Sequel: You Can Hear Me Now
Status: Done but stick around for some oneshots!

I Want To Hear You

Chapter 21

Rather than telling my parents now we decided it would be better to wait until the left for work and than sneak out to go hang out with Demitri and Ashton.

As soon as we open my front door I am met with a grinning Demitri and a pouting Ashton who jumps at me and pulls me into a tight hug. When he pulls away he snatches the notebook that Paige reminded me to bring with me.

Why didn’t you tell me you two were getting together?’ he writes before shoving it back towards me.

I shrug a little ‘I didn’t know we were! I just asked out of the blue...’ I write back and I can see Demitri say something to Paige, who sticks his tongue out at him. ‘What did he say?’ I add on before holding the notebook back to Ashton.

The boy grins and scribbles a reply ‘Me and Demitri made a bet on who would ask who! I said you but Demitri was sure that Paige would ask you first! I was right!

I laugh at that and Ashton smiles widely up at Demitri who pouts down at him, making me laugh harder. ‘Honestly I didn’t think either of us would ask at any point but I guess I’m glad I did!

I think you guys are hot together! The height difference is amazing!’ Ashton teases, smirking at me.

It isn’t that bad! He’s only...half a foot taller than I am...

He’s still a lot taller than you though!

Shut up Ashton...

Ashton grins at me and grabs my hand, pulling me away from the door and towards the sidewalk, Demitri and Paige following close behind us and my other hand held back behind me with Paige holding it loosely.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

We ended up at the basketball courts again, I don’t know why we always come here seeing as how two of us can’t play for shit but I guess I don’t mind much.

Me and Ashton are once again sitting by the tree watching the other two ‘play’ basketball, they are actually just chasing each other around like a couple of puppies or something.

What’s up with Paige’s face?’ is the first thing Ashton asks since we had gotten there and I’m a little confused for a while until I remember than Paige still had the black eye from a couple days before.

He’s been having some problems at school...the football players don’t seem to like the fact that he’s gay...they beat him up on a regular basis. This isn’t even the worst of it though...

I watch Ashton’s face as he reads it and he seems to get angrier the more he reads and with the way he writes his reply I’m kind of worried he’s going to break the poor pencil.

Seriously? Why does he put up with shit like that?

Because he’s a lot smaller than them despite his height!

Ashton doesn’t reply for a while, glaring down at his lap. After a moment I reach out and rest my hand on his shoulder, giving it a little squeeze and he offers me a slightly forced smile.

He’s okay though...he isn’t letting any of it get to him and I think he’s going to finish school early and once he does he wants to move up here!’ I scribble down quickly and hold it out to Ashton again and his forced smile becomes a little more real and he nods.

That’s good...

That is good! I’ve talked to my parents about it and they said that if he ever needed somewhere to stay her was welcome to stay in the apartment above our garage...this was before we got together though...
♠ ♠ ♠
Italics are Oakley
Bold Italics are Ashton

I like this chapter...I really like Ashton, he reminds me a lot of my best friend (thats who he's based of off actually...)
I hope you guys like this chapter as well :)
Also! I have finished writing this story and there are only 2 more chapters :( but on the bright side I do plan to have some more about Demitri and Ashton as well as maybe something about Oakley's little brother? Let me know if you would be interested in that at all!