Status: 10/14/2020 - Currently being revised and a sequel is in the future! Chapters 1-3 are almost completely revised. c:

It's Not All What It Seems...

My Prince Charming

Walking the hospital just didn't feel the same after Bert had told me what has happened that previous night. I turned to Bert with an unsure expression on my face. He smiled reassuringly. Despite what has happened, he still wants to return to finish his job. I admired Bert for this but, deep down, I was nervous. As we were waiting in the elevator to go to the third floor, I looked up at Bert. To be honest, he is not that good looking; if you were to compare him to a girl’s average Prince Charming let’s say. Every inch of him was covered in a thick layer of hair, besides his chest. His face has this permanent grimace which gives the impression of him being grumpy all the time. It terrifies me however, if you really get the chance to talk to him… He’s not grumpy at all. The warmth of his smile is enough to just melt me. He was my Prince Charming. I smiled at the thought and looked ahead as Bert opened the grate for me.

“Okay so, some of your furniture that I couldn't make is here.” Bert said as he smiled.
“Oh good.” I said as I smiled. I walked up to my office and walked in. I looked down at this beautifully crafted desk. It was breathtaking that someone could do this with one’s own hands. “Bert… This is beautiful.”
“Wait until the wood finish is on.” Bert said as he handed me a can and paint. “It has a strong smell, I’ll open a window for you, babe”
“Babe?” I smiled and started painting.
“Honey?” He asked as he opened the window.
“Think of something creative.” I said as I looked up at him.
“Creative…. Baby cakes.”
“What?” I said as I laughed.
He shrugged and laughed as he started to put in file cabinets. “Hmm.. Well, I love the name Lindsey.”
“Aw” I said as I smiled.
“You smile a lot.”
“I can’t help it.”
“It’s one of the reasons why I like you…”

I turned and looked at him. “Bert McCracken come here” I said as I walked over and hugged him. I can’t get over how sentimental he is.
“….Are you gonna confront Joseph about last night?” he said as he hugged me back and kissed my head.
“I think you should.”
“Linds..”
“Bert”
“Lindsey, we don’t get along. Do you have siblings?”
“No-“
“Then you don’t understand. Stay out of it.”
“Bert, arguing over thi-“
“Lindsey-“
“Bert! Listen!”
“Lindsey!”
“Bert just pushing off the problem between you and Joseph isn't going to solve anything!”
“I SAID STAY OUT OF IT!” Bert shouted as he picked up a lamp and flung it against the wall behind me.

I stared at him agape, trying to form an articulate sentence. I looked to the door to leave but my body was too still in shock to leave. Bert slowly glanced up at me, not knowing the extent of his anger then started tearing.
“I’m sorry” Bert kept muttering as he cried and held his face “I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry”
Finally able to get a sound out of my throat, I cleared it and took a deep breath. “B-Bert… It’s fine. It’s not my place to get in between you and Joseph.”
“I… I’m really sorry. I won’t do that again.” Bert said as he wiped his tears and sniffed.

I hugged him tightly and kissed his head. I ran my fingertips up and down his back until he calmed down. It seemed to be working. I grinned and continued to do so. I moved his hair gently and kissed his neck which made him lay his head on my shoulder to expose more of his neck. Bert remained in my arms after he calmed down. I kissed up to his earlobe. “I forgive you. I know that wasn't the Bert I know-“ I whispered as I held him “you’ll always be my Prince Charming.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for how short it is :c I'll update asap c: