Status: 10/14/2020 - Currently being revised and a sequel is in the future! Chapters 1-3 are almost completely revised. c:

It's Not All What It Seems...

To Kill a Threat: Part I

Work had a different feel today. I don’t know why, but it does. I looked around at the different people walking past me, waving hello to Bert and I. I smiled and waved back, as did Bert. Yet.. I just wasn’t happy. I sighed as Bert escorted me to my office. He always did this, he never missed a morning.

“I’ll see you tonight, honey” Bert said as he smiled.
“Alright-“ I said as I kissed his lips “-I’ll be right here.”

Bert smiled as he kissed me again then he disappeared into a crowd of people. I smiled as I felt Bert’s kiss still lingering on my lips. I ran my fingertips over my lips as I opened my door with my other hand and entered. I walked over to my files and looked at my patients for the day. I smiled again; I loved the patients who I was seeing today. I got my files and walked out.

“Hey, Doc! Were you okay?” a man said as he ran up from behind and put an arm around my shoulder.
Startled, I turned and breathed easy when I saw Frank’s boyish smile. “I was fine, I just… wasn’t feeling good.”
“How are ya feeling, now?”
“Fine.” I said as I smiled.
“Great!” Frank exclaimed as he walked with me. “Where ya goin’?”
“Going to see a patient.”
“Am I on your list?” Frank said, trying to see my files.
“Ugh, nosey.” I said as I playfully hit him over the head with my files. “Yes, you are. You’re my last stop today.”
“Last is the best, right?”
“Of course.” I said as I laughed. I walked up to a room and hugged Frank. “Bye honey.”
“You smell nice.”
“Oh, thanks.” I said as I laughed again and walked in to find a woman sitting near her window.

“Salem?”
“Yeah?” she said as she looked over and smiled.
“How are you?” I said as I sat on her bed.
“I’m good… How are you?”
“I’m great.” I said as smiled back. Seeing her smile made me smile, she’s been through quite an ordeal. “So, what are you planning on doing today?”
“I don’t know..”
“You can always go to the recreation center.” I said as I smiled. “And you know you’re welcome to stop by my office, Frank is always lurking there.”
She laughed then sighed. “….I just don’t… feel like being here.”
“I know… But you’ll get out soon.”
“…I can’t face the world again.” Salem said as she turned to me. “Lindsey… I got my kids taken away.”
“I’ll help you get them back-“
“They remember what I am!” she exclaimed as she stood up and paced to the other side of the room, running her hands through her short, pixie haircut.
“Salem, its okay to be a little fucked up. We all are. It’s one thing to run away from people, it shows how scared we are. It’s real trust to go back and fix things as a new person-“
“….I’m not a new person.” She said, looking down desolately.
“To me you are.” I said as I walked over and looked at her. “When you came in here, you were a mess. You wouldn’t even talk. You had episodes every night… Look at you now. You’re a gorgeous woman with a lot to offer.” I said as I smiled. “You talk to me now, full sentences. You even give me cooking advice.”
“You.. take my advice?”
“Yeah. I need to cook for my boyfriend.” I added as I laughed and then smiled. I took her hands and sat with her on her bed. “Your kids must be the luckiest kids in the world to have a mother like you.”
She blushed and smiled. “I love them with all my heart.”
“I know you do.” I said as I hugged her. We spent majority of the afternoon chatting. I could talk to this woman about anything… We’ve had talks about how to cook the perfect Thanksgiving turkey to how to choose the perfect colour for a room. She was like the sister I never had. Unfortunately, I had to leave to see other patients. She embraced me goodbye as I did back and left. Walking halfway down the corridor to my next patient, I realized I left their file in my office. I roll my eyes and head back to my office. I walk up to it and enter to find Joseph finding comfort in my chair.

“Uh.. Good evening.” I said, baffled, as I took my coat off.
“Good evening. We need to have a word.”
“….Yes?”
“So, it’s been a couple of months since I handed the Way case to you. What’s the deal?”
“Well.. I know you’ve been treating him like a god damned animal down there. Throwing his food at him and having your staff gawk at him through the door…then you wonder why he gets mad! This poor guy can’t even go to the bathroom!”
“Ah, I see your emotionally detached…” Joseph said as he seemed not to care.
“Joseph, I want him moved.”
“…What?”
“I didn’t stutter.” I said as I walked over to my desk.
“Calm yourself.” Joseph said as he smirked. “If you can’t get anywhere with Gerard… We’re gonna have to take care of him.” he finished as he got up and fixed his tie.
“….’Take care of him’…?”
“He’s a threat to society.” Joseph said as he smiled.
“You’ll kill him over my dead body.” I said as I got in his face. “Now, I want Gerard moved to a regular room; he’s not a fucking animal.”
“Hmm…”
“If Gerard misbehaves..-“
“He’s dead.” Joseph interrupted as he looked at me.
I sighed and looked at him. “You’re going to really do that to him?”
“He’s a god damn murderer, Lindsey! If he didn’t take the insanity plea he would’ve been on death row.”

I looked down, trying to create a sentence that would make sense, and would save him. “…I’ll… I’ll save him, but you have to move him.”
“On one condition.” Joseph smirked.
“…What?”
“I want a little favor..” he said as he locked my door. “Bert doesn’t have to know.”
“Joseph, no.”
“Come on.. If you want Gerard in there so bad, you better start going down on your knees.” Joseph sneered as glared at me.
I looked down then back up at him and smiled. I started untying his tie, which made him tuck my hair behind my ear; away from my face. He smiled and sat back in my chair. I got down on my knees and smirked.
“Unbutton your blouse.” Joseph barked at me as he stared at me with those belittling eyes.
I unbuttoned my blouse a little, just to show my bra.
“Ugh.. God, Bert’s lucky.” He said as he started unbuckling his belt, getting ready for the pleasure in store.
I bit my lip and ran my hand over his crotch.
“You’re such a fucking tease..”
The smile wiped off my face and I gripped his crotch as hard as I could, making Joseph screech in pain.

“Don’t fucking threaten me.”