what he was doing. He finally collapsed on top of me and kissed my neck.

“How.. was it?”
“…. Amazing.” I said as I closed my eyes.
“Good” he said as he pulled the covers over us. “…The second time is the best time.”
“You sure are right.” I said as I smiled.
He laughed and shut off my light. “Lindsey.”
“Yes, Bert?”
“I think.. It’s time we talk about what happened last night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't type smut. Give me another chaaance.