Status: 10/14/2020 - Currently being revised and a sequel is in the future! Chapters 1-3 are almost completely revised. c:

It's Not All What It Seems...

To Kill a Threat: Part III

Bert drove us home in complete silence. Why would he take his brother’s word over mine? I understand how hurt Bert is but, his brother is a liar; a no good filthy fraud. Why would he take his word over mine? I hung my head and cried silently at the thought of Bert leaving me; he’s the best thing going for me and… I don’t want to let a rumor ruin what we have. I turned to him to talk but Bert just sighed and continued to drive. This has to be the worst I’ve felt in the longest time. And to be dealing with this now? I just can’t take it. Bert parked in front of my house and got out. I got out also and quickly walked behind him to be with him; I needed some sort of sign from Bert that he wasn’t mad at me anymore. We walked in and Bert headed directly to our bedroom. I followed to find Bert sitting on our bed, taking off his shoes.

“…Yeah?” Bert said as he failed to look up.
“Can I talk now?”
“I guess…” he said as he slid off his jeans and laid back.

I sighed then took off my heels. “After I met with a patient, I realized I left a file in my office. I went back to get a file to meet with another. He was already in my office, making himself comfortable in my chair. He asked me about Gerard and I told him about the atrocities he was facing and requested if he could be taken care of better… In another room.” I said as I sat down and faced Bert. “Joseph locked my door and threatened to kill him if I didn’t help him. This room and with people treating him with dignity will make him better. He said he would move him if I gave him a blowjob-“

“So… You did? For Gerard?” Bert asked as he turned to me.
“Let me finish.” I said as I looked in his eyes. Bert nodded and looked down. “I’ll be honest. I seduced him. I played with his tie until he sat in my chair. I got on my knees and he un did his belt-“
“Stop!” Bert yelled as he sat up. “You did!”
“Let me finish!” I screamed over him as he sat up and looked at me dishonestly. “I grabbed his crotch so fucking hard.” I said as I started crying. “I dug my nails into it and I said: ‘Don’t fucking threaten me’ then he slapped me.”
Bert looked at me hesitantly.
“I grabbed the file and… moved Gerard to his new room.”
“So… You didn’t…Do anything?”
“No! I’m actually pretty upset you took your brother’s word over mine! I would never cheat! If I didn’t want to be with you, I wouldn’t have asked you to move in!” I said, at the verge of losing my sanity.

Bert sighed and smiled a little. “You really want to be with me?”
“I do. I love you, Bert.” I said as I smiled.
“I love you too, Lindsey.” He said as he kissed my lips. “I’m sorry… I’m just so used to girls cheating on me… I would… I don’t know what I would do if you ever left…”
“Same here, Bert.” I said as I kissed his cheek. “Bert… We need to talk… Now that were… Good.”
“Is it about Gerard?”
“Are you really doing this again?” I said as I laughed and kissed his forehead.
“I’m sorry.. I’m anxious.” He said as he smiled and laid back.
“Well…-“ I started, however, once again I was interrupted by Bert’s cellphone.

“I’m sorry, baby. It’s Joe, let me get this then I’m all yours.” He said as he kissed my lips. He got up and walked outside the room. I sighed and got in my pajamas. Bert never ignored Joseph’s calls. Being as nosey as I am, I pretend to be cleaning our dresser as I’m trying to eavesdrop into their conversation. Bert is one for having a low, soft voice. Joseph’s been calling Bert a lot recently, and he’d never tell me why. I want to know what he’s hiding from me. As soon as Bert walks in and shuts our bedroom door, I take off my jewelry and my makeup in the mirror. I look in the mirror at Bert who’s sitting on the bed, tearing. What did Joseph tell him? I walk over and sit on his lap.

“Berty.. What’s wrong?”
“I have to leave.”
“Leave…?” I repeated as I looked at him.
“The army..” Bert said as he looked up. “Joseph said I signed the papers to enlist but.. I don’t remember…”
“How the fuck does he know?”
“Our dad is a general, remember? Joseph keeps in contact with him…” Bert said as he shook his head and bit his lip.
“You can’t go.” I said as I hugged him.
“I have to! Or I’ll face prison!” Bert cried as he held me. “I’ll never see you again!”
“Bert… You can’t go!” I said as I stood up and looked at him.
“I have to! Did you not just here me?!” Bert said as looked at me. “I have to! This is so important to my family… I can’t let them down. And my signature’s on there! I can’t just not go!” He stood up and paced the room.

“…. Bert, I’m pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
my laptop broke so ill try and update at school this week! :)
xoxoxo